• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

Looks really good so far! and in those last pics looks like someone in your neighborhood is going crazy with Christmas decorating :eek:

Well, we're getting there...

Tomorrow we start a week long road trip to:

Uninstall the SC and install the turbo system.
Final fitting of the front bumper with pins and latches.
Final adjustments to the widewide body kit.
Wheels and tires.

Then back home and onto block sanding and paint...

Getting close :)

LOL already going turbo?

LOL already going turbo?

Already? We ran that blower for 3 track events... :tongue:

My Father should be back this weekend to update this thread.

I can't wait!

Thanks Brandon....Merry Christmas to you and the family brother...

Thats one hell of a build, seems like its moving along pretty swiftly though. Everything looks great, congrats Jim. What size wheels did you end up running? I saw the pics but didnt see the size anywhere.

Thanks !...It's been a labor of love :)

We are running 9" fronts and 11" rears X 18 with 245 & 285's...

Almost done :)

Thanks...I still have jet lag...:)

Latest of what's going on.
Next week I will start the block sanding.

I need a vacation....

Attachments

• Ready for Block Sanding 1.jpg
    Ready for Block Sanding 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Ready for Block Sanding 2.jpg
    Ready for Block Sanding 2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,253
  • Ready for Block Sanding 3.jpg
    Ready for Block Sanding 3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Rear End 2.jpg
    Rear End 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Rear End 3.jpg
    Rear End 3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:
APR-gtc-500

Last edited:
Man you are a work horse Jim! Guys half your age will not be able to keep up with your schedule! The car looks so mean! I cant wait to get ours back!

Looking nice Coz!

The sides seem pretty busy to me, but if the vent and ducts are functional then I'm okay wth it. A darker colour will blend it all in nicely. Very exotic.

Love the wheel choice. The wing is essential for the look. You've got to remove the "acura" sticker off the center tail light piece too. Haha...like you don't have enough stuff to do already ;)

Awesome.

Last edited:
Interesting project. Best detail for me so far is the wat the front fenders come back to the door shut with that decent rear cooling vent.

Back end shut lines look well aligned already, color will amke or break the overall result ... what have you in mind (apologies if already covered earlier).

Nice work

regards, Paul

Thanks John..

I found the side ducts are very functional. I have an oil cooled inside the passenger side quarter panel vent. If I let the car idle for 20 minutes, my oil temp goes up to right at 172 and my water temp goes to 178.
As soon as I start crusing at say 40 mph, my oil temp comes down to 162 and the water temp holds steady. I push it and my oil temps come up to around 200. The air flow through the vent is incredable.
With the stock set up before the WB, oil ran at 186 crusing and 220+ when pushed. So I can tell it made a difference.

I actually have a set of tinted out tail lights that will be going on it after it's painted..

I will be glad when it's done....which is the driving force...

Looking nice Coz!
The sides seem pretty busy to me, but if the vent and ducts are functional then I'm okay wth it. A darker colour will blend it all in nicely. Very exotic.
Love the wheel choice. The wing is essential for the look. You've got to remove the "acura" sticker off the center tail light piece too. Haha...like you don't have enough stuff to do already ;)
Awesome.

Last edited:
LOL...I figure it this way Ken, if I stop at my age, I may never get started again...

2-3 weeks away for yours, yahoo !

Man you are a work horse Jim! Guys half your age will not be able to keep up with your schedule! The car looks so mean! I cant wait to get ours back!

Just something about a nice ass (female wise) has always been my weakness too :biggrin:

Love the Butt:biggrin:

Last edited:
Paul,

I'm very satisfied how everything is coming together, almost like it was meant to happen this way. Everything aligned very well with minimal amount of work really.

We still will be adding NACA Ducts, rear quarter vents and rear bumper relief vents as well.

Color wise, I was going to paint it red. But after seeing it in it's sanding primer paint, I am really thinking about painting it Satin black and using a glossy red for some stripes and or design starting on the front bumper and working back through the hood into the sides. We are kicking around some idea's, colors and accents...

I really like how aggressive it looks black...But a gloss black is such a PIA to take care of....Satin Black might be nice.

Interesting project. Best detail for me so far is the wat the front fenders come back to the door shut with that decent rear cooling vent.
Back end shut lines look well aligned already, color will amke or break the overall result ... what have you in mind (apologies if already covered earlier).
Nice work
regards, Paul

Back