• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealer wrecked my car

Psychobiology said:
You don't want to get an NSX?

Yes and no. I don't know how that would be as my only car and it's kind of like the M3 and Z06 situation, older car with a decent amount of miles on it. Also hopefully my dad will end up with a 97+ relatively soon so when I'm in town I can drive that around. I think in the end I'll be behind the wheel of a new Sti, but we'll see.

Useless, incorrect, inaccurate and inflammatory comments are peppered throughout this thread. It would take hours at the keyboard to address them all.
Good luck.

95NSXT said:
I drove the Evo MR the other day and really liked it but I do already have a full exhaust for a new Sti and I think the suby dealer was going to, what sounded like, cut me a really good deal on a new sti.

Don't get a STi just because of the exhaust. If I were you I'd go for the Evo X, new GT-R, or just save and wait for a year or two for the rebirth of JDM sport cars:biggrin:

New Title

NEW TITLE OF THIS THREAD SHOULD BE;

Service managers face wrecked after...

AND SHOULD START LIKE THIS;

So, I just got outta' jail for wrecking my service managers face with a bloody tire iron....

OK, I know a lil' viscious, but it's what my gut says, NOT MY LOGICAL MIND!:biggrin:

gtr said:
Don't get a STi just because of the exhaust. If I were you I'd go for the Evo X, new GT-R, or just save and wait for a year or two for the rebirth of JDM sport cars:biggrin:

New GT-R? You mean the one that won't be available until who knows when with the expected price north of $80K?

robr said:
New GT-R? You mean the one that won't be available until who knows when with the expected price north of $80K?

Japan : Summer 2007
US: Spring 2008

I'm going to try and be in Japan for the launch.

95NSXT said:
Welp they bought the car from me. I got a good deal and got to keep my turbo back exhaust and a few other parts.

Now what to buy in the 25-35k range????

New sti, mr, s2k? Older M3, Z06? Decisions decisions:biggrin:

My bike listed in my sig! :biggrin:

Damn that's a tough deal...I'd go after a older M3 personally.....

jeffrey said:
My bike listed in my sig! :biggrin:

Damn that's a tough deal...I'd go after a older M3 personally.....

Ditto. Something about the M3s...they're just timeless. An E30 M3 is just as cool today as it was when it came out. I still like the E36 too....can't go wrong with the M3.

If you want an M3, make sure you get a certified preowned vehicle and in Indiana, you will also definitely need snow tires. That way, you get the additional warranty. On a side note, my 01 E46 M3 may be for sale (Carbon Black Metallic):smile:

Tim

Why are people even mentioning his insurance company and what they will pay. The only involvement his insurance company should have is getting the VIN number changed to the new car he gets from the dealer. The dealer better be bending over backwards to make sure you leave happy, and repairing that car is out of the question. If they want to repair it and sell it after they give him a new one, then so be it, but it's not his problem to deal with, and in no way should he have a car with an accident history due to the dealers negligence. If they even give you the slightless pushback on replacing the car, get a lawyer and sue their asses.

Ncturnal said:
Why are people even mentioning his insurance company and what they will pay. The only involvement his insurance company should have is getting the VIN number changed to the new car he gets from the dealer. The dealer better be bending over backwards to make sure you leave happy, and repairing that car is out of the question. If they want to repair it and sell it after they give him a new one, then so be it, but it's not his problem to deal with, and in no way should he have a car with an accident history due to the dealers negligence. If they even give you the slightless pushback on replacing the car, get a lawyer and sue their asses.
I would have to agree. The owner of the car and his insurance company should have very little to do with any of this... it's the dealer's deal to go well out of their way to make this right. There is no reason for the owner to go through any sort of strain over the dealer crashing HIS car.

My opinions don't count for much, but I got this one right for once. :biggrin:

nsx2tall said:
I think you should work with the dealer to obtain an '06 at no cost to you. The bad press alone will hurt his service business.

95NSXT said:
Welp they bought the car from me. I got a good deal and got to keep my turbo back exhaust and a few other parts...

95NSXT said:
... I think the suby dealer was going to, what sounded like, cut me a really good deal on a new sti. And the limited edition Sti in 07 sounds pretty nice. 400 in each color. Hmmmm

{...strains arm patting himself on the back...}

What you need to do now is figure out how to trade things like the guy with the red paperclip. Then you could get a Lamborghini for your wrecked Subaru (with a few steps in between).

