• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

do-it-yourself diffusor

Here's an idea for a diffusor I made for myself last winter. It also works like a kind of undertray, it has cutouts where one cat would be too close to it - it's fiberglass - and the engine rear support is, it can be moved up or down for more or less clearance at the back of the car and pivots at the front. There were no issues after months of use.
Next winter diffusor project will be one that goes from the left to the right fender under the exhausts. The photos may not be too clear, as you can see, I'm not a photographer.:wink:

Attachments

• Deflector 009.jpg
    Deflector 009.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 646
  • NSX 2008 004.jpg
    NSX 2008 004.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 684
Nice work !

Ever think of cutting rear bumper cover of the fake diffuser (black) w/ a hot wire and then replacing w/ a bonafide diffuser? You could sell them if you had. Good luck !

Good idea. It happens the second diffuser I am working on now will incorporate a third element shaped just like the original two you suggest cutting. This because I want to be able to go back to original any time.

Actually I consider his to be a "real" diffuser if it does the job. Excellent work BTW. That closely resembles the GT-One diffuser.

Any pics on how you made it

I only have pictures of the finished one.
But the new one is coming along nicely :smile:

Attachments

• diffuser.jpg
    diffuser.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 169
  • Deflector 008.jpg
    Deflector 008.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Here is a picture of the second diffusor. After winter as promised :biggrin:
It has a third centre element just as the two original ones on the nsx and goes all the way from left to right under the exhausts. The outer right and left fins are detachable and this one also can be altered in height from the ground, but that also changes the gap between the diffusor and the car.
It is easy removable for going back to original.
May be an idea for anyone who likes it ?

Attachments

• diffusor lang.jpg
    diffusor lang.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,142
Back