• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fedex Passport Auto Transport

Hello,

I just bought a 2001 Black NSX with 20,100 miles from Massachusetts; I live in Louisiana; has anybody used Fedex Transport for delivery; they quoted me $1500.... but it may take up to 4 weeks to get the car; they do have guarantee date of delivery for an additional $500.

thanks,
Dr. Patel

Is this Fedex the same Fedex? :confused: If so, I didnt know they ship cars

Yes it is, kind of.... Fedex bought St. Louis based Passport Transport about 4 years ago. Same people still there, Fedex more or less just rebranded it and put their marketing muscle behind it.

CL65 Captain said:
Yes it is, kind of.... Fedex bought St. Louis based Passport Transport about 4 years ago. Same people still there, Fedex more or less just rebranded it and put their marketing muscle behind it.

maybe now you get better customer support and a big name to go after in case something goes bad...

I called them and they told me it would take up to 4 weeks for delivery; for another $1280 (on top of the $1500); they could ship the NSX by 11/21/05...Ha Ha what a joke!!! Moreover, I called Intercity and Horseless Carriage as well as Thomas Sunday; they are all stating 4-6 weeks.

that would mean placing 1500 miles on the car from Massachusetts to Louisiana. Too many miles!!!

JP

drjeetpateldds said:
that would mean placing 1500 miles on the car from Massachusetts to Louisiana. Too many miles!!!

JP

I just went through the same drill w/delivery times, fuel surcharges and
lots of variables all slanted in the carrier's favor. I chose to fly to pick my
car up and drive it home (2300 miles). It was in my driveway in 3 days!

I second that, I just drove mine home 1 month ago from DC back to Nebraska, 2 days and 1600 GREAT miles, what a way to bond with your car! I was all teeth all the way! :biggrin: Just check the weather and terrorist report before you leave! :tongue:

Chaffeur?!?

If the primary concern is to keep your newly acquired NSX in pristine/unblemished condition, there are other ways for transport w/ better delivery time and of-course significant monetary savings...

Perhaps consider a 1-way plane ticket from LA to MA (SWA?), rent a light-duty truck/SUV & UHaul auto-transport trailer (both drop-off in LA)... only other costs would be 1nite hotel & gas/food! :cool:

With some diligence, all can be done for about $750-800

(Estimate based on retail quotes: $150 flt, $100 SUV rental, $300 trailer rental, $175 gas, $25 food, $50 hotel)

Adding just 1500 miles will not impact the resale value of your NSX at all, atleast in my thinking (20k'ish miles already)

A worthwhile read... :eek:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25235&highlight=Zanardi+20

drjeetpateldds said:

JP

Nonsense! Mileage on an NSX is inconsequential. I bought my 93 2 years ago with 70,000 miles and she's just about to hit 150,000. The purpose of the odometer in the NSX is to let you know when routine maintenance is due and to make owners of other sports cars jealous!

By the way, my only maintenance costs have been for normally replaced items. In fact the original clutch lasted until 130,000 miles! Knock on wood but the car has never suffered any kind of serious mechanical failure.

Enjoy your new car and drive her to your heart's content with the piece of mind knowing that you own the highest quality automobile ever produced in the known universe! Just maintain her responsibly and she will reward you with unlimited miles of one of the best driving experiences known to man.

I've used them twice to get my c5 to Lingenfelter and back. No problems. I wasn't in a hurry. Once when I was in a hurry I used an independent recomended by Lingenfelter and got the car in 26 hours.

I've never shipped my nsx anywhere.

[MENTION=13757]drjeetpateldds[/MENTION]

I am an asshat spammer. Please pity me for I am an orphan as a result of my parents killing themselves because I am such a feckless waste of human protoplasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back