• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dragon Sneak Peek II

:frown: RATS. Feel like I messed in someone's lunch bucket...

April 20-23 (following Easter weekend) no good for me.
And on my time off, even contemplating driving with a Corvette Club at 6 AM
(yea, I know, it's the Dragon. But..) makes me want to roll over for at least three hours til they get way far ahead.
I'll get the Dragon this year, for sure! :smile:

Rathemacher said:
I'll be heading up there the original weeked: April 14th, 15th, & 16th. A few of my close friends are with the Corvette Forum group heading up that weekend. All NSX's are always invited/welcome! Maybe I can make both, you never know :eek:

Link to CorvetteForum
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1316589&forum_id=42

You know on 2nd thought I'm thinking that weekend will be real hard to get away from considering it's Easter Weekend. :frown:

I thinking you guys can expect me on the 21st, 22nd, & 23rd. Don't be surprised if we have a few Vette's, 350z's, etc. tagging along! :eek:

I'm interested, though I'd be coming from the other direction. :)

Unfortunately my girlfriend can't take off the Friday before, so I'm thinking something along the lines of...arrive Saturday afternoon, spend Sunday driving the gap and crusing surrounding roads, then make a final dragon run Monday morning once all of the tourists have cleared out, before heading home.

Awesome, I used to be a S2k owner and I was already attending their event that weekend.... So, I am there 4/21-4/22 for that... there will be around 100 S2ks there that same weekend... Keep me posted on where you guys are meeting up... If any of you are interested in when and where they will be check out the following thread... http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=359334

I just realized that this is the same weekend of s2ki's annual Dragonball Run. :eek:

This should make things a little more interesting. I am, however, not terribly worried about the crowd factor as there are other roads in the itinerary just as challenging as the Dragon.

Mirroredshades said:
So Haste, what other car groups are you trying to get?

Actually trying to keep the number a little smaller this year but so far we have five NSX?, four Evolution, three Elise, one Exige, and one STi.

Oh yeah and a ton of S2000 doing their Wake the Dragon bash. Should be fun. :biggrin:

Dewain27 said:
You guys should plan a stop by the S2k event. I will be hanging out with them that weekend, I was a S owner for 4.5 years and was very involved with events. They are all great people and love to see other clubs out at the dragon. Hope to see you all soon.

Definitely. We might actually be caravanning with the FL S2k folks.

Yeah, I just got myself an S2k, and my NSX is still in the shop. Hopefully she will be done by then, if not, I'll be bringing the S2k and may even go up with the S2k group.

Haste said:
Actually trying to keep the number a little smaller this year but so far we have five NSX?, four Evolution, three Elise, one Exige, and one STi.

Oh yeah and a ton of S2000 doing their Wake the Dragon bash. Should be fun. :biggrin:
Tagging along with me will be:

Definite's - 2 C5 Corvettes

Maybe's - Another C5 Vette, 350Z Track, & a 3 Series BMW or Race prepped CRX - depending on what he decides to bring!

LOL!! My wife is heading down there for the s2ki 'Wake The Dragon' run with our '02 S2000!! It is a really fun group, as we have run with them for several years and it makes for great fun. Getting the NSX's together with S2000's and some 'others' will make for a GREAT time and VTEC everywhere!

Why does it seem to me that every event this year is taking place in April?? Does anyone have any plans to space some of these events into the rest of the year?

I'll have to see if I can schedule that in. I was thinking seriously about taking a week-long drive in the mountains in the next month or so, and this might just be the thing that makes me decide on which weekend to do just that. Mark me as tentative.

Hugh said:
I'm a tentative as well. It depends on the weather. April can still mean snow in the higher elevations.
I'm still planning on being there and with a few NON-VTEC tag alongs as well! :eek:

Back