• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully Built Turbo Nsx 800 + HP "Coming Soon"

Let's get some experience in here from people that have attempted a 9 second pass:

Who here has
1- Taken an NSX and made 650+whp.
2- Put drag slicks on the car.
3- Took it to the strip and raced/attempted to race it.

What were the results if you completed the pass? What broke if you didn't?

I've tried to hit 9's in my old RX7. Having the power and equipment is one thing, actually doing it is another.

My best pass was a 10.003 @ 119 mph.

I've posted my experiences in the past through multiple posts so you'll have to do a search for all of them. But basically in a nutshell I've run my car at the track from various points in my build from 450 to 650 whp. My fastest times were at 650 whp with a GT-35R, 305 wide Toyo R888's, 100 oct race fuel, crappy 2 sec 60' launches and I couldn't break into the 10's. I think I was somewhere in the low 11's, but not even close to breaking into the 10's. I think with a perfect launch and a really good driver they might be able to shave off possibly a second to put them in the mid 10's but that would be the absolute best my setup would be capable of. In the process, I killed a clutch, broke my axles, damaged my tranny, and blew up my engine on more than one occasion (not directly to drag racing but I'm sure had an impact).

The catch/problem I see is that 650 whp is roughly about the limit the GT-35R can handle. Any more power and I'd need to jump up to a larger turbo like the GT-40. However, the GT-35R was a good compromise on how early and gradual the boost would kick it. For the larger GT-40, it would shift the power band so much so that not only would the boost kick in later, but much faster and harder. That would cause two problems. First, it would be harder to apply the power without breaking the tires loose and second, the faster in-rush of power would find more places in the drivetrain to break. The two forces are in opposition with each other: the NSX needs more power (more than 650 whp) to get into the 9's, but in order to get the power, the HP curve/powerband is shifted so exponentially it's really hard to actually apply all that power to the ground. Add to the fact that the NSX chassis isn't well suited (no room) to handle the size tires needed for that power, both in height and width, and the extremely high cost of parts and you begin to see why it can be so hard for the NSX, specifically, to break into the 9's where that might not be the case for other cars with similar stats.

I do know other NSX's have come very, very close and if they were to tweak a few more things or change drivers (or meth injection/nos etc.), they probably could have gotten there. That's why I'm pretty sure it can be done, and probably will be done. But I also know the amount of time and money put into those vehicles and it was a significant amount of both. And in the end, those cars were essentially "ruined" in the fact that they were no longer NSX's in the stock traditional sense. They were essentially turned into purpose built cars and not a lot of owners are going to be willing to do that. And as NSX's become more rare and possibly valuable, it seems like a less and less enticing proposition.

Last edited:
R888's are too harsh on the drivetrain. You need to either run ET Streets or Slicks.

Get yourself a solid launch with some boost and it's do able if you can shift your ass off.

No the most I've used are shaved down Toyo R888's and RA1's but hence my very poor 60' time. I think a quality slick or drag radial could vastly improve the 60' time, which in turn would help the full 1/4 mile time. But enough damage was done with those R-compound tires, I couldn't imagine what a full slick or radial would do.

No the most I've used are shaved down Toyo R888's and RA1's but hence my very poor 60' time. I think a quality slick or drag radial could vastly improve the 60' time, which in turn would help the full 1/4 mile time. But enough damage was done with those R-compound tires, I couldn't imagine what a full slick or radial would do.

It's hard to beleive, but a slick will do a lot less damage than a radial. I used to break axles and sheer off input shafts left and right until I switched to ET Streets.

I have not tried to make a 9 second pass,however I have made 630 hp and so far have run 10.7 at 131 with a 2 second 60 foot. I have made a 1.57 60 foot with ET streets however the car did its excorcism thing at 120mph so I had to get off the gas and slowly apply the brakes to stop the bouncing and sliding(the car ran 11.03 at 87 mph). If you know much about drag racing every 1/10 you take off your 60 foot equals double or 2/10 off the 1/4 mile time. If I could ever make a clean pass with a 1.57 60 foot and make it out the end the car should run a best time of 10.1 or 10.2 or better(but that is only on paper ). Yes I have destroyed a clutch,broke an axle, and hurt my trans. This damage was all done with drag radials and have sustained no drivetrain damage with ET streets, just mental damage as the car goes out of control. This is Why with 800 hp it is definitely possible to run in the nines if you can figure out how to get the car to get down the track with ET streets. That is JMHO and nothing else.

