• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does yellow look bad?

There are currently 3 yellow 2002+ NSX's that look great/good price for sale. I'm actually suprised these cars havent been sold quicker.
Is yellow an unpopular color? Does it look too flashy in person?

Great color with black interior and NOT yellow interior.

There are currently 3 yellow 2002+ NSX's that look great/good price for sale. I'm actually suprised these cars havent been sold quicker.
Is yellow an unpopular color? Does it look too flashy in person?

IMO, the car speaks for itself and there is no bad color.

Thanks...:frown: I happen to like my yellow interior...:redface:

Thanks:smile: but I happen to like my yellow interior also.
Speak for yourself:frown:

i love yellow. fyi there are two yellows on nsxs (and s2000's) 97-03 is spa yellow and 04-05 is rio yellow. the spa yellow has more green in it. Out of the two i think the Rio yellow is better, but i like both.

Only you can decide what color you like, i always am surprised by the number of people that ask what color is better, they are all equal and it is up to you to decide which one is best for you. as far as resale, the color statistics for 2008 came out today and the top three colors for 2008 cars aren't even colors they are white, black, silver and grey, the only color in the top 5 is blue.

There was a 22 step paint process on the nsx (the stock paint is equal to or better than any other car), and the metallics of the later year cars are amazing, rio and spa yellow, imola (orange), the blue cars and even silverstone have an amazing paint finish and reflective properties IMO.

best of luck

Need I say anything?

My NSX decked in Rio Yellow Pearl. Looks amazing in the shade and especially the sun. Which color to choose? To each their own. I prefer bright colors on sports cars.

Last edited:
I love the yellow exterior but not a fan of the yellow seats or carpet. Now if they are yellow with black leather... oh man thats hot.

I like contrast. Then again, replace the yellow carpet with black and it would look pretty great.

Last edited:
I'm actually SHOCKED that Bangbang's Yellow NSX hasn't sold. That's one if not the best deal on a +02 NSX around plus the yellow interior is the bomb!

I even like the yellow on yellow more than I like the Imola Orange on Orange leather - no offense Imola bros...just that the Imola leathers I've seen look light orange and the yellow in this Yellow leather is quite bright.

BangBang if I was in the market for another I'd have bought it instantly.:smile:

Love my yellow.. second choice would be white....

And the fastest color for an NSX is PINK!!! but i can't seem to find one out there :biggrin:

Yellow attracts the attention and the flem but is also the best IMO. It looks gorgeous on the NSX.

Check the Wiki for the most up to date information on which paint is the lightest and fastest ;-).

Both spa and rio are perfect shades as well...

Yellow was my “second” choice as an FYI and frankly it could have been my “first” choice just as easily! Originally I was supposed to buy my s2000 in white and the exotic car in yellow. Well turned out better this way as my GT3 was also white and I love my NSX in white with the red accents. It’s really a unique combo 

Color is always a personal preference however I do have to note that certain luxury brands should not be in Yellow. For example exotics such as the Lambo, NSX or Ferrari can easily pull of yellow, but a Lexus IS or say Audi RS4 is too much yellow (even for a lover like me of the color).

My brother had a yellow IS300 and friends always joked the taxi arrived….haha

Yellow interiors is a love hate thing but few can argue that when it comes time for resale a yellow interior is harder to sell just like a white with a camel interior. Onyx interiors are best for 90% of the people out there.

rick

It doesn't matter what we think. Do you like it? If so then buy it. Make sure you love it before you buy it though. Avoid any buyer's remorse at all costs!

Some colours do sell slower than others though, and if there's a discount built into the price when you buy it, you may have to put one in it when you sell it.

I think yellow looks like a race car colour.

yellow interiors is a love hate thing but few can argue that when it comes time for resale a yellow interior is harder to sell just like a white with a camel interior. Onyx interiors are best for 90% of the people out there.
Rick

very true!

Back