• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fully Built Turbo Nsx 800 HP "Update "Dyno Day

Hello everyone I am happy to report my car is finally up & running again.Wednesday mourning was the big day for my baby she just got off the operating table after recovering from her last Speed crack binge .She just couldn't lay off the boost after 5 years of being BBSC supercharged & around 22 lbs of boost later at 575 RWHP . She just kept begging for more so the time came to take the Turbo Plunge I was told many times forget about that supercharger if you wanna really make power than Turbo is the way to go.

So Decisions Decisions so after looking at the few choices of Turbo kits being offered out there I decided none of these were going to cut it for me .Since none of these were going to put me anywhere near 800 RWHP without having to upgrade most of the components anyway.So here is what my mechanic at ASAP Performance suggested we do .So I put my full trust in him & took his advise after all he has the fastest eclipse in the country running 8.8 in the 1/4 mile & dealing with nothing but mostly race cars all day.So this is what the mad scientist put together for our Master Plan .

Quick List
1)Precision Turbo 6766 Ball Bearing T4
2)Quick Spool Valve
3)Custom Y Pipe/ Custom made exhaust with Magna flow Muffler
4)LoveFab XL Intercooler custom -16 AN fittings for water supply lines
5)GT 500 Mustang Cobra Dual Electric Fan Heat Exchanger with custom -16 fittings re-welded in
6)Custom Made Water Coolant Tank/Oil Catch can/Overflow tank/Fuel surge Tank
7)Fuel Lab 1800hp Fuel Pump /2000 CC Bosch injectors /Custom Ice/water box for air to water system
8)Meiziere Electric Water pump 55 gals per minute <Beast
9)RB racing oil scavenge pump
10)Tial BOV /Tial waste-gate
Fuel E85

Engine Build not included in this thread will update shortly since this was already done previous to Turbo Install.

So skipping ahead a little we finally finished the car on Wednesday & were off to the Dyno After my Tuner came by put a quick tune to get the car up & running off we were to the dyno .

Well I had to admit I had no Idea what to expect but I knew we took everything precaution to make sure everything was planned out correctly from the start .Fuel system /Cooling System /etc.

So here we go 1 st Dyno pull
12 psi not even a full pull we were at 549 RWHP this is more than what the supercharger was capable of at 22lbs of boost I knew then that we had a monster on our hands because we were aiming to go around 30 -35 lbs of boost by the time we were done .

It was an all day event in tuning dept we must have made over 20 pulls & 5 hours later we finally had to call it the day right before we made it to our target # of 800 RWHP we had noticed a little fluctuation in the Fuel pressure regulator.So after a little while of diagnosing come to be a simple fix we had week vacuum going to the FPR so we swapped vacuum lines to opposite holes & problem solved it was a simple fix but put us behind schedule a little on the Dyno .So winds up my Tuner was flying out that evening & wasn't going to be back till late next week.

So this was the final official result for now 772.20 RWHP Max Trq 590.26 25lbs of boost

So we missed our mark by 28 hp due to minor vacuum leak that threw our day off the Tuner is sure we are good fuel wise for up to 850 RWHP so to be continued .Cant complain for now

To be continued full video & detailed thread coming soon
1st Dyno chart with few runs
2nd Chart Final # for the day

Attachments

• Dyno Chart multi runs.jpg
    Dyno Chart multi runs.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Dyno Run 772 RWHP 590 Trq.jpg
    Dyno Run 772 RWHP 590 Trq.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 584
  • Nsx Turbo.jpg
    Nsx Turbo.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 882
  • Nsx pic on wall.jpg
    Nsx pic on wall.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
Excellent power. Wasn't expecting this to be done so soon. More pictures of the engine bay would be great, as well as the fuel and turbo setup.

Awesome power!! I have to ask though, how do you plan on getting all that power to the ground? I've heard plenty of other Primers who are at the 550ish RWHP mark complain that they can't keep the tires from breaking loose.

