• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Est Fest 2008 Photos

Thanks everyone from Canada for organizing this event, it was very well done!!

I could not attend the events for Sunday, but we had a great time in the "garden of the great spirit". Someday, I hope to be able to pronounce Gananoque.:eek:

We have some pictures, but why bother when we have pros doing the photos!

Bob

Here a few more photos of our great weekend in Canada...

Scenic views from my room
298314166_vqNSX-XL.jpg

298320366_E2GrJ-XL.jpg

NSX's glowing in the dark
298355766_vzMhP-XL.jpg

298358590_y4ZKc-XL.jpg

298358954_L8bT9-XL.jpg

Less risky night time activities
298356909_4dKmz-XL.jpg

A couple of our favorite places to visit
298314993_BKGys-XL-1.jpg

298349469_jWnHM-XL.jpg

Without the car wash our car bumpers would look like this
298420137_xRnwk-XL-1.jpg

During our scenic drive we stopped in Lyndhurst for a snack. This is a view of about 80% of the entire town
298331225_YttYa-XL.jpg

298331957_SZ8Bo-XL.jpg

298341474_Luz9U-XL.jpg

Our judges at the concours
298361722_XgFmB-XL.jpg

298364495_mnw6z-XL.jpg

298363771_NePcJ-XL.jpg

We had an earlier view of break dancing - Now some pole dancing techniques:smile:
298366134_xL5gX-XL.jpg

298366525_jK5v7-XL.jpg

Our leader coming on deck
298381680_WDAUo-XL.jpg

Some scenic views
298318562_bYLsZ-XL.jpg

298325121_WYupo-XL.jpg

298352094_Rr5Y9-XL-1.jpg

298354291_Pm6KR-XL.jpg

298355219_9Tzzt-XL.jpg

298350820_y5mGL-XL.jpg

298329910_nTZbs-XL-1.jpg

298347849_3zCQk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Our leader coming on deck
298381680_WDAUo-XL.jpg

Larry is standing there thinking "SHOULD I SLAM THE HATCH NOW":eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for sharing your vision of Canada, it looks like you all had a blast. Next time tell Bling to wear some pants I was getting cold just looking at him :biggrin:

greats pics, I wish I could have made it. I would have been guzzling Sleeman's honey brown all nite long.

Looking forward to NSXPO 2009 in toronto !

If Bailey was there, I'm sure Bob or myself would have had at least one photo of him.

Maybe Bailey has been banned from entering the great state of Canada. Oops, I keep forgetting Canada isn't the 51st state:eek:

We don't forget kicking your butts in the war of 1812 - clearly you forget!:wink:

Yes, Bailey is on the "do not fly/drive" list - he pissed off the Canada Customs guys when they discovered he had NOTHING to do with Irish Cream:tongue:

My ancestors were in Italy and Sicily at that time - if CNN existed they would have been watching the news about the collapse of Napoleon's Empire, without much interest in what was going on in North America:smile:

I always found it fascinating that the US and Napoleon were in fact allies during that conflict. It did get you guys a lovely statue for New York harbour though.

Maybe Bailey has been banned from entering the great state of Canada. :

or maybe he just didnt feel like going to a country that can take your personal property without question like my Valentine1 that is probably for sale on the black market.

Frank sorry about your detecter but somewhere in the est fest thread there was a warning specificly about how verboten radar detecters are.:redface: You coming to Kids' day?

no I am not saying that. but they dont take things that are legal to purchase. and radar detectors don't hurt anybody.

They ain't legal in Canada :)

FWIW, I agree they shouldn't be illegal. But each country makes laws in order to protect its citizens, e.g. the handgun law in Canada, and the online gambling law in the US. Each country is different in what they see as being dangerous I guess. I'm not sure how making radar detectors illegal protects anyone, though.

They ain't legal in Canada :)

FWIW, I agree they shouldn't be illegal. But each country makes laws in order to protect its citizens, e.g. the handgun law in Canada, and the online gambling law in the US. Each country is different in what they see as being dangerous I guess. I'm not sure how making radar detectors illegal protects anyone, though.

They aren't illegal in every Province in Canada. So they are legal in Canada just not in Ontario.

We put a warning in the registrant's package I believe, and it was in the thread. If losing it meant you weren't caught going 150kph (90mph) consider yourself lucky that you didn't lose your car! :redface:

If I recall, radar detectors are not legal in all states and will be confiscated in states where they are illegal - same story.

Come up here for the Pot, skip the radar detectors, pot is practically legal - the cops won't bug you if you just have a bit

I can live without a radar detector ;)

Its an Aston Martin paint on Bash's car.

At every border crossing entering Ontario, there are BIG signs saying that Radar Detectors are Illegal and we did have a big warning about that, as well as other things, in the Est Fest package. You didnt lose it at Est Fest, did you?

There is only one radar detector that you can use in Ontario (without a high risk of getting caught) - the Beltronics STi. Its the only one that the SPECTRE units that are used up here cannot sniff out. It does not emit the signals that all other detectors, including V1s, do.

Didnt Henry get nailed at 149kph on the way home? Anyone know about that? Same trap that they had on the way up there, on the western side of Napanee? Im guessing so as that trap was working on Sunday when I went home (both directions). Also, did they reduce the speed or was he REALLY caught 1kph shy of getting impounded???

Back