• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dragon Sneak Peek

A fellow Canuck. Great!

Here's the updated list of NSX Prime folks coming out:

• TitaniumVtec
  • BladesNSX
  • Mirroredshades
  • todddejag
  • Meeyatch1

Points To Live By On The Trip​

• This is NOT a race nor is it a CANNONBALL RUN.
  • When driving through towns drive below the speed limit.
  • Relax and enjoy the scenery.

I’m betting we’ve all heard horror stories of some driver(s) showboating or driving beyond their ability up in the mountains and paying for it with a ticket or a ride home on a flatbed or worse. Let’s not do that. We’ve come together to appreciate some fine scenery, to drive some winding roads and to talk shop with other enthusiasts. So let’s keep it safe, folks.

Dropping my NSX off to the dealership tomorrow to get her ready for the trip.

Meeyatch1, glad you can make it.

Just to verify, the Orlando caravan will be driving straight from TN back to Orlando on Sun.???

This ought to give me a chance to layover in Orlando before the drive down to My Yammi. :cool:

i may be there too depending on work..... :mad:

If you guys have never been there before, watch out for the gravity cavity. I go up alot with my bike and car.

WW front lip with eibach springs 17-18 wheel combo.no problems at speed (35-45) depending on who's in front. Full tein w/ my carbon lip (Dali takeoff) same speed..it will scrape. Other than that it's a great road. BLEED YOUR BRAKES!!!!!! Wish I could go with.

Charles

lol work is over rated :wink:

Here's the latest list of NSX Prime folks coming out:

• TitaniumVtec
  • BladesNSX
  • Mirroredshades
  • todddejag
  • Meeyatch1
  • cwood1388 - work permitting

My cell is 321-246-4014 if anyone's got questions or needs to reach me.

Al

Haste said:
Here's the latest list of NSX Prime folks coming out:

• TitaniumVtec
  • BladesNSX
  • Mirroredshades
  • todddejag
  • Meeyatch1

My cell is 321-246-4014 if anyone's got questions or needs to reach me.

Al
I'm In!I will meet up with the group Saturday. I ran the dragon twice last year believe me your group is going to have a large time. :biggrin:

And the list of NSX Prime folks coming out get's larger:

• TitaniumVtec
  • BladesNSX
  • Mirroredshades
  • todddejag
  • Meeyatch1
  • AKUDOU

For those meeting up on Saturday, driver's meeting is at 0900 and we're departing from the host hotel at 0915.

Any other time I'd agree with you but with the number of people arriving Saturday morning itself from surrounding areas, I'm pushing our departure time to a little later in the morning to include everyone.

Al

if i do go I may wind up taking my bike

Still planning on being there....I may order new brakes to be installed before I go. Hope to see you all at The Dragon!! :)

That's cool. You're not alone as there are a couple of people leaving Thursday evening and one possibly on Friday as well.

Al

AKUDOU said:
HATE TO RAIN ON THE PARADE BUT THE WEATHER IS GOING TO BE CRAPY, BUT I'LL PROBABLY GO ANYWAY.

The weather in the area surrounding the dragon is completely unpredictable. They tell us shit ever day that just doesn't happen. It does rain here a lot that's for sure, but you won't really know if it going to rain until you get out there.

TitaniumVtec said:
The weather in the area surrounding the dragon is completely unpredictable. They tell us shit ever day that just doesn't happen. It does rain here a lot that's for sure, but you won't really know if it going to rain until you get out there.
HOW TRUE THATS WHY I SAID I WILL PROBABLY BE THERE ANYWAY. JUST NEED TO BRING MORE SPIRITS TO KEEP WARM.

Deborah fom Knoxville here...weather here has been mixed, but spring seems to be on it's way. Drove that way again this last weekend & it was beautiful, in the low 70's.
I checked the long range forecast...at this point it looks like Saturday may experience a little rain. (High in the low 50's) Sunday is supposed to be sunny & bright...in the 60's. But, then again, it is still too early to tell. The valley is often different than the mountains & cold fronts either pass quickly or hang on. Will keep you posted. Am really looking forward to the drive!!!

:smile:

Haste said:
What day are you joining us?

I am trying to figure that out. Most likely I will be driving down on Friday depending on how things go. Where will you guys and gals be holed up on Friday??

AKUDOU said:
HOW TRUE THATS WHY I SAID I WILL PROBABLY BE THERE ANYWAY. JUST NEED TO BRING MORE SPIRITS TO KEEP WARM.

Brother...it is 30 degrees here. ANYTHING is warm compared to this. :D

Meeyatch1 said:
I am trying to figure that out. Most likely I will be driving down on Friday depending on how things go. Where will you guys and gals be holed up on Friday??

We'll all be staying at the Robbinsville Microtel for both Fri and Sat. Rooms are quite reasonable at about 50 a night.

Hotel LINK

Contact info for those coming from other points:

My cell: 321-246-4014 (should work till about 2pm Friday) No cell service in the mtns! :)

GMRS Channel: 6

Robbinsville Microtel: (828) 479-6772 Ask for me, Curtis, or Nick, Friday PM or Saturday AM.

Back