Again, awesome build.... can't wait to see you hit your 800 goal! :smile:

-Steve

Who cares if it gets to the ground? I like the fearless nature of this experiment. I really hope that this motor has longevity. Congrats. I say leave here where she is. It's like that awesome feeling of being "next" in line.:biggrin:

Don't tempt fate!

Excellent power. Wasn't expecting this to be done so soon. More pictures of the engine bay would be great, as well as the fuel and turbo setup.

That's awesome! I too didn't think you were gonna do the build that fast. Great stuff, way to set the goal and attack it full speed!

Wow, you are not wasting any time! Outstanding!!! Are you running race fuel or E85?

Last edited:
Yeah, I say drive it around at a mere 772rwhp, and then get back to us when that starts feeling slow ;-P

CONGRATS!
Brian

You've gotta post a 2nd-3rd gear full pullvideo. 60-120mph. Congrats on the quick build. 2000 injectors?? WOW that's some serious fuel. Seems like you mounted the turbo pretty much where the AP-X kit does.

and you need this much for what reason again?

your stop light to stop light times will improve, and your MPG will reduce.

I wish my car had that much but... I think I would wreck it racing a civic
on a straight line.

kudos though

How we going to apply that power to the ground

Boost by Gear the car will be street tuned to apply only as mush boost as it can handle in each gear.

Tires: Slicks at the track
Nitto 305/35/18 555R Drag Radials for the street

Awesome power!! I have to ask though, how do you plan on getting all that power to the ground? I've heard plenty of other Primers who are at the 550ish RWHP mark complain that they can't keep the tires from breaking loose.

Again, awesome build.... can't wait to see you hit your 800 goal! :smile:

-Steve

Holy Crap! Nice work Luis! Have you driven it on the street since the tune?
I can't imagine what that would feel like. I've driven a 600rwhp NSX and its mind blowing.

Thanks Blodi no I took it easy driving it back to the shop it was rush hour. Im waiting for a couple parts that we ordered that still hadn't arrived
New lower temp thermostat
New lower temperature fan switch to keep Air intake temps cool as possible once everything is a 100 % we will be going right to the track

and you need this much for what reason again?

your stop light to stop light times will improve, and your MPG will reduce.

I wish my car had that much but... I think I would wreck it racing a civic
on a straight line.

kudos though

Lmfao Wow

Last edited:
How we going to apply that power to the ground

Boost by Gear the car will be street tuned to apply only as mush boost as it can handle in each gear.

Tires: Slicks at the track
Nitto 305/35/18 555R Drag Radials for the street

Really...I slick with a 35 side wall. :-(

It will do better than street tires but get ready to be all over the place. Why not pick up a nice 15" or 16" wheel and do a set of M/T 275/50/15's or something nice that is going to have some nice side wall to wrinkle down?

It will do better than street tires but get ready to be all over the place. Why not pick up a nice 15" or 16" wheel and do a set of M/T 275/50/15's or something nice that is going to have some nice side wall to wrinkle down?

I'm thinking that the rear end of the car would explode if he hooked up with real drag slicks:eek:

I'm thinking that the rear end of the car would explode if he hooked up with real drag slicks:eek:

A lot of people think this but slicks put a lot less shock into the drivetrain than drag radials do because they kind of wind up and absorb a lot of the initial shock, so actually true soft sidewall slicks hurt the car less but are hard to handle at the other end of the track at high speeds.

That is exactly the plan for the track looking into a 16 x 10 wheel for slicks

Far as street driving 2nd gear 3 rd gear pulls no problem with traction Nitto 305/35/18 555R Drag radials

I don't understand when you read both your threads.......you said your motor was already built but now you are deciding to go with a $1000 set of head studs and selling your arp studs and you said your motor build was gonna be under $10k?? And now you are selling AEM to get a Motec???? Doesn't sound like you are as you said......"baller on a budget" What is really going on with this "build"??? If I'm not mistaken, don't you have to replace the entire wiring harness when you go Motec? I also thought I remember the cost of going that route was close to $10k by itself.

Back