• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Dream Cruise + NSX sighting

We went over on Woodward tonight and the first car we spot is a perfect looking 92 red NSX! Man that was wierd. :eek: We talked to the owner a bit on the road and he looks on the board and was a really cool guy. He said he would be up there tomorrow night also and we may go again and see up there.

We also saw 5 F-cars. 2-360 Modena, 1-F430 Spyder :eek: (man that car is awesome, but I like the 360 better) and 2-328 classics. Countless Vipers and Vettes but the muscle cars had us rice and pasta rockets surrounded. :biggrin: But it was a lot of fun. I think it will be busy all week as Saturday, the day of the cruise it is going to rain so everyone is making the best out of it now.

Hope to see some other NSX's down there as we again are the minority. Hell we are outnumberd by Ferraris. But that is nothing new. :wink:

I made a pass down Woodward on Monday night with a couple of co-workers here from Germany. They were amazed at the number of people just sitting by the road and by the vast age difference of the those spectators. We saw just about anything you could think of, some you might not, along with a TT996 and a red early 90's NSX sitting at Vinsetta's Grill in Royal Oak. Too bad the weather is going to turn bad later today and appears to remain rainy through the weekend. Why should we expect any different than last weekend, we are in Michigan after all.

Well we went down to Woodward again tonight and it was not as good. No F-cars but I have never seen so many Vetes, Vipers, and Prowlers in my entire life. Talk about a dime a dozen. :eek: I did see a nice Bently GT Coupe with some sweet 22" rims. There was a CGT parked at the Porsche dealer. We saw the same red NSX on the other side of the road tried to follow but he disappeared. :frown:

But the highlight of the night was pulling up next to this one. Man this car sounds amazing! :eek: But the guy who was driving it sounded like he was going to burn out his clutch @ any moment. But none the less a sweet car and the color really looked good on it. :biggrin:

9069PICT0152-med.JPG

:eek:
I stayed the Sam He-- away from the N 'burbs this weekend...
1.7 million spectators (estimated per Detroit media outlets), plus
cruisers. US 23 was flowing like stink... speed limit according to
traffic, and all the speed cops were in RO and B'ham etc etc.
Scrubbed up the 300ZX today. What magnificent weather!
Maybe Baker's Sunday Sept. 4th (Labor Day weekend) ?
We should get the SE Michigan NSX'ers together very soon.
I also like that maroon Lambo color.

I was there on Saturday, Traffic was a killer though. I stayed in the Royal Oak area. I just parked & walked the cruise. I seemed to be able to walk faster than the traffic anyway. Awesome event, I didn't see another NSX the whole day.

Wayne

My lovely bride and I were in the northbound right lane from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM, starting at 12 Mile Road and eventually inching up to Square Lake. We talked with many bystanders, most of whom were appreciative of the NSX. Only one neanderthal yelled out "Pussy" as we passed. We received contless requests to do burnouts ("Light 'em up) which we resisted - the rear tires wear out fast enough as it is!!

fastcat99 said:
My lovely bride and I were in the northbound right lane from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM, starting at 12 Mile Road and eventually inching up to Square Lake. We talked with many bystanders, most of whom were appreciative of the NSX. Only one neanderthal yelled out "Pussy" as we passed. We received contless requests to do burnouts ("Light 'em up) which we resisted - the rear tires wear out fast enough as it is!!

I swear I saw you and your NSX on Square lake and Middlebelt on Saturday Aug. 6th around 5:30 PM. I was in my G35 heading west on SQ Lake and this NSX was turning in front of us going back East on SQ Lake. Was thta you by chance?

This NSX looked just like yours.........

We were going to go down but decided not to. We had more fun on the few nights before it when there was still lots of cars and exotics and still lots of room to actually drive. :biggrin:

Back