I have not tried to make a 9 second pass,however I have made 630 hp and so far have run 10.7 at 131 with a 2 second 60 foot. I have made a 1.57 60 foot with ET streets however the car did its excorcism thing at 120mph so I had to get off the gas and slowly apply the brakes to stop the bouncing and sliding(the car ran 11.03 at 87 mph). If you know much about drag racing every 1/10 you take off your 60 foot equals double or 2/10 off the 1/4 mile time. If I could ever make a clean pass with a 1.57 60 foot and make it out the end the car should run a best time of 10.1 or 10.2 or better(but that is only on paper ). Yes I have destroyed a clutch,broke an axle, and hurt my trans. This damage was all done with drag radials and have sustained no drivetrain damage with ET streets, just mental damage as the car goes out of control. This is Why with 800 hp it is definitely possible to run in the nines if you can figure out how to get the car to get down the track with ET streets. That is JMHO and nothing else.

Are your Et streets bias ply? The only ones I've seen to date are and when you mix them with radials in a rear drive configuration it causes the car to track from side to side and get squirrely if you aren't smooth with the steering wheel. I would get some skinnies in the front if that's the case. Been there done that. Hope it helps.

Even with skinnys up front, the cars get harry on the big end. Will make your butthole pucker..that's for sure.

It's hard to believe, but a slick will do a lot less damage than a radial. I used to break axles and sheer off input shafts left and right until I switched to ET Streets.

Bingo! Driving an NSX your entire life won't teach you this, but experience racing at the dragstrip will, no matter which car you drive. A bias ply tire can hook much better and is safer on the drivetrain, they are like little springs that can absorb all the shock. Vegas doesn't understand this, and simply writes off my experience as having no value to making an NSX go 9's, and that I'm simply a "forum racer". He has continued to use examples of himself and FXMD's as serious attempts to run 9's when both were on road race and/or street tires tires. They ran respectable times but this is hardly what I would call a serious attempt to run 9's. This is why I've already stated several times in this thread, 9's hasn't been done because no one has tried. Vegas has proved my point further by showing that his attempts to run 9's included street tires, and road race tires. These tires alone could have single handedly cost him his 9/10 second pass and all the while destroyed his drivetrain.

So far I've heard 100+k to run 9's, 15k to build an engine, 5k in brakes, 10k in suspension from several people that disagree with me, yet I'm the one throwing out the outrageous claims. I have already made several recommendations on what I think it would take to run 9's, and several experienced drag racers and NSX engine builders have agreed with me and the prices I have thrown out there.

Bozo I think you have some of the most experience racing at the strip with an NSX, and with a bit more power could definitely have a chance at 9's. I like how simple the setup is. I'm not sure what your goals are but what steps would you take from where you are now to attempt a 9 second run? Do you have bias plies in the front and still have issues controlling the car?

First off note, I'm not the one that it would take $100K+ to get a 9 sec 1/4, that was NA1MT. I never put an actual dollar amount to it because it is not a direct correlation. I simply stated it would cost more and be harder to achieve than one would expect, and I still stand by those statements and have given several real world explanations why.

Secondly actually I do get it. I'm not basing my opinions on just my own experience and FXMD's, but several other people both local to me and on this forum. For example, let's take mrbozo1's statements. If we can agree that he has plenty of real world experience and can use his statements as gospel, then what he is saying confirms my comments. I stated that the best I thought my 650 whp NSX could do was about low to mid 10's. mrbozo1 said if he were to get an ideal run he would be around 10.1 - 10.2 seconds. Based on what I've seen, I have no reason to doubt that. I also stated you'd need more than 650 whp to get to the 9's and he estimated it around 800 whp. Again, I agree with that statement. I figured around 750-800 is about where you would need. But like I said in my post, 650 whp is about as much as you would be able to get from a GT35R and you'd have to go to a GT40 (or similar larger turbo). However, the driving dynamics change dramatically with the larger turbo (I have first hand experience in this as well). As mrbozo1 stated, if things were getting crazy at 120 mph, then with even more hp and higher trap speed, things get even crazier. The boost rush becomes so uncontrollable you'll spend more time trying to keep from throwing yourself into a wall than trying to get into the 9's. However, given a fearless driver and a perfect run, it's definitely possible.

