• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce DF-R side scoop shoot

My thoughts....

1) Your car looks good in the picture below but up close there are too many "issues" with gaps, sagging parts and ill-fitting parts.

2) The Black CF add-on looks good again from far away but up close I think it clashes too much and looks like an eye-sore. Definitely would look better with black leather instead of tan.

3) The wheels and stance look aggresive and mean - totally feeling that part.

Outright.jpg

If you paintmatch the inside of the scoops and only leave the outer edge trim in CF, it would look MUCH better and blend with the car as if it was "OEM".

Edit, like this:

Scoop-Match.jpg

Last edited:
If you paintmatch the inside of the scoops and only leave the outer edge trim in CF, it would look MUCH better and blend with the car as if it was "OEM".

Edit, like this:

Scoop-Match.jpg

I really appreciate this constructive feedback. Thanks for going to the effort to 'chop this- I'll have them shot when I have the new CF hood sprayed like Dhalsim's.

My thought on the hood tho' is to start the paint on the outside of the vent section where the rise for the vent starts instead of on the inside like most including Dhalsim. Any (constructive) comments on this paint scheme?

My thoughts....

1) Your car looks good in the picture below but up close there are too many "issues" with gaps, sagging parts and ill-fitting parts.

2) The Black CF add-on looks good again from far away but up close I think it clashes too much and looks like an eye-sore. Definitely would look better with black leather instead of tan.

Quite stealthy, I didn't notice you in the driveway "up close" to the car. I sent it to the local aluminum recycler this AM as a service to mankind. Not coincidentally, by 10:20 AM EST real estate values have responded, showing a tangible increase on my street.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I really appreciate this constructive feedback. Thanks for going to the effort to 'chop this- I'll have them shot when I have the new CF hood sprayed like Dhalsim's.

My thought on the hood tho' is to start the paint on the outside of the vent section where the rise for the vent starts instead of on the inside like most including Dhalsim. Any (constructive) comments on this paint scheme?

There is a guy in LA with a yellow NSX with that paint scheme on the CF hood. For some reason I just cannot remember his online name but he is a very cool guy and his NSX is a yellow copy of mine.....or mine is a red copy of his..... :biggrin:

EDIT: I think his name is Yellowhaze.

Was there any significant weight savings with this? I love this scoop but man its a bit pricey...

Was there any significant weight savings with this? I love this scoop but man its a bit pricey...

At install I didn't weigh the OEM scoops but I would have felt comfortable stating in the range of 6 lbs both sides combined. Anyone who has taken off a set of OEM scoops will attest that they are actually rather weighty affairs.

But a primer asked... I paused "Vanishing Point", went out into my 20 degree garage and pushed the sleeping beauty forward enough to get a scoop out of the cabinet where they are stored. A quick trip up to the Weight Watchers scale indicated that they weigh 2.4 lbs each.

Despite the ease of disassembly I did not remove a CF-R one to weigh. I will note that when installing them I noted their weight- or lack of it. I also noted that they were translucent, so I will estimate the weight savings at a little over 4lbs overall.

I know they're pricey, but when you look at CF OEM-design scoops you're already at what, $500.00? So it's a relatively little bump up to the R scoops- but the larger visual impact is worth the extra bit if you're already on board with changing the scoops to CF.

No one is telling Ferrari to paint the side scoop. :tongue:

28363328.jpg

That's a fantastic shot. Alright, maybe not so much comparison with the 599XX and not so much as on the R8 at the other end of the spectrum. I've not seen one negative comment on its CF side cladding either, but I still like the idea of spraying some Formula Red on the inside.

There is a guy in LA with a yellow NSX with that paint scheme on the CF hood. For some reason I just cannot remember his online name but he is a very cool guy and his NSX is a yellow copy of mine.....or mine is a red copy of his..... :biggrin:

EDIT: I think his name is Yellowhaze.

Dhalsim: Thanks, I found a thread with some pics of his:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123366

Yep, pretty much like his but in Red. Thanks for the hook-up, that gives me a better idea of what the other paint scheme looks like!

Any one know of another manufacturer that sells these for less than $750??? Any replicas, etc?? Seems a bit steep for the part.:rolleyes:

i wonder what these will look like on my berlina black car...? hmmm i may have to purchase a set and see! thanks for the nice pics! i like the look and have now added to the long list of things i need to get for my X

I can't say I'm a fan. :frown: Maybe if it was color matched Red like the rest of the car, it might look good?

I personally dont care for the CF look, but as far as its goal of weight savings yes! FRP would just be fine, though at that price, not saying it looks "expensive", it probably is high quality. I'd have to at least see and get my hands on one.

Really nice upgrade +1 for me

Back