• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone wish their car had a black top?

Don't say that Paul :(

1491917249c5aabcb319ad48f20312b4e763c1da0f5e6089e3dc13dab6fda801dd7fa456.jpg

Ref the Black top, IMO it should be so on all Red, Yellow and of course White NSX. Darker colors and including the IOP work better in mono.

regards, Paul

IOP with the exception of your car Simon :wink:

I have a white nsx with a black roof and I can't wait until the day I paint it. Everybody loves that nsx-r white/black combo... maybe I'm the only one who dislikes it.. give me a colormatched roof anyday!

I wanted to paint the roof formula red from day #1 but my wife disagreed. Now that I won USCC, and most people recognize it with the black roof, I won't be thinking monotone anymore. Otherwise, I would paint it.

Regards,

Danny

To the op,next time you are at an nsx event or know someone with a black T just swap roofs,and see how you like it.

Sure do .... Oh wait, mine is black!

Sorry I ripped that from another post of an owner of an all-black car that I saw in the past! :rolleyes:

I've written this before and will do it again, I think the black top visually lowers the car. It is an illusion, but it sure looks good!

No offense intended to anyone but...

While I'm not a fan of the Type R spoiler or the black mirrors on this car, I do think the yellow body and black top look hot as hell.

I am definitely partial to black. Kudos to whoever's car this is that I shot on the way up Mt. Charleston.
F_IMG_2809.jpg

I only like the black top on White, Silver, and of course, Black NSX's. :biggrin:

I just bought a low mileage red 91 model with a black roof. I think it makes the car look really sleek. Today, I went on Tire Rack's website and viewed what my car would look like with some 18 inch RO_JA 6 spoke wheels with black center and chrome lips. The car looked really wicked!

Regards,

David

I have a black top too :smile:

Attachments

• Drivers' view.jpg
    Drivers' view.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 52
I agree, the black-top is an "integral styling feature of the NSX", which is all the reason that I am losing sleep - I can't decide between a white or black NSX-T.
While I appreciate the stealthy look of a black NSX, there is a warm, seductive, innate feeling that I conjure up of a white NSX-T with a black-top. Or am I crazy?

(click for bigger)

You're not crazy. It's not a -T, but it ought to look the same (rims, brakes, lip spoiler).

Maybe this has already been said, and if it's not and there is a good reason - why hasn't someoen come up with a CF top to replace the Aluminum top??? Save weight, stronger, looks cool natural and can be painted..

Yes it would cost money, but saving even 5 - 10 lbs off that high is valuable imho. Plus it's gives bragging rights, "I have a CF top."

Maybe this has already been said, and if it's not and there is a good reason - why hasn't someoen come up with a CF top to replace the Aluminum top??? Save weight, stronger, looks cool natural and can be painted..

Yes it would cost money, but saving even 5 - 10 lbs off that high is valuable imho. Plus it's gives bragging rights, "I have a CF top."

Good idea on the CF top.:smile:

Or a tinted Lexan top.

That might even get me to buy a -T. Maybe.

Good idea on the CF top.:smile:

Well, the only problem is, you would be saving too much weight, because the only part that can be replicated are the aluminum portion and the bottom piece. All the parts sandwiched in the middle still need to be OEM. And unless it is dry carbon, which is very expensive, there is a liablilty if the car flip over. It would be crash safe

As for the black top... I love it, and when I bought my car, I got that with my Berlina Black...:biggrin:

I found some temporary paint at the auto parts store that, according to the can, washes off with water. Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Because it seems to me that someone can mask off the top of the car, spray it black, and see exactly what it would look like after a real paint job.
I've considered painting my cab black, lugging OEM 91 rims onto the car, and having a retro weekend.
I'll let someone else try it first, though.

I found some temporary paint at the auto parts store that, according to the can, washes off with water. Has anyone ever tried this stuff?

:eek: That is just CRAZY talk! :eek: Never in a million years... Even if I knew for a FACT that it did just 'rinse off '... :rolleyes:

Back