• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DDM 55w HID kits - Best price here! $155 shipped.

Thanks Matt!

If that response was any indication of the service from these guys I'm psyched that I ordered these from them
:smile: !

These are going to be a huge improvement over my 91 factory lights!
I'm really looking forward to getting these installed!

-Randy

Thanks Matt!

If that response was any indication of the service from these guys I'm psyched that I ordered these from them
:smile: !

These are going to be a huge improvement over my 91 factory lights!
I'm really looking forward to getting these installed!

-Randy

Thanks for the compliments Randy.

We chose to partner with Synergy Autoworks because we knew that they would offer the same level of customer service that we offer our customers, which is very important to us. Synergy is Top Notch and we are very happy that they are representing us on NSX Prime.

Thanks to all of our new customers and i have nothing to add on habbie1's comment.

I want to thank Matt for his awesome customer service skill and DDM products and we are look foreword to offer more products to NSX Owners..

some pictures i took last night of my wifes car. H4 9006

The first 2 pictures were taken from the exact same place, the only difference is i turned the headlights on.

lights off
hid003.jpg

lights on
hid001.jpg

Measurments (notice where DDM is on the ballast, the 35W kits are in a totaly different place)

hid005.jpg

hid006.jpg

Will these work on a motorcycle? An 05 honda CBR1000rr? I've seen a few floating around but the price here is pretty good for a 55w kit. are the ballast slimline?

Yes they will work and yes they are slim.

You need an H7 kit

I need to get one for the high and low beams on my bike. is the kit just lows or lows and high's? Is the 55watt kit to high for motocycles? do you sell a delay relay so the start-up wont kill bike battery? Just trying to get a little clarity before i pull the trigger. thanks.

Last edited:
I just received the HID kit and I have one question. Is it necessary for me to install an in-line fuse?

I need to get one for the high and low beams on my bike. is the kit just lows or lows and high's? Is the 55watt kit to high for motocycles? do you sell a delay relay so the start-up wont kill bike battery? Just trying to get a little clarity before i pull the trigger. thanks.

Your bike uses 1 bulb on one side for low beams and then you flip on high beams and the other side comes on, correct? If yes, you only need 1 kit.

You don't need a delay harness. It won't kill the battery. I run the same kit on my R6 with no issue at all having a direct connection.

For the fuse, it's not required for the install..... HOWEVER, many knowledgable individuals highly suggest it to be on the safe side. It's not hard either to wire up a simple relay. I say it's worth the effort to do it. I've been running a week now trouble free. I'm going to do it when I find time, maybe in a week or two.

Your bike uses 1 bulb on one side for low beams and then you flip on high beams and the other side comes on, correct? If yes, you only need 1 kit.

You don't need a delay harness. It won't kill the battery. I run the same kit on my R6 with no issue at all having a direct connection.

ok thanks, im in. payment sent. what bulb do you run in the bike?

Can't wait to see what 10000K looks like LoL i'm getting rid of the first set i bought 6000K from another vendor as they flicker like when you just turn them on as if they are warming up (not from bouncing but from power draw???) I'

Can't wait to see what 10000K looks like LoL i'm getting rid of the first set i bought 6000K from another vendor as they flicker like when you just turn them on as if they are warming up (not from bouncing but from power draw???) I'

Have you tried wiring in a relay?

as they flicker like when you just turn them on as if they are warming up (not from bouncing but from power draw???) I'

Hi

I have flickering when I turn on hid's on lowbeam and high beam when the engine is not running.

When I have the engine running I never have this problem. It is normal is what I have been told.

Regards

I have had a cheap kit in the past, that flickered all the time. It was annoying. My car could be running, or off, and it would flicker about every 10-20 seconds. Never had that problem once with the ddm kit

installed both my high and low beam sets weds. I LOVE THEM! they were super easy to install almost a real plug and play, simply reverse wire on both and they work perfect.. aslo due to the design of them being sooo slim I was actaully able to fit them between the actual headlight and the painted cover don't even know they are there. we considered "over heating" but in that position air will cool them when the light are actually on :biggrin:

I have HID's already, but damn, I want to buy a set of these!

. aslo due to the design of them being sooo slim I was actaully able to fit them between the actual headlight and the painted cover

That's a neat idea. I was worried about anything touching the painted cover though because I was afraid in the future anything pressing on the cover might leave stress cracks in the paint possibly.

I zip tied mine to the bottom of the beam going across left to right directly behind the headlight and it just hides it enough from plain sight.

Blurry, you got PM

Well, turned out to be another plug'n'pray-installation. :confused:

My H1-bulb (in my EUDM Accord, not the NSX) is placed in an adapter. The spring securing the bulb, is locked over the wings of the adapter, and not the bulb itself. Se pics.

Any good suggestions for solving this problem easily? I could dremel a similar adapter to fit (as I do not want to destroy the OEM one) but cannot find anything like it on the net.

Attachments

• 05042008(001).jpg
    05042008(001).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 05042008(002).jpg
    05042008(002).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 05042008(003).jpg
    05042008(003).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
Well, turned out to be another plug'n'pray-installation. :confused:

My H1-bulb (in my EUDM Accord, not the NSX) is placed in an adapter. The spring securing the bulb, is locked over the wings of the adapter, and not the bulb itself. Se pics.

Any good suggestions for solving this problem easily? I could dremel a similar adapter to fit (as I do not want to destroy the OEM one) but cannot find anything like it on the net.

I had the same problem on my Prelude. But I switched over to projectors that take the H1 bulb easily..

But this is what I did before I switched over to projectors. Since the HID H1 bulb doesn't require the plastic wing piece that holds the H1 bulb. You cannot secure the bulb with the spring retaining clip so the bulb moves around in the housing.

I went to Home Depot and got one of the "white rubber" bath tub drain plugs and cut it to the shape of the plastic winged clip and used it as a 'spacer' between the HID bulb and the spring retainer.

Thanks for an excellent idea. I'll buy some and try.

I was so focused on my problem, I completly forgot to tell that I find the kit to be superb. It is an easy installation and the ballast really does not require much space. Awsome light.

SAW is a vendor to be recommended to the rest of our community. Thanks!

Back