• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found video of Mechanic racing customer car

Hope this isnt a repost

Video is of a street race between a 06 RSX and of a mechanic "jimmy" taking out a customers 02+ spa yellow NSX.

Videos like this really upset me :mad: It worries me how much trust you need to put into a mechanic.

Hope you guys can figure out who this mechanic is and espicially who is the owner of this car if the video is real.

Just a heads up there is a slight view of the license plate around the 3 min 8 sec mark.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/nsx/0/b50b6be9-92c9-4a64-909e-991e0166bb4b.htm

Im really hoping this isnt real and these people arent really dumb enough to take out and race a customers car.

Re: ALERT: Found video of Mechanic racing customer car

It sounds like a "B" movie to me. Not good actors. :rolleyes:
At least I hope it's not real..Makes me sick.

Either way the guys who made this video are idiots....

They are either:
a) pretending its someone else's car (lame)
b) using someone's NSX (which is even more impressively lame)

I always record the odometer on my S when its in for service.

Jetpilot3

Yeah, I would hope that's fake. But I'm sure it happens. :(

don't care if it's real or not.... these guys sound like the biggest douches in the world.

if i ever found a vid of somebody joyriding my car i would go back and get all my money back :biggrin: and i would argue with the person into letting me legally bitch slap them :wink:

Nope.....I test my repairs and upgrades on my own with little or no risk of wrecking someones car:tongue:

Racing on the street is unsafe, and doing it in somebody else's car is unsafe and totally disrespectful:mad:

:mad: Always record your mileage! When I was in high school and college I worked part time at an Acura dealer and still remember an out of town customer who left his NSX at the dealership for repairs and the Service Manager drove it back and forth to his own house all week, picked up his daughter from school in it, and added over 200 miles to the car. When the owner got it back and he noticed the mileage, they told him it was 'road test' mileage for the 15k mile service. :eek:

Oddly enough, 4 years later, the same dealership pulled the stunt again...with MY NSX!! I had some friends call me telling me they saw me, and asking why I did not wave at them. I told them they were idiots, it was not me, my NSX was in the shop. They read off my plate number and said, 'Dude...that is your plate, right...,' and sure enough it was. The technician took it home to take his wife out to dinner. I came unglued the next day. The mechanic got in my face about it saying it was not him....then saying it was test mileage...they he got pissed at me because I told him to pay me for the gas he used. When I dropped it off it was almost full...when I got it back it was EMPTY!! If you are going to drive the car, have brains enough to replenish the gas!! :mad: :mad:

wow, that's really BS, whoever needs 200 miles road test is not only unethical, it's stupid. Report that to a local news agency might be a good idea.

Back