• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you prefer the old or new post layout

Which post format do you prefer?

• Old style - User info on left, posts on right

Votes: 74 89.2%
  • New style - User info on top, post below (currently in use)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No preference

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you prefer the old style post layout (two columns with user info on the left and posts on the right) or the new style (one column with user info above posts - what we're currently using)?

I don't really have a preference so I'll go with whatever the majority prefers.

Thanks!

Without a doubt the old layout
Before I used to check out the site religiously...now I rarely go on if any.
i am sure you have put a lot of time and effort and I thank u for all the work... however I still like old set up...it was simple and to the point...the new site may have more features but its hard on the eyes..it's too cluttered with too much of what I don't use or need or want..I miss the old prime.

zaid

Last edited:
Old

OLD ..... I miss the old layout because I know how to navigate it and its just easier and more enjoyable for me. Its like Windows 8 .... I only use it because I have to.

I do appreciate all the work that is done here as I hear it is no easy task so please forgive my rant

Those who are including your preference in a post reply, please also make sure you vote using the poll buttons at the top of this topic, so your vote will be counted. Thanks.

It's just not me.. I prefer the old. But I will eventually get used to it. I typically use Tapatalk for the majority of access and that has not changed.

Without a doubt the old layout
Before I used to check out the site religiously...now I rarely go on if any.
i am sure you have put a lot of time and effort and I thank u for all the work... however I still like old set up...it was simple and to the point...the new site may have more features but its hard on the eyes..it's too cluttered with too much of what I don't use or need or want..I miss the old prime.

zaid

X2!!!! Too hard to navigate and read through for me.

I like the new version but certainly miss some of the old features that made the user experience fairly easy to navigate. However, I'm not sure if it's because it actually was easier to navigate or because of a totality of familiarity. I do appreciate all of the social media features, marketplace escrow service, etc.

All that said, I think the poll may be inherently biased as those who are dissatisfied may be more likely to participate. I don't have an alternate idea though on how to gauge user preference.

Hi,

i already voted earlier, but here goes my 2cts:

Old layout please....it's about the only thing i see that needs to be changed.

Thanks,
Nuno

The vote has been 2:1 - 3:1 in favor of the old format since the poll started, so I'm going to switch it to the old format now.

If that drives a ton of people who liked the new format to seek out this thread and vote for the one-column layout I may reconsider, otherwise we'll stick with this.

Also, I figured out how to modify the CSS so the signature starts below the post instead of below the user info on the left. That means it won't have that big blank space between the post and signature for short posts using this layout. In essence it now works almost the same as the old layout.

+1. Much better Lud. Thanks for the updgrade and going back to the old style of posts.

+2

(i tried to type just "+2" and keep it simple but got an error message that my brevity was inconsistent with the philosphical requirements of the new format thereby requiring an increase in verbiage to bypass the inherent conflict between succinct "speech" and interweb mandates for excessive character usage in primal posts so i apologize for the additional irrelevant descriptives and now take my leave from this monologist rant and return you to your regular programming)

yea.....we're going back in time......:smile:

Back