• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does accord, odyssey, acura TL spare tire fit the NSX?

Long story short. Got a flat on 495, no spare tire. Drove 1hr to get the spare to find out it was punctured, patched it. Drove only 20 minutes before it the spare gave way. No freaken tire and got stuck on 495.

Anyways does anyone know if I could use a spare from a 5 lug accord, odyssey or acura tl. They all have the same lug pattern as the NSX 5x114.3

Thx.

Accord and TL also uses the 5x114.3 lug pattern but there are 2 things you have to keep in mind.

1. offset - the spokes may not be far enough to clear the brakes
if you have any spare spacers at home take them with you.

2. Hub size - if it is the front then it will not work because the nsx has a bigger hub than any Accord or TL.

I think Honda odyssey is using 5x120

Long story short, if you need it for the front then 95% NO, if you need it for the rear then 80% YES.

Last edited:
if you were closer i would lend you a spare 02+ stock rim/tire front or rear... sorry to hear.

but i am more surprised you left it on the side of the highway to get a spare. :eek: i dont think i could have ever left it and knew it would be "SAFE"

I think Honda odyssey is using 5x120
It's 5x114.3 on the '95-04 Odyssey, 5x120 on the '05-11. But your point is valid; chances are iffy for wheels from another vehicle working.

The other point is, if you (HUYTURBO) are asking whether you can use a spare from some other vehicle on your NSX, even if you can use it, it definitely won't fit under the hood of the NSX, and you'd have to carry it in the trunk. If you're going to do that, then you may as well get an NSX spare. Or you could get a full-size stock NSX front wheel and tire (since the rear has a smaller hub, I think you could mount a front wheel and tire on the rear in an emergency - but this is a guess and I recommend trying it first before you're actually in an emergency).

I had no choice but to leave it on the side of the road. It'll be hard to find a late model spare. I can't put the spare in the front of the car anyways because I have other gadgets using that space.

I want a minispare that I can fit in the trunk. I'm going to test a mini spare from a TL and Accord 5x114.3 and I'll let you guys know. These new cars TL and RL have bigger brakes so I think it should work..... the hub well trial and error.

I'm not sure about earlier models but the 2005+ RL uses 5x120 bolt pattern. Is it the front or rear wheel? What year is your car?

I want a minispare that I can fit in the trunk.
It may be just as cost-effective to get a full-size stock '91-93 NSX front wheel and tire. You'll have to try it to see if it fits in the rear, though (but you can do this when you get the car back - jack the car up by its center mounting point to remove both tires on a side).

If the car is still sitting by the side of the road, get it flatbedded home or to your dealer or mechanic - don't wait until you figure out what to do about a spare on an ongoing basis!

Reviving a old thread. Doing research and found this page. I added a front brace bar from lovefabb and could no longer fit my spare in the front so I ended up selling it a while back. I have a two cans of fix a flat in the trunk. Anyway short story is my brother had some issue with his tire and it practically exploded while driving. Good thing he had a spare because the can was not gonna help with a ripped apart tire. I want a small space saver I can fit in the back trunk in case of a emergency. I take long drives and seeing that tire destroyed got me worried if that would happen to me. I know that the TL type S has the same bolt pattern and does not have the folding tire that is hard to find. Would this work on the NSX. Worried about the front especially for the caliber. My car is a 1998 NA2 so older spare is out of the question.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2008-...ash=item4b2ecd5dba:g:wtAAAOSwywRaHFUb&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
You can fit the OEM collapsible spare in the trunk. AAA card in your wallet is helpful as well.

IMG_7586.jpgIMG_7587.jpg

I took the spare from my 2007 TL Type S and can assure you that it does not fit the NSX.

The TL's Enkei spare is designed to fit over its Brembo front calipers, so it should easily fit over the NSX's calipers. However, it does not fit over the NSX hub. As you can see from the photo, it is unable to sit flush.

For reference, photo was taken on the front hub.

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming and for the pictures. I was close to buying the TLS spare (maybe it can fit with a adapter?). I ended up buying the S2000 spare. Hopefully it fits no problem. Some said it fit perfectly others not........weird.

Thank you for confirming and for the pictures....I ended up buying the S2000 spare....

No problem :)

Good luck with the S2000 spare. It seems like the S2000 spare has already been confirmed in the other thread, so you should be good.
However, if you notice anything abnormal, could you please update us since the other thread is several years old. I may join you and get a S2000 spare as well.

S2000 spare arrived today. First thing I can confirm is it fits in the trunk. When the weather is nicer and warmer I will test fit to confirm it fits well.
Sadly it does not fit in the front storage area but that was expected being the original was a folding spare.

Last edited:
Ok guys finally tried to fit the spare today and well the bolt pattern is fine and the hub is fine but it does not clear the front caliber. I put two bolts and the wheel was froze to the caliber. So the s2000 spare is a no go for the front of a NA2 NSX. It should fit the front of a NA1 because of the smaller caliber. Also I did not try the rear but I am pretty sure that it would fit for the smaller brake but why carry a spare just for the rear. Looks like I am gonna be looking for a OEM NA2 yellow NSX spare.

Back