But that leads me back to my other original point. I have yet to see an 800 whp NSX build that didn't break multiple parts. So if it cost $25K to make 800 whp, you could easily double that if parts start breaking. Secondly, given enough runs I'm sure a guy like mrbozo1 or ccathy could break into the 9's, possibly with significantly less than 800 whp. However, the key word is "multiple runs". Can someone build a one pass 800 whp NSX cheap? Sure, put enough NOS and a rocket engine on the top and it's done. However, to build a bulletproof repeatable 800 whp NSX is not as easy and not cheap because every part simply needs to be over-engineered to take the abuse of multiple runs. That in turn adds costs, and in a hurry. The bottom line is that, as I said originally is:

1) It's harder than one would think to get to the 9's because the power levels needed to achieve the time in and of itself present their own set of new challenges, such as uncontrollability, lack of a way to actually apply the power to the ground, or parts breaking.

2) It's more expensive to get to the 9's than one would think because it would take a skilled driver multiple passes before getting the perfect run. Because of the hp levels required and the fact that 1/4 mile runs are so hard on the engine and drivetrain, the car would have to be built bulletproof to handle that kind of abuse or go through multiple broken parts. That would in turn increase the initial anticipated costs of the build exponentially.

I may have missed this, but are you replacing or beefing up ur drivetrain?

I just cracked my case and busted a passenger axle (costing $12k in parts and labor) from going WOT and hitting a bump in the freeway.

This bump is nothing new when I wasn't making 500hp.

- - - Updated - - -

First off note, I'm not the one that it would take $100K+ to get a 9 sec 1/4, that was NA1MT. I never put an actual dollar amount to it because it is not a direct correlation. I simply stated it would cost more and be harder to achieve than one would expect, and I still stand by those statements and have given several real world explanations why.

Secondly actually I do get it. I'm not basing my opinions on just my own experience and FXMD's, but several other people both local to me and on this forum. For example, let's take mrbozo1's statements. If we can agree that he has plenty of real world experience and can use his statements as gospel, then what he is saying confirms my comments. I stated that the best I thought my 650 whp NSX could do was about low to mid 10's. mrbozo1 said if he were to get an ideal run he would be around 10.1 - 10.2 seconds. Based on what I've seen, I have no reason to doubt that. I also stated you'd need more than 650 whp to get to the 9's and he estimated it around 800 whp. Again, I agree with that statement. I figured around 750-800 is about where you would need. But like I said in my post, 650 whp is about as much as you would be able to get from a GT35R and you'd have to go to a GT40 (or similar larger turbo). However, the driving dynamics change dramatically with the larger turbo (I have first hand experience in this as well). As mrbozo1 stated, if things were getting crazy at 120 mph, then with even more hp and higher trap speed, things get even crazier. The boost rush becomes so uncontrollable you'll spend more time trying to keep from throwing yourself into a wall than trying to get into the 9's. However, given a fearless driver and a perfect run, it's definitely possible.

But that leads me back to my other original point. I have yet to see an 800 whp NSX build that didn't break multiple parts. So if it cost $25K to make 800 whp, you could easily double that if parts start breaking. Secondly, given enough runs I'm sure a guy like mrbozo1 or ccathy could break into the 9's, possibly with significantly less than 800 whp. However, the key word is "multiple runs". Can someone build a one pass 800 whp NSX cheap? Sure, put enough NOS and a rocket engine on the top and it's done. However, to build a bulletproof repeatable 800 whp NSX is not as easy and not cheap because every part simply needs to be over-engineered to take the abuse of multiple runs. That in turn adds costs, and in a hurry. The bottom line is that, as I said originally is:

1) It's harder than one would think to get to the 9's because the power levels needed to achieve the time in and of itself present their own set of new challenges, such as uncontrollability, lack of a way to actually apply the power to the ground, or parts breaking.

