• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you prefer Popup or Fixed Headlights?

Do you prefer Popup or Fixed Headlights?

• Popup

Votes: 83 64.8%
  • Fixed

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters
Raise your wonderful popups--to where they're actually FUNCTIONAL as the fixed and try to convince anyone they look better. Also, painting the fixed to match body color goes a long way to smooth aesthetics. jmho

'98 formula red
'05 silverstone

I don't know... they look pretty good to me when up :)

-RoyW

One of the main reasons I picked up a 2002 was because of the fixed headlights. However, since then the pop-ups have grown on me and I would not mind having either.

Here we have a good example of a "real politician"!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like the hidden look of the popups but I don't like the air drag they create. Of course, the only time you would normally have them popped is at night with the lights on and you would be driving beyond the range of the headlights at 130 or so ----which isn't too smart. Crank you car up to 150 then pop your headlights---you will feel the drag.

Have you noticed it's always the popup guys that start these threads? No need to justify your popups guys :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ask any 02+ up guy, whether it be OEM or 02+ convert... I have not heard of one yet who's regretted it.

I do like the look of the popups. It's a classic look but prefer the fixed by far for a few reasons. Lighter, more aero dynamic, the optics of the beam pattern and beam quality is FAR superior, and I like the look better if matched up with the rest of the 02+ conversion components like the side skirts and rear valance. By themselves.. the lights look horrible on a pre-facelifted car.

I concur sir!:cool:

I debated forever because I do like both the pop ups as well as the fixed headlights. But in the end the fixed headlights look won me over. I've loved every second of it.

As I've said before, I've owned both. There have been no new cars with popups since the 2004 Corvette. Of all of the cars with popups the NSX has aged the best IMO and I love the classic look. (Interpret: The Old Girl still looks good.) I was not a fan of the fixed until I saw my 91 NSX and a 03 NSX next to an F430 and an F458 at Coffee and Rides. I thought the 03 fixed fit right in with the F-cars and my 91 looked a little dated in comparison. I can't pick one over the other. I like the popups for the classic era that they represent and the fixed for their modern GT racing look. And another advantage to owning an original fixed headlight NSX is that it is 1 of only about 860 built. I guess I'm a little more open minded than some. But my perspective comes from the privilege of having owned both.

Last edited:
Fixed headlights looks much better and more modern. Pop ups are old school, but the NSX has the best implementation of pop up lights on any car.

I like both, that is why I picked up a 93 and an 03. Lol

But I gotta say though, everyone prefer my pop up nsx when I asked which one they like better

Last edited:
I like both for starters. I find I like the pop ups probably a bit more. That said, I have seen some real nice hard light cars which I feel look much better lowered (of course both look better lowered a bit).

The one thing I don't like about the hard light bumper is the circular sensors you see. That I am not a fan of.

BTW: I rarely use my lights. I usually run with just the bright fog lights (day and night). It makes it a special occasion when I have to 'light up the darkness' and pop up the real headlights.

Last edited:
Surprise surprise …
Ares-Panther-Progetto-Uno-2021-1.png

Ares-Panther-Progetto-Uno-2021-2.png

Article: https://www.2luxury2.com/ares-desig...-form-at-2019-concorso-deleganza-villa-deste/

Pop-up headlights will NEVER die!

Lol neither will the Pantera ;)

Back