• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DDM 55w HID kits - Best price here! $155 shipped.

The problem you will run into with High beam HID is that it'll have a long pause before it flashes on when you "flash to pass". I'm guessing that a momentary flash with HID isn't good for it either......

Sorry but this might be a silly question but will this work for the high beam? I already have a low beam hid kit.

It will work for the high beam. As Koolaid said, it is not designed for a quick pulse, but if you often drive with your high beams on for longer periods of time, than it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

The problem you will run into with High beam HID is that it'll have a long pause before it flashes on when you "flash to pass". I'm guessing that a momentary flash with HID isn't good for it either......

Hi

I have low beam HID's, high beam HID's and also fog light HID's. I have used them some in the dark as I live in a part of the world that has daylight all night long during the summer season.

However I have not had any problems with the delays on the high beams. Yes they do use some time to warm up. But if I have to go to only low beam on the "highway" I usually goes to high beam before the bulbs have the time to be cold again.

If I am out driving and then powers down to low beam as I catch somebody. I can usually "hit" them with the light horn and "hit" them so hard that it looks like daylight around us.

The traffic is ofcourse different here and there. But I have had a lot less problems with the time on the high beam bulbs than I expected.

FYI I do not drive with foglight HID's and the other HID's on at the same time. It is not legal here and I would think that oncoming traffic is not too happy if I am all HID'ded up. :wink:

Regards

Just got mine today by Fedex. Really cool, I just left some feedback which should be up any day. I'll be working on your Itrader rating now.

BTW, I posted Itrader for "Synergy Autoworks". Which forum name did you prefer? Dont forget about me :)

Just got mine today by Fedex. Really cool, I just left some feedback which should be up any day. I'll be working on your Itrader rating now.

BTW, I posted Itrader for "Synergy Autoworks". Which forum name did you prefer? Dont forget about me :)

Koolaid, how'd the install go for you... plug and play pretty much? I'm thinking about a set too.

Thank you sir.

Synergy autoworks please!

Itrader rating only let you post 3 a day.. i'm trying.. lol

can you wait till 1 am..:tongue:

Koolaid, how'd the install go for you... plug and play pretty much? I'm thinking about a set too.

Just came back from 2 hour drive. I wish I could of installed them for the drive there and back in the dark but I didn't want to risk rushing the install, then realizing that I need to lower my headlights during my drive. I aimed mine up a tiny bit and it does WONDERS for stock lights. Anyhow, I'm researching some past install threads before I start drilling into my dust covers. Will post up soon.

********edit*********
Just finished my install. Over all result is the light of the 5000k is VERY white. My stocks even though nicely lit up the road were obviously yellow in comparison.

Install, took me 2 hours. Most guys can get it done in 1 hour. The BIGGEST PITA is to zip tie all those damn wires and routing them where they won't get pinched. It's kind of awkward positioning them. I ended up with two different ways of mounting each side. Obviously the 2nd side coming out MUCH better. Oh and get plenty of long zip ties. I used ATLEAST 6 on the first and 10 on the 2nd. Yeah it's alot with 10, but it's positioned just perfectly for me. 2nd BIGGEST PITA is getting those stupid dust caps back on with how the power plug, which doubled in size now, get jammed against everything else inside the cap. Typical of any HID kit though, basically. The cap pissed me off the most and I hated cramming it all together in who knows what type of orientation in there. Eventually it came back together for me.

oh and it's 99% plug and play. You DO gotta drill a hole for the new grommet. So use a 1" wood boring bit. The other half percent is because you DO have to switch the two power wires around on the factory bulb plug located inside the dust cap. I took pictures. It gotta pop the wires out with something small like a tiny screw driver, then pop them back in + wire ----> - side and - wire -----> + side.

Another thing, don't drop the headlight cover screws. They're a bitch to fish out.

Oh......... and for some reason one head light spreads out the light and also leaves a small BRIGHT spot on one headlight and the other one doesn't do the spot, it just spreads it out. So they don't match. However, i only turned them on for less than a minute when they were both done. Maybe it takes a couple minutes to get up to full temp. I played around with the first one a bit so it had more run time, so who knows. I'll find out later. I was anxious to get back inside where it's warm and into bed. I hope they both match anyways or it's going to bother me pretty bad. The stocks matched.

Future suggestion. Route the factory headlight power plug to outside the dust cap. That way the big fat plug won't get crammed inside the dust cap. Oh and you can get away with drilling a smalled like sub 1/2" hole instead. Just an idea for those who are into modifying things like I am.

Anyhow, maybe I'm just a shitty wrencher.

I'll finish this post later. I'm tired.

