• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Don't Hate!!!

I didn't say that Honda never produced innovations, I asked what Honda has today that represents technology beyond the competition (available as a commerical product). You're living in the past, man! As for things like surround sound, that was a Bose product with Honda OEM'ed, along with Infiniti, Cadillac and others. I have it in my RL - it is great, but it isn't unique to Honda.

You poo-poo things that Honda doesn't have like a good auto transmission or electronic suspension but then tout stuff like Bluetooth. You're too funny - and incorrect, as it was Mercedes who first brought BT to the car market. And, BTW, it isn't that Honda is one gear behind, they are 3 gears behind Lexus, 2 gears behind BMW, Audi and Infiniti, and 1 gear behind just about everyone else. Again, as the owner of the RL, which is probably Honda's most advanced current product (yes, no?), it definitely needs more gears. Given the torque curve, 1st gear is too tall and acceleration from a dead stop is slow (even my wife complains) and fuel economy is poor - it can definitely benefit from a 2nd overdrive gear.

I can't figure out why so many Honda fans seems to feel the need to bash other makes/models. You bash the ZR1 saying "The only thing they spent money on was the carbon fiber clear coat." Uhhh - how about the carbon fiber itself? Money was clearly spent on that. How about the carbon/ceramic composite brakes from Brembo? Money was clearly spent on that. The retail price for that braking system is about $40k. The Brembo's on my NSX were nearly $10k - I can easily see how the system on the ZR1 is $40k. How about the dry sump oil system? As a guy who's had two NSX engines die from oil starvation on the track, I can appreciate the benefit of that.

If you love Honda and Honda products - great. Enjoy. I just don't see the need to bash others when Honda products clearly have their own faults and shortcomings.

JMO.

Agree with every single thing you said 100%. I am not sure why some people on the site feel the need to trash everything that isn't made by Honda.

Last edited:
I really had hoped all the nonsense of taking a little piece of information and stretching it to extremes beyond relevance so it can be wrapped around what ever notion you wanted to put forth would end on Tuesday with the elections.

Is this the way folks are going to talk from now on?:biggrin:

Vance when I saw the title of your thread and read your first post I knew this was what would happen. Obviously, so did you.:cool:

If folks here want to like something and you don't agree it's not the personal duty of some to"re-educate" them.

I ask again. Is this car, the one in the first post, scheduled to be in any upcoming auto shows? Paris, Tokyo. Geneva?

Last edited:
I didn't say that Honda never produced innovations, I asked what Honda has today that represents technology beyond the competition (available as a commerical product). You're living in the past, man! As for things like surround sound, that was a Bose product with Honda OEM'ed, along with Infiniti, Cadillac and others. I have it in my RL - it is great, but it isn't unique to Honda.

You poo-poo things that Honda doesn't have like a good auto transmission or electronic suspension but then tout stuff like Bluetooth. You're too funny - and incorrect, as it was Mercedes who first brought BT to the car market. And, BTW, it isn't that Honda is one gear behind, they are 3 gears behind Lexus, 2 gears behind BMW, Audi and Infiniti, and 1 gear behind just about everyone else. Again, as the owner of the RL, which is probably Honda's most advanced current product (yes, no?), it definitely needs more gears. Given the torque curve, 1st gear is too tall and acceleration from a dead stop is slow (even my wife complains) and fuel economy is poor - it can definitely benefit from a 2nd overdrive gear.

How am I living in the past ? I'm sorry I realized that I made one misatke in my post. BMW came wout with bluetooth 1st. Oh and the surround in the car was devoloped by Panasonic.....not BOSE. Once again we are talking about a car that is coming out soon that will surpass everything. Did you forget about the original post by Vance ?

Oh and on the Chevy POS the clear coat for the carbon is 60k a gallon. Still doesn't justify the price on a car with no breathrough technology. I'm out.

Well, at least we agree on something. :)

I can't comment on all the things you said about the C6 because there is just too many and all based on your opinion and not fact.

As for your comments about calling my car crap. I have had it over two years. Haven't had a single problem with it. Not one. If you spend any time on vette forums (which none of you do.. and why would you) you will find that is pretty common. Yes there will always be bad cars out there, but for the most part the C6 has been very reliable. I am pretty happy with the choice. I don't care what you think about it honestly. I have already had 2 NSXs.

I agree with you on the roof issue. That is unacceptable.

As for not understanding why anyone would pay over $100K for a Chevy, there are several owners of other exotic marks who would never understand why anyone would pay nearly $100K for a Honda. We'll see if they will pay $150K for a new one.

