• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee (Sundays)

Wow, really good turnout! I made a last minute decision to check out Katie's in Great Falls just the day before and there was big turnout there too. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread to see who's going where over the weekend.

Weather's almost good enough to do a proper wash/polish/clay/wax.

I might go. I was really planning to clay and wax the NSX instead, but maybe I'll do a few panels early and head over. Rain is only projected to come around in the afternoon I think...?

I see you both went and were joined by a white NSX as well. Was still sort of unseasonable for me, so I was lazy and stayed in bed :p

attachment.php

Yep, the white NSX was Andy's. More pics:

70DFOhKh.jpg

9XpzSvch.jpg

aDzXuiOh.jpg

And heading out:
HVAqbQJh.jpg

I plan to go tomorrow (3/31). It is supposed to rain starting about mid-day, so I'll try to get in and out of Fair Lakes like 8am ~ 10am.

Edit: might back out of this. Rain is now predicted to be 100% and starting as early as 9am.

Last edited:
I should be there as well, although I may leave slightly earlier than I usually do. Hope to see other Primers there!

Good meeting you Xavier! Sorry I didn't catch you just before you headed out; I really wanted to hear that turbo. Maybe at Katie's next week? I'm gonna try to be there early to get a reasonable parking spot (last time I had to go to one of the side lots and I was in at 6:50am).

If you are a fan of the Lotus, this weekend at Kohl's will be a great experience for you - as it is the annual "Get your Lotus Out" event. Details here: http://carlovedc.com/2013/04/spring-2013-gylo-lotus-owners/

I was there for it last year and it was a blast. As I was cruising to the meet down 66, I saw something low slung rolling quickly through the traffic behind me. As it got closer, I was baffled to identify it and when it blasted past me I was still baffled, but one thing was for sure - he was cookin! I downshifted to keep pace and followed him all the way in. Believe me, this guy still drove his car at full tilt! Ended up having a fascinating conversation about the restoration and custom work he has done on the car.

attachment.php

Coming out to Fair Lakes 4/14/2013. I will try to be there around 8:30ish ~ 9am. It should be at least as nice out tomorrow as it was today for the Pohanka meet, so why not?

I crashed and slept in this morning - was wiped out after yesterday (ran up to Baltimore after leaving you guys for a family function until midnight :( )

Met Jack (jdmwelsh) there. Got some great feedback from some passeryby (these are such underrated cars, they're in really good shape, etc). I think I will stop coming to the Katie's meets as often but will continue to do the Fair Lakes meet. I feel like they are starting to stretch later into the day now; I was there until 10:30am but I was one of the earlier people leaving.

I really enjoyed the Fair Lakes meet, Dan has been saying good this forever but I finally made it out and experienced for myself. I stayed until 1130 talking to M5 guys.

Hey guys, Fairlakes C&C was great and I didn't get to meet 1 NSX owner lol.

Here are some pics.

Is the owner on this forum?

Is this owner on this forum too?

Sick hand built Jaguar D Type Replica 700HP

I know the owner of the red one (that's my vis carbon hood) he is on prime but not very active. The silver one might be hoover#2 I might be wrong both of them are from Va.

I'll be out there tomorrow; probably gonna come in around 9:30am or so. It'll be high 50s and sunny, warming up to 60 or so by the time the event is over.

While I encourage everyone to stop in and check out the Cars & Coffee at Fairlakes, please use the front door when getting your coffee, there is no drive thru service.

922555_483406828394464_1375667484_o.jpg

Back