• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Do you use your titanium Key?

Which Key do you most often use?

• Titanium Key

Votes: 69 74.2%
  • Plastic Spare Key

Votes: 24 25.8%

• Total voters
At first I did not use it because it was "titanium". Then I read the FAQ section about what the key is actually made out of (NSX Key) and figured what the heck am I saving it for it's just a key. :smile:

Funny you ask...

I just used mine last night, though I rarely use it. I use it on "special" occassions!

If you consider "using" as in using the titanium key as the centerpiece of my NSX shrine, then yes. :D

The titanium key is considerably heavier than the black NSX key; and we all know weight reduction is #1 priority. :p Now... if only somebody created a Carbon Fibre NSX Key mod... :rolleyes: :D

Just remember, those with a '97 or later NSX don't have a "titanium" ;) key, since the key must have the chip for the immobilizer system implemented that year.

The prev owner didnt, but I do. Why keep it stashed away?
If you want a new one, there $90.00 on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7927244121&category=40016&sspagename=WD1V

NSX
1991 to 1996 - Works in all locks; will start vehicle.
1997 to 2005 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
Integra
1990 to 1999 - Works in all locks; will start vehicle
2000 to 2001 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
RSX
2002 to 2005 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
TSX
2004 to 2005 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
CL
1997 to 1997 - Works in all locks; will start vehicle.
1998 to 2003 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
TL
1995 to 1998 - Works in all locks; will start vehicle.
1999 to 2005 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
RL
1996 to 2004 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.
MDX
2001 to 2005 - Works in all locks; will not start vehicle.

ryans said:
Just curious if you guys savor your titanium key or don't care. Personally I always use mine. It's probably not a good idea to keep it in my pocket though.

I've never even used the other keys I got with the car...

haha i use the mess out of my Titanium Key,
besides, it can come in handy if you ever need to stab anyone with it :biggrin:
you can always block bullets with it too :biggrin:

When I first got my car, the only key that came with it was the 'titanium' key. I got one of the black plastic keys made for me at the dealership for under $10 out the door, cut and everything (the one that says NSX in red) and I always use that instead. Not because I want to keep my 'titanium' key in mint shape (it's actually pretty beat up looking and the logo is faded, where my black key looks brand new) but because A) it's too damn long and I hate putting my keys into my pocket when it's on the keyring, and B) it has the 4-digit key-cutting code on it and I don't like that being visible.

Newman said:
B) it has the 4-digit key-cutting code on it and I don't like that being visible.

Very good point.. I am fairly good with the dremel(watch making), so I am considering taking it out.. That often bothers me.

I always use my Titanium key. Just another thing that differentiates NSX owners.

I always use mine unless it the car is going to the shop. Shop gets a plastic key.

I am really lucky in that my car came with 2 monel keys with remotes, 2 plastic keys and a valet key.

ryans said:
Just curious if you guys savor your titanium key or don't care. Personally I always use mine. It's probably not a good idea to keep it in my pocket though.

I have an uncut spare in my collector case, and I have ones that I use for each car. The key is too cool not to use. Hehe. :)

The cool thing is that the early bags that the keys were shipped in warned of the hard material the key is made out of breaking key cutting machines. The new bags do not have this warning.

It's too special not to use :biggrin: . Use it every time I drive my car.

Bought mine from Acura of Escondido thru eBay. Great service and they have the key in stock. Most dealers need to special order the key.

Back