• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Final mod: NSX-R engine hood scoop? where to get?

2000fiesta15a.jpg

2000fiesta15b.jpg

1-13-2007-05.jpg

This might be the ugliest NSX I have ever seen.

maybe, but back in 96 when I first saw this car there were'nt too many mods so it was pretty remarkable as a total package.

This is probably one of the most functional body kits never produced for the NSX.

Some observations and guesses:

- Slightly longer, lower front bumper with integrated air dam and fixed headlights.
- Vented front hood: better cooling and added downforce, the vent configuration also diverted air around cockpit instead of simply up and over. This feeds "cooler" air to the intake snorkel on the hatch. The duct design may have been able to keep the spare tire. The JGTC NSXs that had a snorkel used this type of hood duct configuration as did the Mugen NSX-RR which also had a snorkel.
- "Filled in" door and lower side skirts: later implemented in production form in 2002 and later NSXs for drag reduction.
- Rear wide body quarter panels: vented design nearly used on all JGTC NSXs later to remove air from wheel well area. Extended section over tail lights to help aero: see FXMD's race car.
- Higher rear spoiler to put it into cleaner airflow for increased effectiveness.
- Rear bumper/valence: looks like a modified exhaust is used that sits high against the trunk to allow space for a functional diffuser. Perhaps even a double diffuser before double diffusers were "cool"? Bumper continues the taper from rear quarter panels to a Kammback design to reduce drag.

To me at least, the body kit is remarkable.

Last edited:
This is probably one of the most functional body kits never produced for the NSX.

Some observations and guesses:

- Slightly longer, lower front bumper with integrated air dam and fixed headlights.
- Vented front hood: better cooling and added downforce, also diverted air around cockpit instead of simply up and over. May have been able to keep the spare tire.
- "Filled in" door and lower side skirts: later implemented in production form in 2002 and later NSXs for drag reduction.
- Rear wide body quarter panels: vented design nearly used on all JGTC NSXs later to remove air from wheel well area. Extended section over tail lights to help aero: see FXMD's race car.
- Higher rear spoiler to put it into cleaner airflow for increased effectiveness.
- Rear bumper/valence: looks like a modified exhaust is used that sits high against the trunk to allow space for a functional diffuser. Perhaps even a double diffuser before double diffusers were "cool"? Bumper continues the taper from rear quarter panels to a Kammback design to reduce drag.

To me at least, the body kit is remarkable.

No one said that this car's functionality hasn't been improved. It is Mugen after all.

But I still wouldn't want to be seen in it.

It looks like a kit car. Something about it looks off. I dont know if it the small wheels or what but doesn't seem to look right.

Back