• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Discontinued NSX parts - how to find out before ordering?

Hi all-

So I am in the process of sourcing a handful of OEM parts from Acura. One of the issues I have run into is that the item will show up as being in stock on the website, but when I place the order, I get a followup email stating the part is on backorder with no ETA or discontinued. Is there an easier method to determining if something is actually in stock somewhere? Is there a website I can go to that will tell me if these parts are still in stock somewhere? Thanks!

Thank you! I think that is what I was looking for. I type in the part number, and it shows it as permanently discontinued. Bummer.

Sometime they will have 'backordered' while the US sources say 'discontinued'. I have ordered many parts that I could not source with US sites.

Last edited:
Amayama typically will not sell any LHD-specific parts and they will be marked as "Permanently Discontinued". However, MITA will sell LHD stuff to the US and they are my source for that stuff.

One clue to backorder status on Amayama is to look at the delivery estimate. If it's a month or two out, that signals that the part is available, but likely on backorder and needs to be special ordered from the factory. Many times, I will back those items out of my cart and place them in a separate order, so all my stuff doesn't get held up for the few backordered items.

https://www.megazip.net/ is a few bucks more expensive then. Amayama coils are $86 while megazip are $96 think Megazip makes it up with cheaper shipping. Also Megazip you can pick a LHD version of your year car unlike Amayama. I have placed two orders through Megazip for total of $1400 just replacing interior parts new A pillars, the passenger side rear panel that covers ecu had a torn pocket, the leather panels at the entrance where the gas tank lever is,gaskets just like Amayama but allot better layout besides the fact you can actually order LHD parts. The first package was like $700 and the box was 29"x19"x10" fed ex was going to be like $80 dollars. Their staff are very helpful and told me they could ship it EMS. Cost $47 dollars and had it in 9 days. They are always running 10% off codes sometimes 15%

https://www.megazip.net/ is a few bucks more expensive then. Amayama coils are $86 while megazip are $96 think Megazip makes it up with cheaper shipping. Also Megazip you can pick a LHD version of your year car unlike Amayama. I have placed two orders through Megazip for total of $1400 just replacing interior parts new A pillars, the passenger side rear panel that covers ecu had a torn pocket, the leather panels at the entrance where the gas tank lever is,gaskets just like Amayama but allot better layout besides the fact you can actually order LHD parts. The first package was like $700 and the box was 29"x19"x10" fed ex was going to be like $80 dollars. Their staff are very helpful and told me they could ship it EMS. Cost $47 dollars and had it in 9 days. They are always running 10% off codes sometimes 15%
Is megazip’s stock status more accurate than Amayama?

Is megazip’s stock status more accurate than Amayama?
All of these vendors have to check with Honda Japan before they can confirm status. None of them "stock" anything on the shelf. Instead, "in stock" usually means that they believe the part can be ordered from Honda. I'm sure they have internal methods of determining this and for the most part, it's accurate. But, once they ping Honda, they will know for sure. NSX parts are probably the hardest, since the parts chain is being slowly powered down. In many cases, Honda may say the NSX part is available, but not stock anything. Then, Honda has to ping the part manufacturer, only to find out that they aren't making any more. Then, you get the "out of production" switcheroo. Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

you fill your cart and send a message to support and it will take like a day maybe two to get back to you. Ive ordered 1700 dollars worth of stuff and did not have two items of my first order but told me when it be in stock. for hondas bday they are giving 15% offfor 1 day and 11 hours. wish i knew of this place 13 years ago I would have saved thousands, from acura whare house. $237. next pic look at first line same product last two letters are different because one black one tan. Half the cost and I got a box the size of a shoe box from acura wharehouse worth of stuff and charge me $38 the big box $59 from japan 10 days. 20220923_184352.jpgimage (34).png image (33).png

Back