2) It's more expensive to get to the 9's than one would think because it would take a skilled driver multiple passes before getting the perfect run. Because of the hp levels required and the fact that 1/4 mile runs are so hard on the engine and drivetrain, the car would have to be built bulletproof to handle that kind of abuse or go through multiple broken parts. That would in turn increase the initial anticipated costs of the build exponentially.

I thought 650rwhp would put u in mid 9's at 140mph~

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/

Theres a new reason, wow.

I don't recall him saying it would require 800whp, rather 800whp would definitely do the job which we all have agreed. If I were to shoot for 9's I would want to make ~700whp to ensure a little wiggle room, which is the number I have posted several times in this thread.. I only asked about 650whp because I wanted to see if anyone was even in the ballpark of attempting a serious 9 second pass with slicks. Honestly with 650whp an NSX should be 140+ which is 9 second territory, but like I said wiggle room, a little extra so you don't have to make multiple passes to achieve it.

Absolutely, however, I would modify that equation slightly.

learning curve + (money you initially expected x 4) = 9 second pass

That's the problem that people find out. Can it be done? Sure can. Do you want to spend the potential 6 figures it's going to take for a fairly meaningless distinction? Most people are going to find, several months and several thousand dollars in, that they realize they COULD do it if they really wanted to, but at the same time realize what it's actually going to take in terms of more money and time and find that it's just not worth it.

Thats 100k.

I totally agree, it should at least easily break into the 9's. But for whatever reason, it seems to be unnecessarily harder to achieve with the NSX. I have no idea why, but I've tried my best to try to theorize why in the best way I know how to; much to the critique and criticism of others. Shame on me for even bother trying.

- - - Updated - - -

I may have missed this, but are you replacing or beefing up ur drivetrain?

I just cracked my case and busted a passenger axle (costing $12k in parts and labor) from going WOT and hitting a bump in the freeway.

This bump is nothing new when I wasn't making 500hp.

- - - Updated - - -

I beefed up my axles and tranny when I broke them. It's been a while so I forget the details but I did not just replace stock for stock. I essentially bought the beefed up ones from the Factor X race car.

Last edited:
Thats 100k.

Nope, I said POTENTIALLY six figures. If all goes well it could cost less than that. If all hell breaks loose then it could POTENTIALLY cost up to six figures. So basically you choose to ignore the meaning of a word just to be argumentative. Nice.

Theres a new reason, wow.

Again, choosing to ignore my point and focus on selective statements. I said the boost can become uncontrollable. I also said in the very next sentence "However, given a fearless driver and a perfect run, it's definitely possible." That seems to agree with what you are saying, yet you choose to focus on being condescending. Again, nice.

I don't recall him saying it would require 800whp, rather 800whp would definitely do the job which we all have agreed. If I were to shoot for 9's I would want to make ~700whp to ensure a little wiggle room, which is the number I have posted several times in this thread.. I only asked about 650whp because I wanted to see if anyone was even in the ballpark of attempting a serious 9 second pass with slicks. Honestly with 650whp an NSX should be 140+ which is 9 second territory, but like I said wiggle room, a little extra so you don't have to make multiple passes to achieve it.

I personally do not think 650 whp is enough to achieve a 9 second pass. But that is my opinion, you are free to disagree with that. However, if you want to say for arguments sake it will take 700 whp, I feel that everything I said regarding the issues with 800 whp still applies to 700 whp, which you still conveniently neglect to address.

Regardless, thanks for reminding me why I never bother with this part of the forums again. It's guys like you when I actually try to share first hand, real world experiences, in an effort to be helpful, like to pick it apart with theoretical commentary that really has no point other than trying to be insulting. Again, what happened to this thread? It's even called 800+ HP "Coming Soon". It's been over a year and no updates. Where is that 9 sec pass? Isn't that exactly what I said I've seen happen in the past? I said, these threads pop up all the time and then eventually they just fade away with no resolution in the end. Maybe they blew up their engine, maybe they lost interest, maybe they had other priorities in their life. Regardless, it happens over and over again. Ever think about why that's the case? I keep telling you, it's because it's not easy and it's not inexpensive. Again, if it was that easy, it would have been done by now, and it would have been done in this thread/build. You would think the fact that this build never resulted in a 9 sec NSX like I suspected, would support some of what I was saying and as a result you would think that would mean some acknowledgment that my experience and posts have at least some credibility to them. You would think... But nope, you'll stick to insisting that I'm just a babbling "hater" that has no idea what I'm talking about and keep up with your insulting condescending posts.

