• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition Aftercooler Dyno

Hi Guys,
We finally did a back to back test of the Aftercooler kit on a 3.0 liter using the standard Comptech Autorotor kit. The car was baselined with a 3.0 liter (about 55,00 miles) with the Autorotor SC, 440cc inj. AEM FIC, 3.8" pulley. Result are; the aftercooler added about 12 HP @ 2 psi less boost. When we ran the the boost a little higher with 3.6" and aftercooler we got a good increase. I hope the dyno sheets make sense? Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• all3TQ_HP.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 148
  • all3boostlevel.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 123
  • before&aftercoolersameboostTQ_HP.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 163
Excellent results as usual Shad. The aftercooler makes so much more sense and you finally did it. Big Congrats!

Regards,

Danny

Shad,
would the result be similar with the standard whipple low boost to high boost w/aftercooler? From you chart above looks like a difference of 40rwhp.
What is the smallest pulley can use on the standard whipple blower?

Danny

Shad,
would the result be similar with the standard whipple low boost to high boost w/aftercooler? From you chart above looks like a difference of 40rwhp.
What is the smallest pulley can use on the standard whipple blower?

Danny

Hi Danny,
I would hope/expect to see similar results, but I have not tested it yet. The smallest pulley that Comptech made for the Whipple was about 3.6" (may be a 3.4"). Cheers, Shad

Yes, a 3.6 on whipple! Eddy is getting 10.5 psi with his on stock 91 3.0 at 2200 feet.
Trev

Back