• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition's latest 3.5L SC project (535 rwhp)

Here is a dyno sheet from one our most recent customer car projects.
91 NSX, 3.5 liter Comptech stroker, 2.1 liter Lysholm SC (very similar to the new SOS blower), Driving Ambition Aftercooler, and CT Eng. manifolds. At 11 psi we are right at the SC max rpm and the customer wants 15 psi. So we are going to a larger SC, the 2.6 liter Kennie Bell. I will try to post some sheets in the next couple weeks when we get it back on the dyno. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• TQ_HP_tak.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 341
  • Boost_tak.pdf
    102.2 KB · Views: 155
that sound really good. right now i had a SOS supercharger on my na2, and thinking about taking it out and go for lovefab turbo. but don't like the lag of the turbo. so if i stroker the engine to 3.5 with the SOS supercharger i will make 535rwhp. i think this will be a better way to go. can you give me information about the troker kit.
thanks

Excellent numbers. Based on them, I assume this is race gas (100+ octane?) On regular 91, you'd be looking around 10-15% lower - just so that we have our comparisons accurate.

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the slow response on the specs. Here is the engine and SC spec sheet. Cheers, Shad

Takahashi Motor build Specs:

536.3 rwhp @ 8300 rpm/384.8 rwtq @ 5700
Chevron 91 octane fuel

Short Block:
3.5 liter Comptech short block, closed decked block, LA sleeves, Mahle custom Forged pistons (93mm bore), Billet crank (with race proven oil drilling), Carrillo Rods, 86mm stroke, Timesert head bolt threads, ARP head & main cap bolts, Comptech High Volume Oil pump

Cylinder Heads:
Comptech ported heads, cams, retainers and Adjustable Cam Gears, Eibach Valve springs, Cometic custom head gaskets,

Misc:
AEM EMS, map sensor & fuel pressure regulator, RC 750cc injectors, NGK Spark Plugs IFR7G 11KS, Comptech Headers, Intake kit, Cat-Drop pipes, and muffler. OS Giken STR twin disc clutch. Driving Ambition 67.5 mm throttle body. Bosch in-tank Race fuel pump

Supercharger:
Lysholm 2.1 liter twin screw, CT engineering Manifolds, Driving Ambition Aftercooler, cooler radiator and Bosch Water pump. Driving Ambition custom crank and blower drive pulleys.

Attachments

• Takahashi Motor build Specs.pdf
    70.2 KB · Views: 203
I assume that the hp is rwhp as you say, but why does the graph say "fly wheel power"?

I would love to see a vid and hear the audio of a Kenne Bell on an NSX at WOT. :biggrin::eek::cool:

Two Questions:

1. What would be the 0-60mph of this vehicle now?

2. What would be the top speed?

Depend on a.) wheight & b.)drag.

With a < 2800 lb car, good tires and a good driver, I suspect it will be in the range of 3.3-> 3.7.

Top speed should be in excess of 200 MPH with a modest spoiler (not sure if a big-ass wing would still hit it though)

Keep in mind the p/w is near that of a McLaren F1

Has anyone confirmed whether the chart's fly wheel horsepower is actually rear wheel horsepower?

I believe the 0-60mph would be in the mid-3's

Would the top speed really be over 200mph? Wouldn't gearing be an issue?

Also what is the cost of this conversion and how does it compare to other high horsepower set-up's like LoveFab?

Back