So there you go. Go ahead and reply with whatever patronizing blabbering you feel entitled to. Thanks to you, I'm once again reminded not to waste my time in these parts of the forums or bother replying to anything here anymore. But last I checked, when this thread went cold for over a year, it's not like I saw you posting any helpful, informative posts. Seems to me you just like to backseat quarterback everyone else's attempts. First championing onestepx's attempt, now trying to see how mrbozo1 can get there and of course poo-pooing any attempts I have made. What's your build? What tires are you running? What's your 60' times? What's your best times and trap speeds on your own personal NSX? Why don't you start a thread and chronicle your own attempts for a change instead of riding or critiquing the efforts of others? Time to stop commenting on others and put up your own experiences.

Last edited:
Are your Et streets bias ply? The only ones I've seen to date are and when you mix them with radials in a rear drive configuration it causes the car to track from side to side and get squirrely if you aren't smooth with the steering wheel. I would get some skinnies in the front if that's the case. Been there done that. Hope it helps.
Yes my ET streets are bias ply and no I do not have skinnies on the front yet. The problem with skinnies on the front is that they are moslty too tall to fit. At least the ones that I have tried. Being smooth with the steering wheel has nothing to with it, the drag racers that I have spoken to on this topic all say the same thing......that this is a myth.....guess what ,I am not a mythbuster but this is not a myth. It is like the car hit a patch of ice or is hydroplaning when the back side moves out about 1-2 feet absolutely unannounced. The first time this happened the car actually went totally sideways at 90 mph and I was fortunate to save the car. at 48 seconds in this video is when the car goes sideways. It is hard to tell because the videographer got scared and took the camera off of the run <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Vx8L3AgUjTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

Bozo I think you have some of the most experience racing at the strip with an NSX, and with a bit more power could definitely have a chance at 9's. I like how simple the setup is. I'm not sure what your goals are but what steps would you take from where you are now to attempt a 9 second run? Do you have bias plies in the front and still have issues controlling the car?[/QUOTE]
No I do not have bias plys on the front yet. Would I like to run in the nines...Yes...Is my car capable...I dont know......If I were to try I would need to go to 4.44 rear gears, stiffer rear springs, and bias ply front tires. i think I have the hp to do it just have to figure it out. I may also do boost by gear(speed) and run a little less boost off the line and more at the other end.

mrbozo1

Looks like you simply lost traction. It happens.

As far as the wondering around on the big end. That's been a normal thing for me with ET Streets and a shifted car. Sometimes it's worse than others. Shifting down the 1320 is dangerous. You're loading and unloading those tires 3-4 times. Unlike a auto where the tires are always loaded up.

You guys should really use one of these.

http://www.tiltonracing.com/sites/default/files/editor_uploads/files/98-1280A Flow Control Valve.pdf

Install the valve with the "middle" "jet" and you will notice a precise clutch slip without trying to slip the clutch. Just dump the clutch and Hang On!!!!!

This was a "SECRET" many years ago and will will keep you from breaking parts.

Also, did you remove your front sway bar?

Last edited:
I stated he would "easily spend close to $50k to reach his goals safely".......funny how my number got doubled. I also said $10k for suspension which admittedly is a bit on the high side, but not ridiculous. I also said a BBK would be around $5k. I personally chose to upgrade everything I could while apart to avoid as much mechanical failure once complete as possible.

Good luck.

mrbozo1

Looks like you simply lost traction. It happens.

As far as the wondering around on the big end. That's been a normal thing for me with ET Streets and a shifted car. Sometimes it's worse than others. Shifting down the 1320 is dangerous. You're loading and unloading those tires 3-4 times. Unlike a auto where the tires are always loaded up.

You guys should really use one of these.

http://www.tiltonracing.com/sites/default/files/editor_uploads/files/98-1280A Flow Control Valve.pdf

Install the valve with the "middle" "jet" and you will notice a precise clutch slip without trying to slip the clutch. Just dump the clutch and Hang On!!!!!

This was a "SECRET" many years ago and will will keep you from breaking parts.

