• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom High end nsx stereo's

Relocation of power steering computer adding jl woofer in passenger footwell, focal speakers in doors dynamat doors for added midbass, custom made dash piece with lifetime warrenty on fit and finish. Years of experience working on nsx's in the D.C area.

Attachments

• DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC00086.jpg
    DSC00086.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 277
  • nsx (6).jpg
    nsx (6).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture 1161 (2).jpg
    Picture 1161 (2).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 322
  • Picture 1163 (2).jpg
    Picture 1163 (2).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 440
  • Picture 1168.jpg
    Picture 1168.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 781
  • Picture 2261.jpg
    Picture 2261.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 2262.jpg
    Picture 2262.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • Picture 901.jpg
    Picture 901.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 300
  • nsx 045.jpg
    nsx 045.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 221
High End = NSX or Stereo? Just wondering which you're referring to as high end.

Any pictures of the doors?

LOL... every installer thinks that the concave nook on the left side of the trunk is the best place for them to put in their amplifiers (where you have the Alpine class D amp). You are killing the car's ability to carry a wheel and tire in the trunk when there is a flat. That is why that area is there. Your work looks nice, but I would keep that in mind on any NSX installations.

attachment.php

Please tell me that isn't a set of vice-grips propping up the trunk strut and resting against the rear fender with nothing to protect the paint.

attachment.php

Please tell me that isn't a set of vice-grips propping up the trunk strut and resting against the rear fender with nothing to protect the paint.

its not vice grips.. but whatever it is shows that this job isn't "high end"

:p

its not vice grips.. but whatever it is shows that this job isn't "high end"

:p

It does look like vice grips which are being used to support the weak trunk strut. I guess the owner of this car didn't have them repaired or replaced before the stereo install.

Furhtermore they used a insert behind the OEM radio space. I would think that a "high end" install would have used a new console or do a better job at filling in the space.

Last edited:
1. The concave part where the alpine amps went was because of aftermarket wheels no spare was needed and the guy wanted room for a golf bag, no place else for two amplifiers in that car where they will fit and not overheat. And he did not want any crazy trim out work for the amps just to make them stealth.

2. LOL thanks for noticing the vice grips!!! I did put new shocks on the trunk later on don't worry, and the car was protected with covers on the fenders during the install, I actually use a very thick plastic barrier. I had covers that go over the amps in the trunk I think I posted pics for the side amp covers. There were two amps for that system a JL 250-1v2 running two 6w3v3's in the pass. floor and a JL300-2v2 running a pair of boston z's in the doors.

I can vouch for Myer-emco, they do most of the custom NSX stereo installs here in Northern Virginia. They do good work, I am very happy with my setup. It is only as high end as your budget allow.

Furhtermore they used a insert behind the OEM radio space. I would think that a "high end" install would have used a new console or do a better job at filling in the space.

I like my setup, I did not want a double DIN or just a cut out for a single DIN. Myer-emco did my center console, the CF look was done by someone else.
IMG_8223.JPG

Last edited:
What is the cost to do a console with this DIN+1/2 cut out , including / not including the mounting panel for the deck , I actually like the way that the aftetrmarket part looks like the OEM CC unit.

i would love this center console piece .... with a standard double din cutout.
group buy anyone?

+1 on the GB question.
I would be happy with one just like that. I have a DD but would be willing to make this one work for the right $$.
If you start asking for so many options and changes, it would probably get to be more of a hassle than need be.

cost?

Beautiful Console Chris_NSX! :smile: That is a very exquisite piece of work. Now everybody wants one...Ha ha.

BTW, I think its funny how others want to jump on the GB bandwagon when none is being offered.

Here are some pictures I took last week of a high end stereo system that had just been finished. He removed the spare tire to allow space for a second battery. Sorry the pictures aren't better.

Attachments

• hhr55y34bfdb 038.jpg
    hhr55y34bfdb 038.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 197
  • hhr55y34bfdb 039.jpg
    hhr55y34bfdb 039.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 521
  • hhr55y34bfdb 040.jpg
    hhr55y34bfdb 040.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 175
  • hhr55y34bfdb 041.jpg
    hhr55y34bfdb 041.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 183
  • hhr55y34bfdb 042.jpg
    hhr55y34bfdb 042.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 155
So I'm still wondering what is high end... Is it the components being used, the installation itself, the amount of $$$ the owner spent...? I'm just trying to figure out what high end equates to here. Thanks.

btw, the trunk looks pretty good. What speaker and amps did the owner go with?

Here are some pictures I took last week of a high end stereo system that had just been finished. He removed the spare tire to allow space for a second battery. Sorry the pictures aren't better.

Is this owner from NC? If so, I wonder if he has ever come to Daytona Beach for IASCA stereo shows in the past. That car looks a little familiar.

Back