• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully Built Turbo Nsx 800 + HP "Coming Soon"

.I've ejaculated in my nsx in 9.3 seconds....does that count.

This is exactly why you and I can never see eye to eye.

Ok, so let's keep this really simple. Let's just stick with some simple facts that I would think we could at least agree on:

1) A 9 sec NSX is possible. I think we can both agree on that right?
2) By all calculations, one would assume that roughly 700 whp should be enough to achieve said 9 sec 1/4 mile. Again, in agreement correct?
3) To date, there has not been a 9 sec run done on an NSX to anyone's collective knowledge here on Prime? I don't think anyone has found a record of it to my knowledge. Again, nothing controversial right?

So with these facts, that I assume we can agree with, what is your theory as to why a 9 second pass has not been done? Multiple people have built a 650-700 whp NSX (I can think of dozen off the top of my head, I know of dozens more that I've heard of and even dozens more on top that I haven't heard of). Also there are many good drivers who know what they are doing on the 1/4 mile (some even within this tread). So by all rationale, a 9 sec pass should have been done by now. How can it be explained that it hasn't?

As I mentioned before, I had the same thought process as many of you in the beginning. While I wasn't specifically trying to build a 9 sec car, I didn't think it should be as hard because I did the same theoretical math in my head as well. Along the process, I (and others) found that it was harder than expected. I'm the first to admit, I don't know why. However, the fact are the facts, it still hasn't been done yet. I'm not saying that it can't be done. I'm doing the best I can to theorize and explain why to date it hasn't been done derived from what I've personally experienced, what I've seen, and what I've heard. And again, it's just a theory, and as a theory, I'm sure parts are wrong. However, based on the fact it still hasn't been done, I'm there has got to be some merit to what I'm saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Bozo, I agree, this is definitely not a myth you are losing control because its like driving around with skateboard wheels(radials) in front, and balloons(bias plies) in the back, they bounce at different rates, and lead to swaying. This is a common occurrence with bias/radial RWD mix, and I've experienced it first hand....very scary. I hope he can get it straightened out and run even faster times. Once we put bias plies on the S2000 she straightened right out even with 20+ more mph in the back half.

Perhaps because the NSX is a mid-engine car is creating more of an issue of instability. Just like the mid-engine design is more prone to snap spin because the center of mass is so close to the rotational axis, I would theorize that the mid-engine design would create a snap-bounce scenario that you are not going to see in a front engine design. That could be one possible explanation why the NSX might be unique in it's difficulty on the 1/4 mile.

- - - Updated - - -

You only respect old timers in here Vegas

Not true at all. I have no respect for docjohn and he's the oldest timer there is!

.I've ejaculated in my nsx in 9.3 seconds....does that count.

I just couldn't dare respect a guy with a two tone NSX. :wink:

Why not start with only 400whp and then in 2.gear with" magic switch "more power (600whp,700whp or so)?is not that better?I've driven a lot of drag racing,and starting is better with little power.My experience
Sorry for my bad English:(

Are you trying to use the stock wheels still or willing to switch to a skinny wheel? There are many choices if you switch to a skinny, but if you want to keep the stock front wheel you may need to run a full slick up front. M & H makes a 23x8" slick that may work. I'm not sure if this is recommended though, slicks up front in a RWD car.
Yes I have been trying to keep the stock front rims but I am open to try anything. No I would never try a slick on the front, but that would be different.

- - - Updated - - -

Now lets get back to the original thread.................Onestepx have you been back to the track and if yes how did it go and if no let us know........I am still hoping that you will be the first to break in the nines.

Now lets get back to the original thread.................Onestepx have you been back to the track and if yes how did it go and if no let us know........I am still hoping that you will be the first to break in the nines.

His most recent post was 9-28-2012, so he hasn't been active in over a year. That means he's probably no longer active on this site and most likely isn't even checking this thread or will ever reply. The optimist in me would say hopefully he's moved on to better things like another hobby, his family or maybe still working on his build. The pessimist in me would say that either something happened to him or he blew up his engine. Either way, in the past when a profile on Prime like this has gone cold for over year, they almost never come back. We will probably never know what happened. :frown:

He did have heart surgery If I recall correctly. His last post that I see was towards the end of August this year.

Last edited:
no I did not remove my front sway bar. As I told the shop that I bought the ET streets from, if you are so sure this is just high speed wondering(which I am familiar with) then you drive my car but if you crash it, you fix it and the owner of the speed shop said no thanks.....EAC have you had your car do this at the strip? I would agree that it just lost traction once but every time?

There are a lot of tricks out there. I used to drag race my RX7's. As you can probably imagine, that's not exactly a chassis built for drag. But, with lots of testing, trial and error, you can make it happen.

I want to take my NSX out, but not without ET streets and since I have Stoptechs, I’m having a hard time finding a wheel that fits. Ugh.

Try removing the sway bar up front, it will help the transfer of weight. Take my advice on that Tilton part. You'll thank me later.

As far as breaking loose, yes, I had it happen all the time. Always right before the 1/8th mile marker. Like I said before, loading and unloading the tires while shifting can be dangerous. That's one of the reasons you're blowing the tires away. I was finally able to set my suspension up so that it wasn't so unpredictable. First thing I did was get rid of the light weight flywheel and install a heavier one. That helped keep the car in boost between shifts. Most importantly was to have someone help not only get in the "groove" but keep my car in the “groove”. If you get out of that groove, expect you haze the tires and hit some cones. lol

Here is a couple of my old ones..

BKS6-09-05_011B.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130820_170927_jpg2.jpg
    20130820_170927_jpg2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20130820_171008_jpg2.jpg
    20130820_171008_jpg2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited: