• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealers combing their dusty databases to try to move 2018 cars

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously, I visit here after a few days to catch up, and there's one guy on here who spends a lot of time bashing the subject of this forum. And then endlessly arguing what defined a super car back in the '90s. And so on and so on. I'm all for honest criticism, but holy crap. WE GET IT. YOU DON'T LIKE THE NEW NSX. IT'S NOT THE OLD NSX. POINT MADE, MOVE ON.

Lol it's like the NSX banged her spouse or something.

Last edited:
i'd respond in kind, but it'll just be me who gets flagged for a "personal attack" and my posts deleted.

my replies have been talking about cars and facts, but carry on mate, your comedy will certainly make the NSX sell more than 5 cars each month. and i'm not a big baby, so talk whatever shit you want, everyone is a tough guy hiding behind their computer screen... :wink:

I don't think fastaussie does't like the new NSX. I think he's in the same boat as myself and the general public. The car is way over priced for what it is, an Acura.
At 100g's I would be in that car all day all night. At 200g's I'm looking at a car with an animal log. A German or Italian stallion, maybe even a German/Italian bull.

i do like the NSX (of which i've said dozens of times), but i'm not going to make excuses for it, or proclaim it's better than it is. nor am i comparing it to the old NSX (you have me mistaken with other posters), i'm comparing it to its current competition. today, right now, in this actual world where it sells, or doesn't sell.

sorry you guys get your feelings hurt and your panties bunched up when anything negative is said about the car. you can always check into your escape rooms and avoid any discussion of sales numbers and public perception, a.k.a. reality... :rolleyes:

I love to hear opposing views, but you've taken it to a whole other level. Out of your hundreds of posts on the 2nd Gen forum, you maybe compliment the car a handful of times. On all of the other ones, it's the same drivel over and over again. Every time I log in there are at least a dozen posts here by you that continually make the same jabs at the car. We get it, you enjoy coming in here and trash talking the car. You regard your opinion very highly, and I must say that many of here do not share your opinion of your opinion. Your incessant arguments here over the definition of '90s era supercars proves that point rather eloquently on both ends. You have to have the last word, your opinion is correct and unassailable......in your mind. It's gotten so bad that you're the subject of a running joke on another 2nd Gen forum. Seriously, get over yourself.

Perhaps I'll go look for a "block" or "hide" feature to make the browsing experience here more tolerable.

I don't think fastaussie does't like the new NSX. I think he's in the same boat as myself and the general public. The car is way over priced for what it is, an Acura.
At 100g's I would be in that car all day all night. At 200g's I'm looking at a car with an animal log. A German or Italian stallion, maybe even a German/Italian bull.

Have you read all of this posts here? For someone who you allege likes the car, he spends 95% of his energy here trash talking the car. Tough love, perhaps? Either way, his opinion is well established, like several times per day. I'm sure he's real fun at parties.

I love to hear opposing views, but you've taken it to a whole other level. Out of your hundreds of posts on the 2nd Gen forum, you maybe compliment the car a handful of times. On all of the other ones, it's the same drivel over and over again. Every time I log in there are at least a dozen posts here by you that continually make the same jabs at the car. We get it, you enjoy coming in here and trash talking the car. You regard your opinion very highly, and I must say that many of here do not share your opinion of your opinion. Your incessant arguments here over the definition of '90s era supercars proves that point rather eloquently on both ends. You have to have the last word, your opinion is correct and unassailable......in your mind. It's gotten so bad that you're the subject of a running joke on another 2nd Gen forum. Seriously, get over yourself.

Perhaps I'll go look for a "block" or "hide" feature to make the browsing experience here more tolerable.

Very well put....People like this "Mate" should just go post on Fchat and the other asscioated Forums.

Bram

Omg, no one is trashing the car. I'm trashing the Price.

the real price to buy a real new nsx is now 140 not 200k....

as you've noticed, there are individuals here who will instantly take great personal offense to anything you say regarding the new NSX in a less than ethereal light. anything other than obsessive infatuation and blind adulation heaped on this car will not be tolerated and instantly returned with personal attacks. doesn't both me, i'm not a fanboy baby. but that's how it goes here.

i think the price is fine. if the car matched up to it, they'd be selling 60 a month like Audi does...

not selling much there either it seems...

maybe you should start a thread specifically for people to "only" lavish praise and their undying affections on the NSX. you can block me and some of the others who don't line up with your unobjectionable opinions, and you can all live happily ever after like an Authoritarian dictator controlled forum? :biggrin:

.....but they are selling......and I think they could dilate the stenosis with a better lease program....

as you've noticed, there are individuals here who will instantly take great personal offense to anything you say regarding the new NSX in a less than ethereal light.

