• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eight years of ownership and NOW she gets hit

In my case the damage is contained to the vicinity of the driver's side rear quarter panel, wheel, bumper and valence. I do not even think the rim is scratched...it just appears smeared with rubber.

Though I have thought about using an accident as an excuse to modify, I haven't ever had any interest in going wide body. The one thing I might consider is getting the 2002+ bumper and lower valence...but I'd be just as happy getting my car back the way it was before getting dinged.

Last edited:
what about exaust?

As far as I can tell, the whole system didn't get touched...the tip is not even scratched and the bumper and valence is not making contact with it.

268668263_iqn2V-800x800.jpg

268668076_WWAEf-800x800.jpg

San Pedro Auto Body is certainly close by. I will definitely give them a call since they've gotten good mention from Prime, but I'll need to check with my insurance to see if they will have any issues with me going there.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, the whole system didn't get touched...the tip is not even scratched and the bumper and valence is not making contact with it.

268668263_iqn2V-800x800.jpg

looks great that shot shows how light of hit it was.

ins. co. has no choice of were you go to have repair done you can go were you want to go.

Sorry to hear about the damage.

Just wanted to second the fact that you have the right have the car repaired at the shop of your choice. Don't settle for second best, especially when it was 100% the other guys fault.

Greetings

I would ask the local Acura dealer. You may not be getting it fixed where they tell you, but they will recommend someone who will do a first class job -- their reputation is riding on it.

Martin

I just saw this thread. So sorry to hear what happened, Eric. Thankfully it was slow speed, and you weren't injured.

It sounds like you're doing okay, so I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for your car. :)

Further to J010, there should be a BMW centre that repairs the Z8s in California. I don't know where it is but there are only 3 or so of them in the USA.

Take it to Bell's Auto Center in costa mesa, ca. They work on lambos, ferraris, and quite a few NSX's. I have yet to see someone match paint as well as they do. Talk to Havier- great guy. G'luck with the fix.

OUCH! Painful reaction to pictures. Sorry to hear that.

Question: How did you get the "A" center cap for your wheel?

Question: How did you get the "A" center cap for your wheel?

Those are stock rims for the 94-97/8? style NSX's I believe... Not sure if I got the years right though.

Eric,
appears the damage are all bolt on panels and bumper. It should be rather quickly for you to be back on the road.

Hope you are okay.

Danny

Eric - Sorry to hear of your accident. That just sucks, I can just imagine how you feel. Even though it's repairable it's OK if you let out a good cry - I would!!!. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Those are stock rims for the 94-97/8? style NSX's I believe... Not sure if I got the years right though.

Yes and so are mine, but my '96 wheels have the letterings "ACURA" instead of
just a clean "A" emblemed center cap. Were there different options?

San Pedro Auto Body is certainly close by. I will definitely give them a call since they've gotten good mention from Prime, but I'll need to check with my insurance to see if they will have any issues with me going there.

Do not give your insurance company the option. It is YOUR car, not theirs. You have the right to get it fixed wherever you choose. That is why you pay them. Please do not roll over and just let them tell you where to go, because you will regret it later. All insurance companies have 'network shops' that they refer to by default for one reason or another. You want to find a shop that does the best repair, NOT one that does the cheapest repair for the insurance company.

By the way....I am still at a loss on how this guy did not see your bright red NSX-T in traffic. It appears from the location of the impact that you were at least 3/4 of the way ahead of him in the lane anyway, so he should have been able to see you quite easily.

I'm sorry to see this on an 'innocent' car. From this point of view it seems that there is 'only' panel damage and no structual chassis damage. Replacing the panels is not hard to do BUT color matching the paint is very, very, very, again very hard on Formula Red. I guess there are about a handful of shops all over the world (including Togishi) who are capable of doing this (no one in Europe).

By the way....I am still at a loss on how this guy did not see your bright red NSX-T in traffic. It appears from the location of the impact that you were at least 3/4 of the way ahead of him in the lane anyway, so he should have been able to see you quite easily.

happens too often time as nsx is so low to the ground. The black top doesn't help it either. Climb on a higher clerance vehicle's driver seat and try look over pass. side fender.

akira3d, I'm sorry that happened to you, at least you don't have to pay for the damage. Hope the insurance company won't give you any hard time.

wait a second...... this is got to be the dirtiest exhaust I've seen, by CA standard....:wink:
268668076_WWAEf-800x800.jpg

just want to make you laugh...:tongue:

Back