• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For all the new vendors...

If you're looking to deliver a product to the NSX community without too much competition (ie every vendor seems to have diffusers, door sills, hoods, etc etc), and want to sell lots of sets....look into LED replacement tail lights (at a reasonable price, ofcourse =)

If you're looking to deliver a product to the NSX community without too much competition (ie every vendor seems to have diffusers, door sills, hoods, etc etc), and want to sell lots of sets....look into LED replacement tail lights (at a reasonable price, ofcourse =)

The problem with this product is the construction is very labor intensive, if you want high quality appearance, you need more LED's, and they're all soldered by hand - if you have a product that requires the hand soldering of 500 LED lights, by a qualified and skilled technician, what's a reasonable price for his labor?

Aside from the risk associated with taking apart the brittle plastic of used tail lights, there is 10 hours of labor at minimum, the cost of the components, and you need to buy used tail lights to serve as a core, before you can sell a single set. $1500-2000 is not a bad price for hand-assembled lights, that require skilled labor; any cheaper, and you're going to get a lower quality product, this comes in the form of less LED's, which no longer form bars, but are individual LED spots, then you have perhaps 200 total LED lights = less labor intensive, but not an aesthetically appealing final product (imo).

How about the front turn signals? :smile:

I'd hack up my own and attempt it if I knew anything about anything. :tongue:

CFRP/FRP are simple to make. Just cast the plug/mold and you can make the parts any time - One at a time.

Head light housing, signal lights, tail lights, LED lights are not simple to make. No vender in their right mind will have these made because it has to be a large batch to be able to beat OEM pricing and no one will like to sit on their money for months or years - That is if they can unload every thing.

BUY OEM!!!

Last edited:
My parents actually own a company that manufactures LED readerboard signs. I asked my dad to look into producing the boards, etc. Its simply too expensive based on the amount we expected to sell.

I can't sit on 1000 sets of the boards and hope they sell... eventually, and that would be a small order.

Also, the assembly and retro fit to the original tail light is EXTREMELY tedious and time consuming to do properly and also get a good watertight seal after the fact.

IMO the clear corner price is justified

I really would like to have them though:smile:

Dangit

Rav

Last edited:
Also, the assembly and retro fit to the original tail light is EXTREMELY tedious and time consuming to do properly and also get a good watertight seal after the fact.

IMO the clear corner price is justified

Well said. This has been a product others have begged for in past but Ravi hit the nail on the head.

500 years ago, people swore the world was flat. 50 years ago, people never imagined we'd be on the moon. 5 year ago, I never thought I'd own an NSX. To quote a bald, 7 foot center from Boston, "Anything is possible" =)

Erick, if I had 100 NSX's, you know I'd buy 200 HID's from you :biggrin:

ok allen,
i slaved away all last night till this very hour and got one side done.

this is a practice job. if you approve, i will do LED conversions

they are super white, but show up slightly blue on camera
DSCN1650_copy.jpg

i left the corner blinker open for LED bulb replacement.
i suppose i could have done a strip of LEDs all the way across, or just cram in 100 leds, but i wanted to finish this today.
DSCN1657_copy.jpg

i dont have my NA1 bumper anymore so i used the NA2 pop-up MODE4 Bumper for display
DSCN1658_copy.jpg

looks like the LEDs are visable from multi angles.
DSCN1665_copy.jpg

let me know what you guys think.

Erick,

Those are some good looking front NSX bumpers. I like how it has the updated 02+ style while retaining the pop-up headlights. :biggrin:

DSCN1658_copy.jpg

DSCN1665_copy.jpg

Oh! and the led project looks great as well. :biggrin:

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread! :biggrin:

Mike

Allen, Z, Brian, Isr- Thanks
looks like i have 4 approvals :smile:
i'll finish up both sides and add more LEDs

That is SICKNESS. You have outdone yourself. Productize it and GROUP BUY!
Just make sure it is as bright as the OEM at night since we don't want any safety issues.
i'll have to price it accordingly. i have to make sure i make enough money to put aside for the hospital not if, but when i cut/burn/poison myself in the process of putting these together. :redface:

i'll make sure theyre plenty bright just like oem.

Erick,

Those are some good looking front NSX bumpers. I like how it has the updated 02+ style while retaining the pop-up headlights. :biggrin:
Oh! and the led project looks great as well. :biggrin:
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread! :biggrin:
Mike

Thanks Mike, you made it happen. All of the mode4 bumper owners thank you for being the front runner.

Erick -

Is that your Viper in the background?
yes, just got it last week.
V10 - 505 cubic inch displacement(8.3L) neighbors hate it when i start it up. its like an earthquake every time.
slightly modded.

Attachments

• DSCN1672.jpg
    DSCN1672.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN1675.jpg
    DSCN1675.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN1679.jpg
    DSCN1679.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I like em...I'd buy a set for sure.

I think I need to buy that '02 bumper as well...

Do you need stock lights as a core replacement or what?

So I realized that these are the turn signal part of the car... Do we lose that, or will the blink or what happens?

looks neat!

So I realized that these are the turn signal part of the car...
Not quite. The LED light-bar or array that evof575gtc is installing inside the front-bumper's combo-light is actually going to replace the driving-light function, not the turn-signal function. The latter will be left alone, instead a high-output LED bulb will replace the incandescent turn-signal bulb.

Ex.

evof575gtc... are you clearing out the combo-light's outer lens (which is faceted/frosted) or replacing it w/ another clear-plastic covering that you fabricated or leaving it as-is?

Last edited:
Back