• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Epic F430 Scuderia on Advan1's!

Had the pleasure of recently Photographing this beauty for ADV1

Here are some of my fav photos of the day!

Here is the entire set: Moyano Photography - © The Red Scuderia!

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

28.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

37.jpg

Oscar

Great pics. I know my mind is too deep in engineering mode when the first thing I notice is the caliper placement optimizes the weight distribution toward the center of the car.

Great pics. I know my mind is too deep in engineering mode when the first thing I notice is the caliper placement optimizes the weight distribution toward the center of the car.
Good point. Never thought of that, though it's unsprung weight so I'm not so sure. In my experience caliper placement is determined also by steering linkage placement also. I wonder if you're onto to something.

How is that car pronounced? Is it EFF-Fore-Thir-Tee? Eff-For-Hun-Dred-Thir-Tee? Eff-For-Three-Zero? Eff-For-Three-Oh? Eff-For-Thir-Dee? FFF-For-Thir-Dee? F-Fore-Thir-Tee (like a studder)?

:smile:

Good point. Never thought of that, though it's unsprung weight so I'm not so sure. In my experience caliper placement is determined also by steering linkage placement also. I wonder if you're onto to something.

It is indeed unsprung, but mass centralization still carries significant benefits. Ferrari even went a step further and kept the calipers as low as possible (or I am giving their engineers too much credit). Honda specifically has gone to extreme lengths to centralize weight on their 1000rr/600rr machines since 2007; very interesting stuff. I don't know enough to determine if the related components' design dictates caliper placement or vice versa on the 430; probably a little of both.

Entry level F, L and P cars are soooo meh.

Their lines aren't exotic enough to separate from a vette or high end jap car.

Gallardo.... a Lambo with no Lambo doors..... meh

LOL, I'll gladly daily drive a Gallardo and keep my NSX in the garage for those special days!

Back