I didin't call "your" car crap. Why dont you check this out:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2172068

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2172068

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2170513

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2164180

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1909086

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2163218

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2096099 http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2127989 http://forums.corvetteforum.com/s...ms.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2164019

Last edited:
I didin't call "your" car crap. Why don't you check this out:

url]

I agree, there are problems with every car. Keep in mind they make more vettes in a year than the total production of NSX's. There is no question the NSX is a much higher build quality than any corvette will ever be.

I don't understand how a thread on this "next-gen" NSX has become yet another vette bashing thread on here.

Bottom line. If the next NSX is $150K it will NOT sell any better than the original car did. 95% of you on this site (including me) cannot afford that car and if we did have $150K to drop on a car, it wouldn't be this NSX.

Last edited:
I don't understand how a thread on this "next-gen" NSX has become yet another vette bashing thread on here.

Hmmpf! How about that? And again, you're in the middle of it!:biggrin:
ManScratchingHead.gif

We has several electical gremlins on our TL. It was in the shop more than a few times. And he is dead on about the loaner. It was a PAIN every time we had to bring the car in.

Lexus on the other hand takes very good care of you.

I dont know what TL you had/have but im on my second and never had an issue with either except my 05 had a blown wiper motor which was replaced by the dealer without and problems. Everytime i take my car in for service even if it's for a measly oil change i get another Acura to drive. Must be the dealers you guys have in your area but the NYC acura dealers go above and beyond.

lol this thread is toooo funny. Every time the topic of Honda vs ----- comes up it always ends up with the honda guys getting very defensive and few start bashing on every other car manufacturer. Just my perspective but the my family has owned quite a few Honda/Acura's over the years that have proven to be some of the most reliable and unreliable vehicles ever.

90 acura legend - Great Car until 220k miles then engine crapped out
93 acura legend - Great car until 250k miles then engine crapped out
01 Honda Odyssey - great car. only had it for maybe a year?
03 Honda Civic HX w/auto tranny - tranny blew at 50k miles sold it with 120k miles (used it for one of our business)
99 Accord coupe didn't have a singal problem. sold it with 150k miles.
03 Honda Accord v6 coupe: Tranny gave out every 15-20k miles. Had ton's of creaks and rattles. Radio/climate display had to be replaced.
01 Accord V6 coupe (total POS) blew a tranny every 20-30k miles
02 MDX - Developed a lot of rattles but reliable.
01 CL type s (total pos) Blew a tranny every 10-15k miles

My 99 and 03 NSX: Great cars. I probably had the most fun and best motoring memories driving the NSX(my first Dream Car) . Just my honest opinion, but the interior started to feel cheap after riding around in newer BMW's, Porsches, and Benz's. Had rattles and driver's side window leaked on my 99. clutch went out for both cars by 27k miles.

My brother's 04' M3
Daily Driven 101000 miles all original parts except brakes. Not a single problem. nada. Just devoloped some slight rattles (might be the loose change in his cup holder:rolleyes:) still original clutch. This car has been beaten, thrashed, you name it.

My 04 M3. Sold w/ 48k miles. thought I had rattles (drove me nuts) turned out to be the seat belt rattling because it was touching my aluminum panel trim.

My 03 330 CI daily. Beaten, rear ended 105,000 miles. tranny is starting become slightly rough when cold. Burns engine oil - needs to be topped off every 8k miles or so. has some creaks.

Lexus: My parents own a LS460. Honda doesn't even come remotely close to matching Lexus's build quality. no where near wether it be service or quality.

04 LX470 Great build quality. handled like a freaking cruise liner. (sold)

Porsche: 04 Cayanne Turbo. Can honda make anything close to it with regards to performance and build quality? 28k miles. not even one problem except changing tires every 10k miles:eek:

Brother's 01 Turbo: ummm hasn't had a problem besides having a few rattles. probably from his 700hp:biggrin:
My 01 Turbo: Nope. No problems what so ever.

Basically, everyone in my family agrees on this: we will never buy another Honda product. (well almost everyone - I thinking of buying another NSX:tongue:)

Sorry for the super long post:redface: Flame suit on:biggrin:

Sorry one more post: Hopefully Honda will stop being so stupid and wake up. They had such a great thing going in the 90's but come on. Lately how can anyone consider buying a acura? If Honda is really going to release a NEW NSX or replacement, they seriously need to re-vamp their car line up. Especially with their interior quality. I stopped by my local Acura dealer to check out the MDX and wasn't impressed. I checked the RL, wasn't impressed at all. Car felt way to cheap for a $50k car, everything from the steering wheel control's to the side panel and even the dash and all of that freaking plastic!

