• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy CT Engineering Supercharger kit 91-05 NSX (Ends April 1, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookmark. Everyone above PM'ed.

Installation MUST BE done by a qualified shop, and we recommend a number of checks prior to installation which I will outline here.

I have an appointment Monday for my car to have a compression check. What other checks do you recommend?

Thanks!

I think compression and leakdown along with fuel pressure and a look over of the fuel lines and hoses is what you want to have done. Post install again you want to do a fuel pressure check and take air fuel ratio readings. That can be done on most dynos. Some common sense stuff like making sure engine oil is good, supercharger oil is good, coolant levels, clean air filtration, etc.

This is to the best of my knowledge, I don't want to speak for Nate.

So how does the new Lysholm differ from the old Whipple? I hear both are 1.6L displacement units. Is the Lysholm just an updated Whipple?

The Lysholm 1600AX we currently use has a larger inlet opening than the 1600AR we used originally. I have contacted Lysholm to see if specs exist for the older model. When I get concrete specs I can post the differences here. The only reason we moved away from each previous unit was availability. The 1600AR become impossible to get so we moved to the Autorotor 417 (which we purchased directly through Lysholm AB). Lysholm contacted us to inform us that the 417 was to be discontinued and suggested we utilize the Lysholm 1600AX. There's the whole story!

-Nate

Guys if you really do wish to discuss technical supercharger specifications further, I humbly ask that you please do it on a separate thread. I am having a really hard time already keeping track of all the people that are looking for PM's regarding price and information... and diluting this thread further will only make it more difficult for me. I think the differences and rationale Nate just spelled out should be plenty for this particular thread.

Thanks so much for understanding.

Pricing please. :)

I think it is top secret:smile:, and only being PM'ed, I strolled by to be nosy and catch a glimpse of the pricing just for kick's as I already have a CTSC that I scored before this thread went up and wanted to see how many times I should kick my self on the head for my psychic powers failing me to see this group buy coming together.

I think it is top secret:smile:, and only being PM'ed, I strolled by to be nosy and catch a glimpse of the pricing just for kick's as I already have a CTSC that I scored before this thread went up and wanted to see how many times I should kick my self on the head for my psychic powers failing me to see this group buy coming together.

Trust me I screwed myself with this too. Now my own CTSC is worth less on the market if I ever decide to sell.

PM'ed.

Dave is it cool if you update the list regarding people that still want the sc and people that have dropped out. I just want to be sure we hit the minimum amount needed for the group buy price. It will also minimize confusion.

We will hit the minimum. Don't worry about that. It's just too soon for me to update the list right now. I'm still trying to make sure everyone is aware and able to place their deposits. There are a ton of guys I've spoken to that will continue to place deposits. Ive had over 100 inquiries, that list is not even that accurate anymore. It is well beyond that number now. The bigger problem is keeping up with the demand. PM me if you have any concerns or need help.

Has anyone in this GB deposited yet? If so, is there a system that Nate can keep track who has paid and has not? I, myself, have not done so. So how should I do that?

Per post 1,

Product Will Ship: 2-4 weeks after the group buy is closed, ship date can be delayed at customer's request.

Deposit: $750 Deposit when submitting order, 50% due when we start making YOUR kit, balance due when kit ships.

Payment Methods Accepted: Visa, MaterCard, Discover, Wire Transfer, Check (held for clearance) or Cash.

Estimated Delivery Time: Mid to late April

Shipping & Insurance Costs: $100-150 depending on location. Contact us for International shipping quotes.

Your initial $750 deposit locks you in for this special pricing. After we receive your second payment we will procure the additional parts and build your kit. You’re looking at 4 weeks after this second deposit before we ship your kit and collect the remaining balance.

To ensure your order is placed and your spot in line, we will need to get orders written and deposits placed in our system. Please call or email me when you are ready to place your orders. Once your deposits are received and your order is placed, you are in the Que. My telephone number is listed below.

Nate Haines
CT Engineering
ph: (916) 635-4550 x.300
fx: (916) 635-4632

Has anyone in this GB deposited yet? If so, is there a system that Nate can keep track who has paid and has not? I, myself, have not done so. So how should I do that?

Last edited:
I have seen this, but this is a large number how will he keep track of each one. Any way, I have left him a message last week and never return my message.

Hey guys please just have some patience, Nate will get back to you, he is just dealing with a lot of calls. I'll contact him and see how I can help. Drtruong, did you leave a voice message?

Hey guys please just have some patience, Nate will get back to you, he is just dealing with a lot of calls. I'll contact him and see how I can help. Drtruong, did you leave a voice message?

I left the message to Chris ( I believed) to call me back on my cell phone that was last week. How would he keep track who has paid or not if he is overwhelm with this big purchase?

I really appreciate all of your work here, Dave!!!! .............You, THE MAN!

He has track. They have a paperwork and computer system there, they Know who has deposits and who doesn't. Can you PM me your real first and last name and I will make sure your message isn't lost.

I've sent two payments of $1500 so far and have an electronic invoice for each. He has all of my information and has been swamped with work from this group buy but still manages to keep me updated when I call. Ct is short in intake manifolds so they are having ones cast and machined in the next few weeks. This is a legit deal so best to get your foot in the door sooner rather than later.

I've sent two payments of $1500 so far and have an electronic invoice for each. He has all of my information and has been swamped with work from this group buy but still manages to keep me updated when I call. Ct is short in intake manifolds so they are having ones cast and machined in the next few weeks. This is a legit deal so best to get your foot in the door sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the info. I will call him again tomorrow.

Please pm me price ....Thanks

Seriously. You are sure earning the clutch hook-up, Dave.

Please PM pricing.

Thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back