• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy CT Engineering Supercharger kit 91-05 NSX (Ends April 1, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify something for me? Is this Group Buy for a CT Engineering Autorotor Kit? Or Lysholm? There are rumors going around that this GB is for the Lysholm kit..

Also what's the difference between Lysholm and the old Whipple? (I only knew CT to make the Whipple then the Autorotor, so this talk about a Lysholm confused me.. or are they the same thing?)

Can someone clarify something for me? Is this Group Buy for a CT Engineering Autorotor Kit? Or Lysholm? There are rumors going around that this GB is for the Lysholm kit..

Also what's the difference between Lysholm and the old Whipple? (I only knew CT to make the Whipple then the Autorotor, so this talk about a Lysholm confused me.. or are they the same thing?)

And which one is more reliable , meaning after 75k or so miles you still don't have screw around with the unit?

These are made by Lysholm. Both the Lysholm and the autorotor are just slightly more efficient than the whipple.

- - - Updated - - -

And which one is more reliable , meaning after 75k or so miles you still don't have screw around with the unit?

Lysholm is a top notch manufacturer, I would put their reliability and QC as one of the best. They are an OEM supplier.

Last edited:

I could never understand all the pros and cons of these. I'm sure a lot of people here know if they would care to explain the basics...

Everyone that has PM'ed me and has requested a PM on this list has been PM'ed. Sorry if some got it twice. I am losing track so if there is a doubt I send it anyway.

I haven't received my quote Dave..I am #191 on the original thread you had started. Thank you for all your efforts.

Last edited:
Every post on this thread replied to. I just make these posts as bookmarks so I know who I've replied to and who I haven't.

These are made by Lysholm. Both the Lysholm and the autorotor are just slightly more efficient than the whipple.

So how does the new Lysholm differ from the old Whipple? I hear both are 1.6L displacement units. Is the Lysholm just an updated Whipple?

So how does the new Lysholm differ from the old Whipple? I hear both are 1.6L displacement units. Is the Lysholm just an updated Whipple?

Don't forget there was an autorotor between these two. The reason Comptech didn't stay with the autorotor was availability. Some of these guys want to do OEM work only and don't care about small orders. The autorotor was 10% more efficient than the whipple, but I believe the Lysholm is as efficient as the autorotor was. I can't tell you the exact technical differences nor am I sure this is the thread for it but I asked Nate to chime in with a quick reply.

I can't tell you the exact technical differences nor am I sure this is the thread for it but I asked Nate to chime in with a quick reply.

I think it's at least important for people to know what they're buying, especially if they're about to drop a few grand and since the CT Engineering website still shows the Autorotor in all their pictures..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back