The TL type S. WTF??? You pay that much for a slightly faster TL that still get's it's ass handed to it by all of it's competitors? Honda sure is moving down the right direction........:rolleyes:

The NEW TL. Uhhhh ugly as SIN.

New TSX..... should of kept the old design and stuck a 3.0 v6 in it.

Honda STILL doesn't have a prodcution model with anything larger than a V6. Come on!! Even Hyundai has a V8!!!

If the new NSX replacement is released with the same level of quality the current Acura line up has, I find it hard to believe anyone will shell out $150k for it. - End Rant

Last edited:
Dude how did you blow so many trannies?? Were these all sticks?

Dude how did you blow so many trannies?? Were these all sticks?

Im pretty sure they were all autos. The 98-02 auto v6 trannies sucked big time hence why they were re-called.

To each his own i guess. I wouldnt by a toyota/lexus product except for the mark IV supra, I wouldnt buy a BMW unless its an M model, wouldnt buy Merc/amg cuz they dont come in stick, would probably do an audi S or RS. But to buy the base version of any of those cars just to say..."hey i drive a ***" doesnt make much sense to me. Love my acuras!

Im pretty sure they were all autos. The 98-02 auto v6 trannies sucked big time hence why they were re-called.

To each his own i guess. I wouldnt by a toyota/lexus product except for the mark IV supra, I wouldnt buy a BMW unless its an M model, wouldnt buy Merc/amg cuz they dont come in stick, would probably do an audi S or RS. But to buy the base version of any of those cars just to say..."hey i drive a ***" doesnt make much sense to me. Love my acuras!

Yeah but he also said the clutch went out on his 99 and 03 NSX. I track my NSX and all my S2K's and I would have to say tracking is harder on clutches than street driving. But if he's blowing trannys and clutches that often and on so many vehicles I'm curious as to how. I've never blown a single tranny in the past 20 years of driving on any vehicle that I've had.

I fully admit that I drink the Honda kool aid and don't really care for anything else out there. Lexus cars or most Toyotas for that matter are cushy non driver cars basically Japanese Buicks but a lot of people like that so who am I to diss.

I had an 05 E46 M3 that I bought new and loved it but their trannys suck even though I really liked the SMG that mine had. Other M3 drivers said the regular 6 speed was better but it would also clunk and thud when driven.

My wife has a new 08 7 spd auto AMG SLK and that transmission is about as much fun as a skin graft. Nice powerful torquey engine but it only has two modes crawl or floor it. Within the first year of ownership I had to take it in for leaking head gaskets WTH??? Car had only 5k on it and sat for 3-4 months for winter. MB dealer experience was a mix of frustration and amusement. Frustration that they wouldn't give me a loaner because the car wasn't purchased at "said" dealership. The amusement was watching/listening to all the people who came into the dealership be told about problems you would expect from cars that were like 5-10 years old but these were 3-5 and then hearing the prices quoted for repairs and seeing the looks on their faces:eek:

German cars are great if you buy new have another car for back up and get rid of it when the warranty ends. Funny thing is my buddies used to laugh at me because the Acura TL had a nicer interior than my M3:mad:

Last edited:
Historically speaking, all Honda automatic trannys are pertty weak. However, the drivers should take some of the blames. When they tell you the Intergra has a 7k redline, that does not mean you should do that every day.

Let's put it this way, as long as it doesn't suck like the GTR's tranny, life will be good.

We has several electical gremlins on our TL. It was in the shop more than a few times. And he is dead on about the loaner. It was a PAIN every time we had to bring the car in.

Same here. My 02 TL-S was in the shop for a few annoying reasons. I sold it after 15k miles once i felt the tranny shifting rough. BTW, i didnt beat on that car since 80% of the time i was sitting in traffic. Yet the tranny still wanted to crap out on me. Acura also never issued a recall, they just extended the warranty to 100k on the transmissions. Didnt even redesign it, they just put the same design back in. On the Acura forums there are owners who are on their 3rd or 4th transmissions!

Then theres my old man with his 02 RL. Over 100k miles and he beats the living crap out of it. Yet it still drives as if it was new. His Japan made RL had a much better fit and finish than my American made TL also. By far.