Also, did you remove your front sway bar?

no I did not remove my front sway bar. As I told the shop that I bought the ET streets from, if you are so sure this is just high speed wondering(which I am familiar with) then you drive my car but if you crash it, you fix it and the owner of the speed shop said no thanks.....EAC have you had your car do this at the strip? I would agree that it just lost traction once but every time?

Regardless, thanks for reminding me why I never bother with this part of the forums again. It's guys like you when I actually try to share first hand, real world experiences, in an effort to be helpful, like to pick it apart with theoretical commentary that really has no point other than trying to be insulting. Again, what happened to this thread? It's even called 800+ HP "Coming Soon". It's been over a year and no updates. Where is that 9 sec pass? Isn't that exactly what I said I've seen happen in the past? I said, these threads pop up all the time and then eventually they just fade away with no resolution in the end. Maybe they blew up their engine, maybe they lost interest, maybe they had other priorities in their life. Regardless, it happens over and over again. Ever think about why that's the case? I keep telling you, it's because it's not easy and it's not inexpensive. Again, if it was that easy, it would have been done by now, and it would have been done in this thread/build. You would think the fact that this build never resulted in a 9 sec NSX like I suspected, would support some of what I was saying and as a result you would think that would mean some acknowledgment that my experience and posts have at least some credibility to them. You would think... But nope, you'll stick to insisting that I'm just a babbling "hater" that has no idea what I'm talking about and keep up with your insulting condescending posts.

This is exactly why you and I can never see eye to eye. You insinuate that my suggestions are all "theoretical", and that your the only one with real world experience. I have ran 9's!, I have ran 11's in an NSX just as you have. I have ran 10's in multiple vehicles RWD, and FWD. I have real world drag racing experience, including an NSX. Who's patronizing who here.

So there you go. Go ahead and reply with whatever patronizing blabbering you feel entitled to. Thanks to you, I'm once again reminded not to waste my time in these parts of the forums or bother replying to anything here anymore. But last I checked, when this thread went cold for over a year, it's not like I saw you posting any helpful, informative posts. Seems to me you just like to backseat quarterback everyone else's attempts. First championing onestepx's attempt, now trying to see how mrbozo1 can get there and of course poo-pooing any attempts I have made. What's your build? What tires are you running? What's your 60' times? What's your best times and trap speeds on your own personal NSX? Why don't you start a thread and chronicle your own attempts for a change instead of riding or critiquing the efforts of others? Time to stop commenting on others and put up your own experiences.

