• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Cross one off the list...

Cross one off the list. Lurker to Owner! Traded in my beloved s2000 and got this 97' 59k miles from a small mom and pop dealer in Broken Arrow, OK.

The carfax was clean, 2-3 owners. Been a Broken Arrow/Tulsa car its entire life, but no maintenance records. I had the local Acura dealer do a PPI for me and it came back fine except a for the climate controls issue and leaking slave cylinder. Then I used the PPI as negotiation room and we came to a number I could agree to. The following week, I spent 5hrs saying goodbye to my S and picked up the NSX and had a 5hr drive home getting to know my new baby.

Its bone stock minus the wheels that are undersized in the rear. SSR Integrals, 16x7 fronts and 17x7 in the rear, with 215/45/16 and 245/45/17. I hope to remedy that soon, maybe i can find some 18x9 integrals by some chance. Then i have a few issues to fix. the CCU, master/slave, trunk struts, moisture in the tail lights, valve job/tune up and the dreaded tb/wp.

Here's some pics. And big thanks to Prime for informing me of everything to look for!

121y3x3.jpg

xgc95.jpg

Congratulations!!

...and, update your signature!

:smile:

Congrats!! Great looking NSX!! You're gonna absolutely love the experience. I have had 2 S2000's -- great cars for sure, but I don't regret for a minute going up to the NSX (actually on my 2nd one).

Happy motoring and Cheers!

welcome to ownership of a very amazing car.Your 17/7 rear wheel is narrow and is not a common rear width .I'd be curious to know the story behind it.,but at least you are aware of it.Your front spoiler is sagging and likely just needs some new fasteners,worst case it is torn from its screws and may need to be replaced.Have fun keeping the black clean:redface:

Welcome, car looks great! I don't know why but 97-01' are harder to come by nowadays so take care of her!

Their seems to be quite a few previous S2000 owners here, me included. Do you miss your S2000?

Besides the wheels and maintenance, do you have anything else planned for the car?

Congrats on your NSX. I also sold my s2000 to get my NSX. If I had extra space I had in my garage I would not have sold my s2000.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. Glad to be here!

Welcome, nice car and looking forward meeting you at the Craze in Austin!!

If all goes well on my end. I'll be there to meet you in Craze!

welcome to ownership of a very amazing car.Your 17/7 rear wheel is narrow and is not a common rear width .I'd be curious to know the story behind it.,but at least you are aware of it.Your front spoiler is sagging and likely just needs some new fasteners,worst case it is torn from its screws and may need to be replaced.Have fun keeping the black clean:redface:

I'm curious what the story is as well, The car came with a original delivery sheet with the owners name. Maybe a primer will recognize his name. Yeah gotta get spoiler fixed and hopefully it doesn't need to be replaced. And yeah...i've learned its not fun keeping it clean.:frown:

Welcome, car looks great! I don't know why but 97-01' are harder to come by nowadays so take care of her!

Their seems to be quite a few previous S2000 owners here, me included. Do you miss your S2000?

Besides the wheels and maintenance, do you have anything else planned for the car?

I do miss my S2000, i've spent alot of time in it, 150k miles. I met Uehara-san at the Homecoming meet and had him sign my radio door (which i still have). Lots of memories and friendships built because of it. I hope i have the same great fortune with the nsx. Maybe Uehara can sign my nsx too!!! *crosses fingers*

As for mods, I wanted to keep it relatively simple. Basic bolt ons. intake and a exhaust (used Angus AP-X would be awesome!) maybe a header if the price is right. And most importantly suspension. I plan to auto-x it and sprinkle in some road courses.

My spoiler was a little beat up too...but when I found out I could get a new one for $133....no biggie.

Black '97 was the one I was looking for..setteld for a red 97 CTSC...still always look at the black ones for sale.

Huge Congrats! Great looking NSX, indeed looking forward to meeting you
at NSX Craze in Austin / 2 weeks from now! One more NSX for the DFW
Metroplex! If you have any questions or need any help with parts or installs,
feel free to PM anytime!

Black '97 was the one I was looking for..setteld for a red 97 CTSC...still always look at the black ones for sale.

lol. I settled for a black. I soo wanted a red on black. An nsx in red is my fav.

Huge Congrats! Great looking NSX, indeed looking forward to meeting you
at NSX Craze in Austin / 2 weeks from now! One more NSX for the DFW
Metroplex! If you have any questions or need any help with parts or installs,
feel free to PM anytime!

Thank you sir. PM coming!

Back