Last edited:
Thank you for the heads up KooLaid. Check the bulbs to see if they are both in all the way, and let them both warm up good. If you are still having problems with it, and are unhappy, pm me, and we will take care of it.

this my review from the other thead

5000k 55w

My Review:
make sure you have extra zip ties and don't cut the 1 inch hole in your dust cap cut a slit at the bottom or top of dust cap to allow wires to pass threw and make sure every plug snaps in place right. I'll take better pictures when I get a chance, it started to rain so couldn't get any good pics. Clip the headlight plug in the correct way and reverse the 2 port plug that goes into the ballast. All you have to do is remove the clip from the plug and stick a paperclip into the tiny opening on the terminal and push hard and the terminal will push in to be removed and switched. Make sure the terminal clicks back in place when inserting it back into the port.

left is stock right is ddm
47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126353be00000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126153bc00000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126ed28300000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126cd28100000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126d53b000000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

47b8dd26b3127cceb5a2126ad28700000026100Act3DVm2ZuWLA

How is the lifetime warranty with Dabears2k going to work now?

I bought a set from him with Lifetime Warranty, but he doesn't sell the DDM kits now...?

Please clarify.

He still sells them, just not on this site. If you have a problem, warranties can still be handled through them.

this my review from the other thead

5000k 55w

My Review:
make sure you have extra zip ties and don't cut the 1 inch hole in your dust cap cut a slit at the bottom or top of dust cap to allow wires to pass threw and make sure every plug snaps in place right. I'll take better pictures when I get a chance, it started to rain so couldn't get any good pics. Clip the headlight plug in the correct way and reverse the 2 port plug that goes into the ballast. All you have to do is remove the clip from the plug and stick a paperclip into the tiny opening on the terminal and push hard and the terminal will push in to be removed and switched. Make sure the terminal clicks back in place when inserting it back into the port.

Are we talking about the same thing? All I did was reverse the red and black wires on the factory plug inside the dust cap. Bam! There was light.

I guess the same effect can be had by reversing the blue and black wires on one end of the power plug before it runs into the ballast. I just wasn't sure how to take that new plug apart so I went the easier route with the reversing the factory plug end in the dust cap.

Yours looks so neat, how did you manage that? I tucked everything as tight together as I could. Did you let the ignitor hang free? Or did you zip tie it to something?

How is the lifetime warranty with Dabears2k going to work now?

I bought a set from him with Lifetime Warranty, but he doesn't sell the DDM kits now...?

Please clarify.

I'm still around ;)

RKM Performance / Dabears2k.com is first and foremost a Wholesaling company, which is why we have partnered with Synergy to provide the NSX Community with Retail support.

Any and all warranty issues with be handled 100%

Thanks again for your continued support.

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

Are we talking about the same thing? All I did was reverse the red and black wires on the factory plug inside the dust cap. Bam! There was light.

I guess the same effect can be had by reversing the blue and black wires on one end of the power plug before it runs into the ballast. I just wasn't sure how to take that new plug apart so I went the easier route with the reversing the factory plug end in the dust cap.

Yours looks so neat, how did you manage that? I tucked everything as tight together as I could. Did you let the ignitor hang free? Or did you zip tie it to something?

ya, we're talking about the same thing.

thanks, took a while pressing the headlight retraction button back and forth, back and forth until I found good locations for the ballast and ignitor.

I hope you can take better pictures then I did

I ordered a set of these HID's and all I can say is that my experience with Synergy has been nothing less than stellar. Their communication with me has been great and the transaction was flawless. I'm glad that there is another vendor with excellent customer service.

I'll post my review of the product after I install it in my NSX.

Hi,
I'm interested in these also...
Are there any concerns about the factory wiring being able to handle the addtional draw of the 55w units?

Thanks!
-Randy

Hi,
I'm interested in these also...
Are there any concerns about the factory wiring being able to handle the addtional draw of the 55w units?

Thanks!
-Randy

Randy,

The 55w kit actually draws less power than the stock headlight bulbs. There is no concern about this kit burning out the stock wiring.

In over 7 years of this kit, I have not heard of anyone burning out stock wiring when installed correctly (I have heard of it when people try to run 2 sets off 1 set of wires. Bad Idea...)

Matt

Last night was my first time out with the HID's. I've owned and driven other cars, with HID domestic, Euro and Japanese but these are different from what I'm used to. It actually made me feel odd, really tripping me out when I would be at a T intersection and watching cars drive by and having my lights flash on the side of their cars. It's just so damn WHITE. On DARK roads, the HIDs would illuminate street signs and those road markers atleast DOUBLE if not triple the distance my regular low beams would. The whiteness of the lights make white and yellow street markers almost BLIND me as the HIDs reflect back at me.

I might not be OH WOW, but they are REALLY nice though. Initially I wasn't impressed but the more I drove, the more impressed I got. I also can't stress this enough, this 55w 5000k are SO DAMN WHITE! Good god! No more yellow what so ever.

As for the one light leaving an additional bright white spot 4"x8" square on my garage door at about 10-15 feet away, I don't feel that it makes any difference on the street. It's not noticable while driving. Just when I pull up to my garage, so no big deal. I'll have to recheck that the bulbs are fully seated but other than that, I really do like these.

BTW, one more question since I can't check right now. When the factory alarm goes off, which head lights does it turn on or flash?????

Last edited:
Thanks very much KooLaid!

Sounds like a plan to me!

Sign me up for the 5000k/55w

Thanks!
Randy

Randy .. Thank you..

Rich..

You should add #9. Synergy Autoworks - H4 (wife) on the list.. lol

Where is write up ?

Back