• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully Built Turbo Nsx 800 + HP "Coming Soon"

Well guys as most of you know I was previously rated one of the highest powered BBSC supercharged Nsxs in the country.I was very happy with my set up at around 570rwhp but as all of us speed junkies know its just never enough.So I decided to take the Turbo plunge as I was told this is the only way to achieve real power levels .I went with a full custom set-up aiming at 800+Rwhp .I will be putting together a full build write up in detail soon.

Here is a Teaser of what is to come:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yHYWTorS0Uc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Special Thanks to: Asap Performance/That Racing Channel/Love-Fab

Last edited:
I went with the SOS pistons stock compression 10.2:1

I like to know what pistons and CR are you using for this build.

I'll have to see if I'm happy with 13-15psi pulley kit for my SOS SC.

If not I may need to buy a Tahoe cabin in the Nevada side and register my NSX there for a Turbo kit.

Last edited:
That's some crazy horsepower:eek: That said, I want a ride:biggrin:, only pitfall to that is my car will seem slow as molasses after that.

You're in the Tampa right? I'd love to check it out or go for a ride. I'll even throw in lunch! :wink: PM ME. Brian

And it just occured to me, your car will be double my rwhp!

IN for the build thread!

I will say that being around 600rwhp sure seems like the car is already insanely fast, and might be at the edge of where things start to break in a big way.
Cody found out that 3rd gear was a major limiting factor, basically getting shredded at 920rwhp.

Can't wait to see the results!
Brian

Thanks Blodi I will pass the crown on to you now anything you need with the BBSC we got you we will still be offering support .Yes I pretty much maxed out the limits of the BBSC but certainly is the best bang for the buck any day.

Awesome Luis! Can't wait to see the results!
Though, it will be a shame to not having you forging new territory w/ the BBSC anymore. But, I think you basically maxed it out. :)

Im located in Hollywood Fl near Ft Lauderdale if your ever in the area we can definitely hang out .

You're in the Tampa right? I'd love to check it out or go for a ride. I'll even throw in lunch! :wink: PM ME. Brian

And it just occured to me, your car will be double my rwhp!

Yea anything is expected at this level of power .Luckily I have 2 back up trannys .If they go then I will be converting to Level 10 Automatic tranny fully built.

IN for the build thread!

I will say that being around 600rwhp sure seems like the car is already insanely fast, and might be at the edge of where things start to break in a big way.
Cody found out that 3rd gear was a major limiting factor, basically getting shredded at 920rwhp.

Can't wait to see the results!
Brian

Well guys as most of you know I was previously rated one of the highest powered BBSC supercharged Nsxs in the country.I was very happy with my set up at around 570rwhp but as all of us speed junkies know its just never enough.So I decided to take the Turbo plunge as I was told this is the only way to achieve real power levels .I went with a full custom set-up aiming at 800+Rwhp .I will be putting together a full build write up in detail soon.

Here is a Teaser of what is to come:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yHYWTorS0Uc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Special Thanks to: Asap Performance/That Racing Channel/Love-Fab

Good luck with your goals. What kind of boost do you think that you will have to run to get 800 whp and what other mods will you have to do to get the rest of the car to handle 800 whp? What is the expected torque, as that is the number that breaks parts, and not so much hp? Do you think that an auto can work with those numbers, as that was going to be my next step as well.

From personal experience, I found the number of problems/weaknesses goes up exponentially past 650-700 whp. Depending on if you if you are just making dyno numbers or actually trying to apply all that hp, you'll find that the axles and tranny will struggle. Then there's all the little things like really rough starts and idles, trying to keep the engine and IAT's cool etc. Good luck with the build! :smile: I finally ran out of interest/patience with mine. :redface:

It will be set-up with boost by gear so only what the car can handle in each gear.I have 1 of the best Tuners in the country at my disposal this will be crucial in this set-up.I know what your talking about

From personal experience, I found the number of problems/weaknesses goes up exponentially past 650-700 whp. Depending on if you if you are just making dyno numbers or actually trying to apply all that hp, you'll find that the axles and tranny will struggle. Then there's all the little things like really rough starts and idles, trying to keep the engine and IAT's cool etc. Good luck with the build! :smile: I finally ran out of interest/patience with mine. :redface:

Last edited:
We will be doing boost by gear should be pushing around 35 psi to accomplish our goal .I heard Level 10 offers a race built tranny option .I might go this route if my tranny fails but I do have 2 back ups on hand.

Good luck with your goals. What kind of boost do you think that you will have to run to get 800 whp and what other mods will you have to do to get the rest of the car to handle 800 whp? What is the expected torque, as that is the number that breaks parts, and not so much hp? Do you think that an auto can work with those numbers, as that was going to be my next step as well.

It will be set-up with boost by gear so only what the car can handle in each gear.I have 1 of the best Tuners in the country at my disposal this will be crucial in this set-up.I know what your talking about

I wouldn't worry about the tranny or tuning. Sounds like you are making the proper precautions. It's the little things that will get you though. Like have you upgraded your motor mounts? Upgraded your axles? Upgraded to stiffer suspension (all that power will cause you to bottom out). Stuff like that.

We will be doing boost by gear should be pushing around 35 psi to accomplish our goal .I heard Level 10 offers a race built tranny option .I might go this route if my tranny fails but I do have 2 back ups on hand.

Cant wait too see this beast run or some dyno numbers(I do hope you reach your goals).It will be good to see the build thread on this beauty, keep us posted on the progress and keep up the good work. Make it a great day Brian

35 lbs :eek:, I suspect that you will get there with less. The automatic will be interesting since I currently can't keep traction adequately in 3rd gear with my new motor and turbo because of the increased torque. Sounds like a solid plan.

Back