You are contradicting yourself! You ask why I didn't post anything helpful, and then tell me to stop helping others, which is it??? I am constantly posting, in the forced induction area particularly, offering as much help as I can give as this is the area I am most knowledgable in. I'm going to keep posting/helping others this isn't going to change. You only respect old timers in here Vegas, and I don't expect that to change either. You have already explained yourself well enough in this thread: Nope, I said POTENTIALLY six figures. If all goes well it could cost less than that. If all hell breaks loose then it could POTENTIALLY cost up to six figures. So basically you choose to ignore the meaning of a word just to be argumentative. Nice. Again, choosing to ignore my point and focus on selective statements. I said the boost can become uncontrollable. I also said in the very next sentence "However, given a fearless driver and a perfect run, it's definitely possible." That seems to agree with what you are saying, yet you choose to focus on being condescending. Again, nice.I personally do not think 650 whp is enough to achieve a 9 second pass. But that is my opinion, you are free to disagree with that. However, if you want to say for arguments sake it will take 700 whp, I feel that everything I said regarding the issues with 800 whp still applies to 700 whp, which you still conveniently neglect to address. Regardless, thanks for reminding me why I never bother with this part of the forums again. It's guys like you when I actually try to share first hand, real world experiences, in an effort to be helpful, like to pick it apart with theoretical commentary that really has no point other than trying to be insulting. Again, what happened to this thread? It's even called 800+ HP "Coming Soon". It's been over a year and no updates. Where is that 9 sec pass? Isn't that exactly what I said I've seen happen in the past? I said, these threads pop up all the time and then eventually they just fade away with no resolution in the end. Maybe they blew up their engine, maybe they lost interest, maybe they had other priorities in their life. Regardless, it happens over and over again. Ever think about why that's the case? I keep telling you, it's because it's not easy and it's not inexpensive. Again, if it was that easy, it would have been done by now, and it would have been done in this thread/build. You would think the fact that this build never resulted in a 9 sec NSX like I suspected, would support some of what I was saying and as a result you would think that would mean some acknowledgment that my experience and posts have at least some credibility to them. You would think... But nope, you'll stick to insisting that I'm just a babbling "hater" that has no idea what I'm talking about and keep up with your insulting condescending posts.So there you go. Go ahead and reply with whatever patronizing blabbering you feel entitled to. Thanks to you, I'm once again reminded not to waste my time in these parts of the forums or bother replying to anything here anymore. But last I checked, when this thread went cold for over a year, it's not like I saw you posting any helpful, informative posts. Seems to me you just like to backseat quarterback everyone else's attempts. First championing onestepx's attempt, now trying to see how mrbozo1 can get there and of course poo-pooing any attempts I have made. What's your build? What tires are you running? What's your 60' times? What's your best times and trap speeds on your own personal NSX? Why don't you start a thread and chronicle your own attempts for a change instead of riding or critiquing the efforts of others? Time to stop commenting on others and put up your own experiences.[/QUOTE]This is exactly why you and I can never see eye to eye. You insinuate that my suggestions are all "theoretical", and that your the only one with real world experience. I have ran 9's!, I have ran 11's in an NSX just as you have. I have ran 10's in multiple vehicles RWD, and FWD. I have real world drag racing experience.My mind is blown so do you want me to help others...or...make my own threads and not comment/help others? You are contradicting yourself! You ask why I didn't post anything useful on a 1 year old thread, and then tell me to stop commenting and critiquing others? I am constantly posting in the forced induction area particularly, and offering as much help as I can give. I don't know the NSX as well as others so often times many others have much better advice in other areas of the forum, yourself included. I guess this is why my post count isn't that high, I'm one of the new "breed". [url]http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/167809-Negative-CommentsBozo is losing control because he is driving around with skateboard wheels(radials) in front, and balloons(bias plies) in the back, they bounce at different rates, and lead to swaying. This is a common occurrence, and I've experienced it first hand...."]http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/167809-Negative-Comments[/URL]

I comment on my own experience all the time, and make suggestions based on the experience and successes that I have seen. I have ran 9's in an s2000(posted the video earlier in the thread), I have ran 10's in others cars, and 11.9@120 in my NSX and in many others as well. NSX is stock 120k mile motor, GTX3076r @ 6psi ~390whp 275 nitto 555 street tires when it made this pass. I guess I should rent out a billboard at the NSXPO in case anyone misses it.

- - - Updated - - -

no I did not remove my front sway bar. As I told the shop that I bought the ET streets from, if you are so sure this is just high speed wondering(which I am familiar with) then you drive my car but if you crash it, you fix it and the owner of the speed shop said no thanks.....EAC have you had your car do this at the strip? I would agree that it just lost traction once but every time?

Bozo, I agree, this is definitely not a myth you are losing control because its like driving around with skateboard wheels(radials) in front, and balloons(bias plies) in the back, they bounce at different rates, and lead to swaying. This is a common occurrence with bias/radial RWD mix, and I've experienced it first hand....very scary. I hope he can get it straightened out and run even faster times. Once we put bias plies on the S2000 she straightened right out even with 20+ more mph in the back half.

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

Bozo, I agree, this is definitely not a myth you are losing control because its like driving around with skateboard wheels(radials) in front, and balloons(bias plies) in the back, they bounce at different rates, and lead to swaying. This is a common occurrence with bias/radial RWD mix, and I've experienced it first hand....very scary. I hope he can get it straightened out and run even faster times. Once we put bias plies on the S2000 she straightened right out even with 20+ more mph in the back half.[/QUOTE]

What size front tires did you use? All of the ones that I have tried are too tall.

What size front tires did you use? All of the ones that I have tried are too tall.

Are you trying to use the stock wheels still or willing to switch to a skinny wheel? There are many choices if you switch to a skinny, but if you want to keep the stock front wheel you may need to run a full slick up front. M & H makes a 23x8" slick that may work. I'm not sure if this is recommended though, slicks up front in a RWD car.

Last edited:
Back