• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive to Castaic Lake on July 28th

Can't make this one. Car is already schedule for Main Street America car show. (seems like we had this exact same scenario last year)

Can't make this one...new paint on the hood and rockers will still be curing before I StarShield them. No canyon rocks for me yet! Have a great (and safe) drive. :smile:

On second thought, if allowed by our fearless leader, I can drive my other 2-seat MR, the MR2. If so, count Patty & I in!

On second thought, if allowed by our fearless leader, I can drive my other 2-seat MR, the MR2. If so, count Patty & I in!

Backups to the NSX have always been welcome.:wink:

I'm not going to lie, everytime I hear MR2 I get sad. I highly regrett selling mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Adrian - you can ride in spirit in my naviguesser seat.

As long as pics are posted, I will feel like im there with ya'll.

Last edited:
Just got back from a pre-drive of the route with JC and all I'll say is OMG!:biggrin:

See first post for an update.

Les, We actually call Patty "Speedy Bitch" (and we do love her :)
Although she is a bit crazy too, LOL

For our next drive we will be going to Castaic Lake, taking The Long Way:biggrin: It will be on Sunday July 28th and we'll have lunch after the drive. We will be meeting in the Lake View Terrace area with location and time to follow soon.
16. Crazy Bitch (Patty)

Les, We actually call Patty "Speedy Bitch" (and we do love her :)
Although she is a bit crazy too, LOL

Fixed:redface:

Thanks Les...Looking forward to seeing you !

- - - Updated - - -

Adrian - you can ride in spirit in my naviguesser seat.

+1

Will be thinking about you Adrian...see you when you get back !

Just got home. This drive is not to be missed if you can help it. The first sign we saw was a DOT yellow sign with a squiggle up the middle and read "Next 18 Miles". And that was just the first canyon road! As Les stated in his update in the very first post, please gas up and use the facilities before coming to Foothill Meeting spot, there are no places to stop until we reach Castaic Lake.

We will also be stopping for brunch after the drive. Marie Callender's in Valencia is giving us the bar. It's an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet (I can just picture Hugo's eyes bugging out right now) and it includes coffee, OJ or Champagne. The price is $16.49 per adult and children under 12 only pay $8.49. Please edit your posts to let us know who plans on joining us for breakfast so that I can give the restaurant a head count on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

This is Gregory who ran into Les and JC this morning at the foothill gas station. Tujunga canyon is 58mi from where I live but it was definitely worth the drive. Not to be missed is correct and IMO it's one of the best high speed canyon drive in so cal. I met a guy this morning with a nsx will be coming along on our next Castaic run. He is not on prime however he is looking forward to meeting so cal nsx'ers. Can't wait for the drive and thanks in advance to Les and JC for setting up a great gathering.

Gregory, thanks for stopping by. Good to see you again. If your buddy plans to come along and is not on Prime, could you supply us with his name, if he is bringing anyone with him and if he is joining us for breakfast? Thanks.

Back