• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Forcing All AC Air out of door vents

Due to my gauge mount where the center vents/clock normally is, most of the air from my AC is just blowing/disappating behind my center console area.
I just replaced my condenser motors and my AC is blowing cold. Based on another Prime member's suggestion, I want to block/tape off the entire vent that blows into the center console and force all the AC air out of my doors.
Does anyone know if the place I need to block off is at the top where the NavPod/vents normally go? Or lower in the center console like behind the stereo?
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just take out the center vent register and block the vent pipe behind it with your fav polyester stuffing.
Where is the location of the vent pipe opening I need to block?
Thanks

I think if you disconnect the vent control motor (its on the right side of the vent opening), this will leave the vent door permanently closed which should force all the air through the side vents. I suspect that you will need to remove the right side of the center console to access the motor connection.

As an observation, if your AC works really well blocking off the vent door is going to reduce air flow and in humid conditions you may end up with some icing problems.

I think if you disconnect the vent control motor (its on the right side of the vent opening), this will leave the vent door permanently closed which should force all the air through the side vents. I suspect that you will need to remove the right side of the center console to access the motor connection.

As an observation, if your AC works really well blocking off the vent door is going to reduce air flow and in humid conditions you may end up with some icing problems.
Thank you. I'm going to try blocking it off first. Most of the air is just wasting away behind the center console with my gauge mount. It's summer year round in Hawaii and so AC is needed year round, especially with our terrible traffic. Another Prime member here did the same thing and said they're super happy with the air flow out of the door vents now

Ok, so I have my AC working again with new Condenser Fans. I was going to block off the center vent at the top behind where the NavPod normally goes. But I'm feeling cold air come out of the bottom of my center console. My "Mode" is set to vents only, not lower vents at all. And the air is coming out of the bottom of the center console, so if my foot is on the gas, it's blowing plenty of cold air against the right of my calf/leg area. I don't think air is supposed to come out of here.
I did change out my blower motor a year ago, could it be how the blower is sealed against the rest of the car? THere's no point in me blocking it off at the top and trying to force air out the doors if it's just going to dissipate above my feet.
Thanks

Back