95NSXT said:
Yes and no. I don't know how that would be as my only car and it's kind of like the M3 and Z06 situation, older car with a decent amount of miles on it. Also hopefully my dad will end up with a 97+ relatively soon so when I'm in town I can drive that around. I think in the end I'll be behind the wheel of a new Sti, but we'll see.
i am sorry o hear that sir i would be maddddd if that hapened to me
by the way who is the dealer u took the sti
i got one and i want to take it over when i need to replace it with somethink new!!!!!
again i am so sorry to hear obout your car
dimitris

DIMITRIS said:
i am sorry o hear that sir i would be maddddd if that hapened to me
by the way who is the dealer u took the sti
i got one and i want to take it over when i need to replace it with somethink new!!!!!
again i am so sorry to hear obout your car
dimitris

Yeah I'd like to know which dearler this is as well. What happened to the tech? Sorry about the loss :mad:

Did the dealer buy it from you or the dealer's insurance company?....If the dealer paid for it out of pocket than they can fix it and sell it as a non "Salvage" car...."Buyer beware" at that dealer.

zahntech said:
Did the dealer buy it from you or the dealer's insurance company?....If the dealer paid for it out of pocket than they can fix it and sell it as a non "Salvage" car...."Buyer beware" at that dealer.

What is the VIN of the STI that they wrecked?

gtr said:

Well I think it's now between the Sti and the Evo.

jorligan, re he heally? Just for fun, how much? how many miles?

jeffrey, I'd kill myself on a bike faster than you could blink

nsx2tall, "What you need to do now is figure out how to trade things like the guy with the red paperclip." No idea what that means haha

DIMITRIS, timothyaw, it was bob rohrman subaru in lafayette. I am not certain what happened to the tech.

zahntech, insurance bought it and shipped it to a junkyard.

White92, I don't have it with me at the moment.

Well I went to the dealer and he basically said I could get it for invoice which would leave me car payments for 48 months to make up the difference between what I got and what I'd have to pay. Now he still seems like he's willing to help me more than his offer? I dont know. It's hard to read people. He obviously doesn't want to come out and say he'll give it to me for $5 because they wrecked my car and now i'm forced to buy another car that I didn't want to do so maybe we'll make him an offer. As of now, I'm looking at used Sti's and Evo's

If its between the sti and the evo I would go sti. I think the sti is just a little nicer than the evo. Just my opinion. And you can definitely work that guy over at the dealer a little more. I used to work at an autobody shop where this situation happened. Needless to say the shop bought the car back from the customer for more than retail just for his inconvenience. Go work a deal.:biggrin:

I think almost all 04 STi has the rear shock problem. My friend spend hours finding problem and the dealer was reluctant to swap them. I think that is one of the reasons for the rear suspention to be revised on the 05 models. If you must get an Sti go for 05+ and if your going for the evo go with the new evo IX. Very fast and low turbo lag.

I like the evo better because it is a better drive and faster by a hair on most courses. The STi has a nicer interior but it is not a Bimmer or Benz so who cares:confused:

gtr said:
I think almost all 04 STi has the rear shock problem. My friend spend hours finding problem and the dealer was reluctant to swap them. I think that is one of the reasons for the rear suspention to be revised on the 05 models. If you must get an Sti go for 05+ and if your going for the evo go with the new evo IX. Very fast and low turbo lag.

I like the evo better because it is a better drive and faster by a hair on most courses. The STi has a nicer interior but it is not a Bimmer or Benz so who cares:confused:

Do you think the MR is worth the extra price? If I go used I will look for evo's just to see whats out there. I did like driving it, but didnt really like the gauges. I liked the seats better than the Sti. I guess the next step is offering the dealer and then either getting a new Sti or a used Sti/Evo

nsx2tall, ahhhh. That's pretty interesting. What about if I sent you a red paper clip and then in a few months you sent me a new Sti?

95NSXT said:
nsx2tall, ahhhh. That's pretty interesting. What about if I sent you a red paper clip and then in a few months you sent me a new Sti?

Funny you should mention it. I just picked up an STi today that I'd be happy to trade with you for a red paper clip. The dealer gave it to me for a song-- apparently there was some nasty business about a service tech getting into an accident with a clients car...

nsx2tall said:
Funny you should mention it. I just picked up an STi today that I'd be happy to trade with you for a red paper clip. The dealer gave it to me for a song-- apparently there was some nasty business about a service tech getting into an accident with a clients car...

hahah. Damn those service techs. I've began my hunt for my "new" car. I hate trying to find used cars. If i was buying a civic or something i'd run a carfax, look at the miles, year, and price. Seems like with nicer cars you have to worry about so much more. ugh

I'm having a strange, seemingly contradictory problem. I see cars that don't sell for 4-6 months from private parties that are reasonably priced and seem like decent cars. Then at the same time, I see dealer inventory turn over pretty quickly but way overpriced. Do dealers move product around just to give the appearance of sales? It wouldn't surprise me.

Back