• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

engine removal Q's

is it possible to get the engine out without a lift using jack stands? im asking because i dont have extended access to a shop with a lift and the only way is either try and pull it down at home or use a friends lift at work and put the rear end back in just to trailer it back home which seems a bit of a pain.

TIA for any help.

There are a few threads showing this... I belive one is even called Engine removal made by GSRboy or somthing along them lines it's acually the first thread that showed up when i used search "engine removal" post # 90

Last edited:
is it possible to get the engine out without a lift using jack stands? im asking because i dont have extended access to a shop with a lift and the only way is either try and pull it down at home or use a friends lift at work and put the rear end back in just to trailer it back home which seems a bit of a pain.

TIA for any help.

Look three posts below this one in the "DIY Engine Rebuild" - there's a bunch of pictures showing how to do it!

Dave

Back