"instantly" is hearing your blather over 100 times in this thread alone. I've got plenty of criticisms of the car myself, I just got back from the dealership to make an appointment to get the damned door seals replaced. It just gets old hearing one very narcissistic individual continually beating a dead horse with his (your) opinion over and over again. Do you follow other car owners around trackside and criticize their cars too? You're doing the online equivalent of it here. Make your point and move on, but piling them on over and over again is headache-inducing. Do you have friends in real life?

anything other than obsessive infatuation and blind adulation heaped on this car will not be tolerated and instantly returned with personal attacks. doesn't both me, i'm not a fanboy baby. but that's how it goes here.

You don't have to like the car, it's just inserting your critiques into every other post that gets annoying.

maybe you should start a thread specifically for people to "only" lavish praise and their undying affections on the NSX. you can block me and some of the others who don't line up with your unobjectionable opinions, and you can all live happily ever after like an Authoritarian dictator controlled forum? :biggrin:

Keep putting up those strawmen, I really could care less about your opinion or when there's a critique. It's the manner in which you present it, over and Over and OVER. Maybe you should start a thread specifically for people to critique the car?

If this car had four rings or a prancing horse on the hood it would be a bargain at $250k. The interior quality is not going to compete with a rolls but it also isn't the same as your mom's CRV. I've never understood the quality of materials argument myself. The buttons all feel nice, the majority of the interior is leather and alcantara with bits of aluminum.

If they were able to take the 2019 RDX infotainment and put it in the NSX that would be fantastic. The software that car runs is phenomenal. I will say the camera in the NSX, and in all Acura's leaves much to be desired. I don't know who Acura is sourcing them from but they truly are horrible. Camera is grainy and washes out in sunny conditions.

Another thing I would like to see is more interior options. I've said this before but give people the option to have the aluminum trim pieces painted or have them in CF. Something to make the inside of each car more unique. Outside could use a few more wheel designs and colors as well as caliper colors.

It was dreamed of to be a build to order vehicle, let people truly customize them. Seems like they still all come out looking very similar no matter what. At this point I'm just dreaming but I've told everyone at Acura that will listen to me. Now I've been told to wait and see.

Sorry I was wrong, it's 246g's Canadian loaded. So 185g's USD. That's for a 2018. There is a 2017 Blue with carbon package, serial number 01234 at Acura of North Toronto, and they will let it go for 167g's Canadian plus tax. So 126k USD. So it's a deal for you boys in the States. For us Canadians it will sit there for a long time.

Enough with the constant redundant bullshit posts. This thread will stay open - for now - but if you don’t have anything new to add, don’t post because if you do it will be deleted.

That goes both for repetitive bitching and praising by the same persons.

Enough with the constant redundant bullshit posts. This thread will stay open - for now - but if you don’t have anything new to add, don’t post because if you do it will be deleted.

That goes both for repetitive bitching and praising by the same persons.

THANK YOU........ There are a handful of people who post here that think its OK to denigrate, malign, and disrespect others if you don't agree with their viewpoint, and I'm sick of it.... I've held my tongue, as I'm sure these same folks get off on getting a rise out of others. I'm all for substantive discussions, but offensive remarks cross the line. My remarks are not "excuses" and I do not have to "get over" anything....... If you don't like the NSX, hate Honda, fine, feel free to make a comment, or send your hate mail to Honda, but don't incessantly make 1000's of posts saying the same thing over and over, then maligning anyone who won't submit to your views is ridiculous and classless. At this point it's all water under the bridge, and no amount of bitching will change anything. The NSX project is what it is. In the words of Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire online, "the NSX is fucking spectacular....." And I agree...... and I shouldn't have to listen to some assholes denigrating remarks because that is my view of the car....... over and over and over and over and........... I took my "failure" out for a drive last night, and lots of thoughts and emotions passed through my mind, but the word failure was not one of them. The car is not perfect by any means, but pretty damn good as far as I am concerned. Not for everyone, but damn good. If you want something different and can afford it, buy it, if you don't like it, fine, don't buy it, and shut the fuck up and get over it".......

It's just a shame that this web forum doesn't have a self policing function, that web forum users/members could vote off those whose posts are intended to malign, inflame, and disrespect others.......

My last post on this topic as I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match with some idiot with an axe to grind.....

And BTW, you can add an offensive poster to an ignore list and their posts will be blocked on your page. If you feel that a poster has made offensive posts you can also report these to the moderator of the forum.

As it's been said many times, Honda bears the responsibility for the sales failures simply in pricing, marketing, time to market, etc. To succeed, Honda will have to reduce the price.... For better or for worse, I bought the NSX, and so far no regrets........ I couldn't care less how many they sold last month, or how many they will sell in the future.

Last edited:
I have the last word......

I’m a film critic......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back