• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee (Sundays)

Its a nice meet precisely because it is quiet and spacious. I always seem to have more in depth conversations with other drivers at Fair Lakes then when at Katies. IMO, you go to Katies to look, but you go to Fair Lakes to actually meet people.

I think most of us who regularly attend both Katies and Fair Lakes would agree. Both have their pros and cons, but I've gotten to enjoy Fair Lakes a bit more for the reasons you state. Also seems like we get more time to talk to the NSX owners at Fair Lakes!

Yeah, maybe this will be another year-without-winter.

I'd like to go. This would be my first such event ~ it's at 8:30am at the Kohl's parking lot in Fair Lakes, right?

my car is at Ben's for some work, so I will have to pass. I do encourage you to go FF Drifter, hanging out with other owners has been a great pleasure of the ownership experience for me.

70 and cloudy at this point...i'll try and make it out if I can...

anyone else?

my car is at Ben's for some work, so I will have to pass. I do encourage you to go FF Drifter, hanging out with other owners has been a great pleasure of the ownership experience for me.
Really? MY car is at Ben's too, so I cannot go! Keep in touch and maybe we can pick them up together. I am not sure when he will be done with mine.

Really? MY car is at Ben's too, so I cannot go! Keep in touch and maybe we can pick them up together. I am not sure when he will be done with mine.
Heh, not sure you are quite in a good carpooling range ;) Still, will pop you a msg when I head out that way though.

Unsure when mine will be wrapped up either, but I also told Ben that he can take as long as he wants as I don't really need the car at this time of the year and I genuinely meant that. Ben has enough stress in his life without me adding to it.

I went anyways. It was misty/foggy the entire time and my car was covered in tiny droplets and light drizzle by the time I got there (definitely more wet in Fairfax than in Alexandria). There were only 10 cars there initially, mostly Challengers and such, but that eventually went up to about 30 cars ~ a lot more BMWs and Corvettes showed up. There were two S2000s, two GT-Rs, and a rat rod that apparently usually shows up at Katie's only. The NSX drew a near constant stream of onlookers, so that was pretty cool. Most suggested I go to Katie's some time because 'there are more cars like yours up there' although at least one guy pointed out that usually there is a red NSX and and sometimes an orange NSX that come out to Fair Lakes, at least when it's sunny.

Shame about the fog and chill. Someone snagged a nice shot of your car (with the BMW parade in the background):
photo14_zps51a2cef0.jpg

(Reference: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/mid-atlantic/296703-2013-fair-lakes-va-c-c-kohls-thread.html)

Thanks for that link, blue_myriddn haha

Anyone going this Sunday? I am considering going to the Great Falls meet, if I happen to get up early enough. If not... well Fair Lakes wasn't too bad. It's supposed to be reasonably warm tomorrow and if it'll be anything like today was, that's pretty nice.

Figured it out: Katie's/Great Falls is early on Saturdays while Fair Lakes is slightly later on Sundays. Ah well, got to go on a nice drive anyways and the weather was pleasant.

yep, you can ruin a whole weekend with car events :) I was missing my car these past few days with the nice weather, oh well :(

Unfortunately I've been wasting away recovering from surgery. Can only go to the garage and look at my NSX! Hope to be able to get out soon.

I feel like they are usually done by then. Last time I left around 9:30 ~ 10am and the crowd was already winding down. It might be the same today, especially with the cold.

Anybody going tomorrow? Supposed to be clear 30/50*. Need to break in my new engine in the NSX so I was thinking about heading up that way if some of the local Prime members would be around.

Big turnout yesterday as the sun shone down. Nice variety of cars and plenty of good conversation. NA4Life had his NSX out and it was fun to see a modified NSX sit side by side to a stock NSX:

attachment.php

Here is an aerial shot of the whole group:
attachment.php

Back