• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Forthcoming NSX?

Hmm, the "new" NSX pictured here doesn't look that great. I like the red one somewhat, but the front looks like it's a smiley face? And the 2004-2005 white NSX pictured looks like a camero! :(

Sorry but these pictures are disturbing. I don't like the look of the yellow/silver car makes it look like honda wants to copy the front end of a F360 and the rear end of a lotus elise.

I hope these are not the true pictures of the next NSX.

Yep. It looks like concept art that is based on the 360. It almost looks as though someone is trying to plagerize Ferrari... the sillouhette looks unmistakably like a 360, and the front "grille" and tail lights....gah... the 360 is a great looking car, but the NSX doesn't need to be copying it. Especially not so blatantly.

Besides, the tail lights on the NSX are probably the coolest looking part of the car, or any car, for that matter.

hyuan said:
Desertwind, thanks for posting these pics!

The 2004-2005 picture definitely looks like a photochop to me. Here's the same picture from ultimatecarpage.com:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/large/1066-3.jpg

This is lame. The 2004 is already out, and its the the same as the '03. The pictures of the '04 in that article is clearly false.

How many of these articles did we see in '01 predicting the '02 NSX? How many of them were actually right in their prediction? Little to none.

If Honda actually produces this, it will be the end of the NSX. Sales will probably go from 200/yr to 20/yr. IMO it looks too short and tall.

On the plus side, at least I won't be setting aside any of my money to buy the new body style like I was planning.

That silver thing looks terrible...

I don't mind the red, but I need more pics and it looks too short...

I doubt the next car will look like any of these..

I have to relaxxxx !!!!

I know that it is a very bad thing to get upset with things we have no control on them...

but I am becoming upset and angry just thinking that Honda could make such a mistake like this....

THE NSX IS A CLASS BY ITS OWN AND THIS CAR MUST EVOLVE AROUND THE ORIGINAL COnCEPT LIKE THE PORSCHE 911.

The new NSX must IMO only slightly differ from the actual design.

Just make a refreshment and DO NOT TOUCH THE OVERALL LINES

and ABSOLUTELY DON'T TOUCH ITS TAIL DESIGN.

:eek::eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

kgb_agent said:
In reference to the red one, I have just one question before placing my order: is the Challenge grill standard? :D :D :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hehe! That's funny :D

Uhgly Uhhhhglyyyy

Hope that's not the new NSX. Looks like an uglified version of the Lotus Elise with an even further uglified Modena's front bumper...

Yuccckkkiiiieeee..... no where near the gourgeous contours of the original NSX....

Honda..... Wakeee Upppppp!!!!!

Hey everybody, chill out for a second!!! Honda has been subtly refining the NSX since 1991, and IMO they have kept it's spirit alive and well during these years. Let just hope they keep it up for the next generation NSX!! If not, the legacy is over :(

BTW, keep in mind that Japanese model years follow calendar years, rather than the model years that are used in the states. In other words, the 2004 NSX is a model that will be released in 2004. I haven't seen a clearly legible copy of the entire article, but from reading what is legible, they are suggesting that Honda of Japan will facelift the NSX for the next couple of model years (2005 and 2006 US model years), and then they will need to make the decision of whether the new NSX will become a $40K-$50K sports car or stay an $80K supercar. Unfortunately, the resolution is too low to read the description for what they anticipate the two potential cars could be. Anybody have a higher resolution copy? I'll see if I can get a copy of it at Uwajimaya.

In my opinion the original NSX is a great looking car. That said the next NSX should have the following changes:

1) HP, at least 450.

2) Aero, If they are going to be making changes, make them functional. The reason I changed the rear of the car was not primarily for looks but for function. Make the new NSX a smooth bottom car that creates as much downforce at speed as possible to design in without totally ruining the lines of the car.

3)Simi Light weight, keep it under 3000lbs if it is going to cost more than $90,000.

4)Shape, While keeping similar lines to the first NSX, change the car. No one should mistake the new NSX for a 91 NSX. No one should be able to just take $5000 and buy a few parts from the new car and make the older NSX’s look like the new one.

Kirthasa said:
they will need to make the decision of whether the new NSX will become a $40K-$50K sports car or stay an $80K supercar.

The NSX is no longer a supercar. The most obvious but not only requirement for a supercar these days is at or near 600HP. However, it is still exotic because of the sales volume.

Here, let me translate the article.

"In a need to sell more mags we have developed the conceptual drawings shown on these pages. We here at __________ magazine know in Japan and the US many are in NSX withdrawl due the lack of development news from the mother company. We really don't know what were talking about and the readers of these mags have most likley heard better info & rumor than we, so if you would like to contribute to our next issue please email us @ bs.4.u. "

Nice try, but I'm not buying this crap!

Back