• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

eXcellon's 1991.02 NSX major update! Lots of pics

First I want to thank all the vendors and individuals that have helped me build my NSX to this date... I believe we are all blessed to have great support for a vehicle that is very limited on the road. It truly makes the NSX special in every way.

Angus (Wil) - Varrs Toen Rims. I know, they are replicas and I'll probably get a lot of heat for them, but the pictures speak for themselves (and if they don't come see them in person at NSXPO). They fit and look great. The plus is the ability to have Wil paint them in any color you wish. Sorry for the delay in pictures, I know a lot of people were waiting to see these on a NSX so here they are! - Wil: I'll be getting your exhaust system soon!

Kane (Ravi) - VRH Suspension - Stealth Setup Front Only. Simply THE BEST modification done to the car. I can't say how much I enjoy driving the car now without worries of scrapping the front end. The workmanship that went into the cans and system is top notch. Ravi has always responded to my calls/e-mails/PM promptly and has been very patience with me and my mechanic. If there is any mod I must recommend to ANYONE (not just with an NSX) is the VRH suspension.

NSXClear (Ethan) - Light Smoked Side Markers and used set of Wings West Side Skirts with aluminum brace. Same results as the rest... you can't believe how a little side markers makes a huge difference in appearance. Get rid of the ugly amber/yellow lens and cleans up the car. Simple to install and quality is beyond OEM standards. Ethan also sold me his set of Wings West Side Skirts (painted formula red and had the aluminum brace mod done). I have to personally thank you for taking the time and dropping it off to my brother-in-law's shop in LA. Don't know if you did the paint and mod yourself, but it came out perfect!

kkt (Kevin) - Autovation Pedal Set (Used). Pleasure doing business with you. Love the pedals - especially since my clutch and brake pedals didn't have any rubber on them... helps with the grips! Mahalo!

evof575gtc (Erick) - DF Front Bumper, DF Front Lip, Seibon NSX-R Hood, DF Rear Valence, Mode4 CF Diffuser, NSX-R CF Spoiler, OEM 02+ headlamps, HID Kit, Lug Nuts, NRG Steering Wheel Kit, Momo Steering Wheel. All this wasn't done in one shot, it was done over a period of a year and a half. I know Erick gets some grief on Prime for his business, but he's always been great to me. I've meet him personally and seems to be a cool and down to earth guy. I also have to personally thank you for dropping off parts to my brother-law's shop on such short notice.

Quick List: MP Motorsports - Tein Flex, Onlinetires.com - Bridgestone RE760 tires, Dis & Dat Auto (got to give myself a shout right?) - all installation by Marcos and myself

Next on the list: alignment, repaint the car, upgrade ABS, seats, BOOST!

Hope to see everyone at NSXPO Vegas!

Pictures!

IMG_9689.JPG

IMG_9737.JPG

IMG_9740.JPG

IMG_9710.JPG

IMG_9760.JPG

Detail Shots:

NSXClear (Ethan) - Light Smoked Version
IMG_9703.JPG

Front Calipers:
IMG_9757.JPG

Rear Calipers:
IMG_9688.JPG

Front Rim: Bridgestone RE760 215/35/R18
IMG_9752.JPG

Rear Rim: Bridgestone RE760 275/30/R19
IMG_9749.JPG

Rear Valance/Diffuser:
IMG_9743.JPG

Dis & Dat Auto logo:
IMG_9765.JPG

Kane's (Ravi) VRH Suspension:
IMG_20100920_085026.jpg

IMG_9762.JPG

IMG_9763.JPG

Here's a gift the previous owner left me. There was a huge budge under the passenger feet so I finally got a chance to remove the seat and carpet and surprise!

IMG_20100924_100146.jpg

Whoever did his installation was a real... :rolleyes:

Seems like they just wired up everything and tossed all the excess wires on top of everything. Here's the best part, they didn't solder or use any crimps to connect wires. Just twisted and tied wires together and used electrical tapes to shield them.

After I took a WHOLE DAY to rewire and clean up everything:

IMG_20100924_154631.jpg

what size / offset are those wheels? i think they look great ! nice combo :)

VRH Suspension. How much $ did this set you back? Love the stance and wheels...

Also how many inchs did you lower the front and rear of your nsx?
Thanks

Last edited:
this is the first nsx with varrstoen i can seen

it's so nice !!!! i love it

i have a na1 red and i have ordered varrstoen in white 18x8 et35 and 19x9.5 et 35

i am verry interrested by your setup !! i read you have 18x8 and 19x10.5
but please can you let me know if you have fixed offset 35 or other ?

thanks !

Last edited:
VRH Suspension. How much $ did this set you back? Love the stance and wheels...

Also how many inchs did you lower the front and rear of your nsx?
Thanks

I got it when Kane (Ravi) had his last special. Yes, it is a bit pricey but I still believe its the best money spent. I can drive anywhere without worries of speed bumps and hills and ramps.

I wish I could tell you how much I lowered it, but we pretty much just kept adjusting the suspension till we liked the stance.

Last edited:
i'm all against replicas... but wow =X hard choice especially because the offsets/size r a bit better and no wait.

Thanks for all the kind compliments!

Only rubbing is when hitting a mid size bump... it'll slightly rub the fender liner. No rubbing during full clock turns! I think its the perfect setup and offset.

Yes, the car is pretty low for +35 - I'd recommend custom machining to +40

Hot damn that's nice. OK, back on the VT bandwagon!

Thanks for all the kind compliments!

Only rubbing is when hitting a mid size bump... it'll slightly rub the fender liner. No rubbing during full clock turns! I think its the perfect setup and offset.

hmmm... you could try lowering the car a bit more and see if a tad more neg camber will help with that rub. Perhaps.....

As far as your car goes, I think the car looks awesome. I'm a huge supporter of legit wheels so a bit disappointed you went with the fake TE's.

The fronts are 18x8 +35
The rears are 19x10.5 +29

We did have to shave the rear caliper bracket maybe 2-3mm ... very simple to do.

hmm i called for these wheels and they said, they only ofer 18x8.5, and 19x10..with a 22 offset...any ideas how you got that fitment?

Back