• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F355 owners?

Yeah - how bout a video of me rebuilding the alternator after it blew on the first day...

The REAL funny part:

- The voltage reg. is the same part off an '89 carbureted Accord

- The rectifier is for a '87 Legend...

Gotta love nippon denso...
We work a lot with Ferrari's of that era certainly 348/355
There are quite a few interchangeable parts with "normal" cars like audi 80, and iirc a few Fiat's.

Wil,

Any plans to dyno the car? I've heard that despite a rating of 380 crank HP, the dyno #'s are usually suspiciously low, due to some perhaps stretching of the truth from Ferarri? I'm curious if that is true.

Either way... with a Tubi exhaust, that has to be the most enjoyable exhaust note on any car except maybe a Ford GT with an X-pipe.

Angus, what seats are those? Are those the sport seats or something aftermarket?

I bought a 355 Challenge last spring and it's a fun car to drive. Not as powerful as my 996 Turbo but about the same as my CTSC NSX with 350 rwhp. Here is a video with both my 355 and NSX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqN9o-J9cc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They sound very similar. The NSX has a GruppeM V2 exhaust and the 355 has a custom exhaust on it. I think the 355 can sound much better and will likely upgrade to a Capristo system soon.

I bought a 355 Challenge last spring and it's a fun car to drive. Not as powerful as my 996 Turbo but about the same as my CTSC NSX with 350 rwhp. Here is a video with both my 355 and NSX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqN9o-J9cc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They sound very similar. The NSX has a GruppeM V2 exhaust and the 355 has a custom exhaust on it. I think the 355 can sound much better and will likely upgrade to a Capristo system soon.

A 355 with 380 crank hp is as fast as a ctsc nsx with 350rwhp?:confused:

A 355 with 380 crank hp is as fast as a ctsc nsx with 350rwhp?:confused:

Pretty close I would say. I haven't lined them up side by side but on the drive we were on and from driving both cars I would say they are similar. My 355 is a Challenge car so there are a few changes from stock. How, or even if, they affect straight line performance I don't know or sure. The 996 Turbo though is obviously much faster.

Last edited:
Back