• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash CRACK?...hood side--dead center

Lee

Registered Member
Question on the gap located in the center of the dash closest to the windshield. Is it a crack or an intended break in the dash? Obviously the gap width fluctuates greatly with temp. Sometimes up to 1/8" others days no gap, so i guess i could buy that it is intended. However, my 88 CRX Si has the same problem, but this is certainly a crack.

Also, I notice some flex coming from under the dash when driving slowly through slightly unlevel parking areas? Anyone else experienced any of these issues?

I think that crack is supposed to be there. I can't go out and look at mine because its in storage.

Do you have a T model? I haven't noticed any chassis flex in mine at all. Someone posted some creaking when they drive up driveways and I never heard any of that too.

Lee, I have the exact same thing with my dash in my 91. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be there or not.

Yup, I got that too. It's right where the dash has some cover for a bolt, right. The "crack" is about an inch.

My personal feeling is that it's a crack, since it isn't perfectly straight.

I saw what I think similar cracks in 3 different high mileage NSX. Mine don't have the cracks. OF course, if someone can post the picture so we all can verify we're talking about the same one.

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 11 March 2001).]

Hi,

I have a 1994 NSX and my dash also has that crack around the temp. sensor. From top to bottom. I checked the manual, and it seems as though it's supposed to be one piece not two. Any ideas as to how this piece cracked?

Ed

Nsxotic,

Thanks, I always wondered what that slotted cover was for.

------------------
tams1593.JPG

1995 NSX-T
1997 Integra GS-R 4-dr
1999 3.2TL

Thanks guys, I have a 92 coupe in excellent shape (just zymol'd-a time when blk is really cool to have) w/36k mi-dont understand the creaking thing, its very slight. I just noticed the "crack" a few months ago. And I kindof think it is a crack...like FuryNSX indicated it is not perfectly straight-so maybe just wishfull thinking that it was intended. It was very cold this winter I am afraid that it might have began recently since I am sure I would have noticed it. (my garage is not heated or insulated---apts!) Probably a defect typical in hondas. I guess I could say that I feel a little better now to know that I am not the only one... I'm assuming that everyone's "crack" is located just to the right of the sunlight sensor.

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 12 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 12 March 2001).]

It is a fairly common problem... I theorize that it is related to heat cycling. A heated garage and regular use of a windshield sunscreen would probably prevent or at least slow it down.

would filling the gap or cover up the gap effect the sun sensor?

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

Back