• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front fog lamp bulb replacement

Hi,

Greetings from across the pond. Just wondered if any of you have a "quick'n'easy" way to replace the front driver's side ( that's on the RIGHT over here :biggrin: ) spoiler-mounted foglamp/driving lamp bulb.

I read somewhere on here many moons ago that it's an unusual bulb - the UK references say it's a common or garden H3 - who is right?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Its an of the shelf bulb, nothing spectaculair.

I used to remove the plastic little cover on the side, and then remove some big bold, which would free up the light. If that was the correct way of doing it, i have no idea, worked well though.

Just make sure that the zero-potential (also called 'ground', 'earth', 'zero' aso...) wire is also connected to the lamp/housing. The light will work without, but them bulbs keep on blowing up.

hth

Also check if the rubber boot that closes behind the fog lamp hosing is not torn. You don't want water to enter you lamp and break the bulb as well as the silver backing of the reflector.

Back