I am now on my 4th BMW product and havent had any issues. Now im not saying BMW is more reliable than Honda, that is not the case at all. Wanted to mention it since people have this vision that BMWs are unreliable. Check out JD Powers, their charts always have BMW listed near Honda.

Meh this debate can go on and on with no one changing their viewpoints. Just stick with what experiences work for you. :biggrin:

P.S- Im excited for this new Acura "supercar".

Last edited:
This is what I see going on here lol... it seems to happen oh so often

NSXLANTERN.jpg

Oh and I too am excited for the debut of the next Acura Supercar :D

Last edited:
Let's put it this way, as long as it doesn't suck like the GTR's tranny, life will be good.

I think it's pretty isolated and more user caused than engineering failure. It's pretty much just word of mouth forums spreading the incident. If the tranny was really that pathetic, then many reputable sources would have cited the issue. There is still no verdict on the GTR's flawed tranny/launch control.

I think it's pretty isolated and more user caused than engineering failure. It's pretty much just word of mouth forums spreading the incident. If the tranny was really that pathetic, then many reputable sources would have cited the issue. There is still no verdict on the GTR's flawed tranny/launch control.
It will take years. I remember NSX Snap ring issue wasn't an issue until they started to fail years later. I do think GTR issues will be acknowledge by Nissan sooner than later. My friend from Nissan Corp just spend a week in Japan at the meeting and he told me that Nissan does not like the public to see their Trannys fail during the BMI races.

The news is, Nissan is going to do some thing about the tranny on the SpeV since they're going to charge 150 grand for that car in Japan.:wink:

Last edited:
My NSX clutches went out on both cars by 27-30k miles. I did drive my cars very aggresively though. I just loved Redlining it whenever I had the chance, always downshifting when getting off exits (don't worry, rev'ed matched all the time), launching........ blah blah blah. I don't know why but it was just with the NSX's. My (bought brand new) M3 had 50k miles of pure abuse when I sold it and the clutch was still going strong. I just think that possibly the previous owners of my NSX's didn't know how to drive stick very well? My 99 NSX had 10k Miles when I purchased it and my 03 had 5k miles when I picked it up.

As for the other cars with the tranny issues, they were just daily beaters for stop and go traffic. It was extremely annoying having daily beaters that were less reliable than my weekend cars:mad: But hey, I got to drive my NSX's and other cars a lot thanks to Honda~!:biggrin:

Last edited:
My NSX clutches went out on both cars by 27-30k miles. I did drive my cars very aggresively though. I just loved Redlining it whenever I had the chance, always downshifting when getting off exits (don't worry, rev'ed matched all the time), launching........ blah blah blah. I don't know why but it was just with the NSX's. My (bought brand new) M3 had 50k miles of pure abuse when I sold it and the clutch was still going strong. I just think that possibly the previous owners of my NSX's didn't know how to drive stick very well? My 99 NSX had 10k Miles when I purchased it and my 03 had 5k miles when I picked it up.

As for the other cars with the tranny issues, they were just daily beaters for stop and go traffic. It was extremely annoying having daily beaters that were less reliable than my weekend cars:mad: But hey, I got to drive my NSX's and other cars a lot thanks to Honda~!:biggrin:

Do you just dump the clutch as rev matching and down shifting don't cause premature wear? Also do your BMW and Porsche clutches last longer:confused:

Do you just dump the clutch as rev matching and down shifting don't cause premature wear? Also do your BMW and Porsche clutches last longer:confused:

No, I don't dump the clunch when downshifting. The clutches on the M3's seem to last much longer than the clutches on the NSX's. On the turbos, it seems normal for a stock clutch to go out by 30-40k miles. My turbo clutch wasn't slipping at 35k miles, but the grab point have moved to the very top which was a indicator that the clutch was ready to give. So i just went ahead and had it replaced.

No, I don't dump the clunch when downshifting. The clutches on the M3's seem to last much longer than the clutches on the NSX's. On the turbos, it seems normal for a stock clutch to go out by 30-40k miles. My turbo clutch wasn't slipping at 35k miles, but the grab point have moved to the very top which was a indicator that the clutch was ready to give. So i just went ahead and had it replaced.

Well I'll never argue someone personal experience but I've never been in an m3 that didn't clunk in regular driving ( even when I wasn't driving :biggrin: ) did you encounter that as well?

Yeah, the M3's do tend to have a "clunk" sound when you shift from 1st to 2nd gear:biggrin: but then again, my NSX's had a rattle/clunk when I shifted from 1st to 2nd as well:confused:

Back