• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F-Car Madness; ASK AWAY; F355 & NSX in garage

It is very informative. Does anyone have any experience with Lambo?

Yes, I have. I have spent thousands of miles, and probably about a years worth of daily driving, behind the wheel of a few different Diablos and an LM-002. It depends on where you divide the line. I like to call them either Italian Lambos or Audi-Lambos. Italian Lambos being anything that was '01 Diablo 6.0 and prior, and Audi-Lambos being Gallardo and Murcielago primarily.

The real Italian Lambos are very beautiful, have a personality, and are much less reliable. These are the ones you are afraid to take out because you have no idea what will happen. The ones where the hydraulic suspension lift for the front may or may not work, and the windows may just decide they do not feel like going up today. Kind of like dating a supermodel with a severe drug habit and taking her on a vacation to Las Vegas. Hold on!! It will be one unpredictable ride, and you will be lucky to survive it! :D

The Audi-Lambos are (as you can tell by their name) the more refined cars that were produced when the Germans took over. These cars are much more driver friendly in terms of reliability and ease of use. I actually had this conversation today with someone that I would be more than happy to drive a Gallardo for 50,000 miles and expect it to hold up. The slight amount of flair the Germans took away in their design process (most evident on the interior), is more than made up by them building a much better overall car. I have a friend with over 40,000 miles and lots of track time on his Gallardo and the car is darn near bulletproof.

You have to pick your battles, and bring your wallet. :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, I have. I have spent thousands of miles, and probably about a years worth of daily driving, behind the wheel of a few different Diablos and an LM-002. It depends on where you divide the line. I like to call them either Italian Lambos or Audi-Lambos. Italian Lambos being anything that was '01 Diablo 6.0 and prior, and Audi-Lambos being Gallardo and Murcielago primarily.

The real Italian Lambos are very beautiful, have a personality, and are much less reliable. These are the ones you are afraid to take out because you have no idea what will happen. The ones where the hydraulic suspension lift for the front may or may not work, and the windows may just decide they do not feel like going up today. Kind of like dating a supermodel with a severe drug habit and taking her on a vacation to Las Vegas. Hold on!! It will be one unpredictable ride, and you will be lucky to survive it! :D

The Audi-Lambos are (as you can tell by their name) the more refined cars that were produced when the Germans took over. These cars are much more driver friendly in terms of reliability and ease of use. I actually had this conversation today with someone that I would be more than happy to drive a Gallardo for 50,000 miles and expect it to hold up. The slight amount of flair the Germans took away in their design process (most evident on the interior), is more than made up by them building a much better overall car. I have a friend with over 40,000 miles and lots of track time on his Gallardo and the car is darn near bulletproof.

You have to pick your battles, and bring your wallet. :cool:

Rick??

and I do believe YOU broke my lift system :mad:
lol

I found the 355 lacking in power. However, it sounded incredible (only thing I really miss). From the side profile, I always said, "This thing reminds me of an NSX".

At the time of those pics, me and my NSX bud were tooling around Virginia Beach and I saw that he could keep up with me and seemed to handle the turns as good as me (very comparable).

I sold the 355 in order to get a 360 (felt it was more comfortable and a bit more powerful and would cost less in maintenance in the long run). While I was waiting for "the right" 360 to purchase, my friend offered me his NSX for 20K. Knowing how it was kept and maintained, I figured it was a good "stop gap".

I feel more comfortable driving the NSX on a day-to-day basis. I don't feel like a $10,000 bill is lurking around the corner. When driving the 355, you feel like you're in a glass canon. Maybe I was overly paranoid but I felt like something could go at any moment. I also had to live with certain "issues" prone to almost all 355s (squeeked like crazy until it warmed up). Ain't nothing worse than pulling up to a light in a Ferrari that is squeeking (I'd let her run 10-15 minutes before leaving the garage to avoid that).

I don't know if I'll be an NSXer for life but I have no complaints about buying it. It's an outstanding car for the price.

That being said, I do miss the 355. :) You just can't get that exhaust sound out of your mind once you've owned the car that created it.

Steve

Last edited:
Well I am glad you found the right car to drive daily.

The ratteling noise was probably your catalytic converter going out, they rot away because its not driven, cats don't do the car justice.

Finding a clean F355 like yours is very difficult.

Cheers

Back