• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

G35 Coupe vs. NSX-T

Damn, this is a crazy thread. One thing about this NSXprime site is there are plenty of people who don't know how fast their cars are. NA2 NSX's are not super fast. Even a CTSC'd NSX is only a mid 12's 1/4 mile car. The C5 vette is not that great but a new C06 vette will probably beat a supercharged NSX at any year with a high boost pulley. People, they aren't beasts in the straight line. Mid 13 seconds is attainable by most sports sedans that are stock sadly. The NSX should not be bought because of its cheetah quickness. My 335i is faster than a stock NSX for 0-60 but that doesn't tell the whole story. The NSX is about being exotic, looking badass and having estreme engineering designed into the car. It was a masterpiece for its time. The all aluminum body, titanium connecting rods and titanium suspension made it one of a kind. If that appeals to you than buy a NSX. If you like new navigation, nice stereo and new car smell than buy a BMW 335i coupe. You will enjoy that more than a G35 I imagine. Plus, you get free(paid for) maintence for 4 years of ownership. I am biased slightly as I just bought one. Plus, a BMW is a the "ultimate driving machine." I had to throw that in there.

If you want a really fast NSX than go with a nice Turbo kit. Call Factor X racing and they will hook it up. It will be the best of both worlds. Take a drive in their NSX and you will want nothing else.

Yea, I don't know the exact details. I read that on website about the NSX. I know it has a more advanced design in the suspension than a vette does. You guys get the idea about the car though.

Greetings

My neighbor has 2 BMW's -- a 750 and a 740. He likes to drive them, but complains about them being "The Ultimate Maintenance Machine". He also complains about being forced to buy 4 years of service jacked up into the price of the car. I have to admit that this was one of the things that soured me on buying another Bimmer.

Martin

actually I like that aspect. Lexus hits you up for astronomical expenses every 5k miles. I was amazed at how much they wanted for each service. Simply put, lexus has good service but they charge you a lot for that smile while they rip your teeth out. At least it is already paid for when you buy the car I guess. I don't mind that part at all.

Damn, this is a crazy thread. One thing about this NSXprime site is there are plenty of people who don't know how fast their cars are. NA2 NSX's are not super fast. Even a CTSC'd NSX is only a mid 12's 1/4 mile car. The C5 vette is not that great but a new C06 vette will probably beat a supercharged NSX at any year with a high boost pulley. People, they aren't beasts in the straight line. Mid 13 seconds is attainable by most sports sedans that are stock sadly. The NSX should not be bought because of its cheetah quickness. My 335i is faster than a stock NSX for 0-60 but that doesn't tell the whole story. The NSX is about being exotic, looking badass and having estreme engineering designed into the car. It was a masterpiece for its time. The all aluminum body, titanium connecting rods and titanium suspension made it one of a kind. If that appeals to you than buy a NSX. If you like new navigation, nice stereo and new car smell than buy a BMW 335i coupe. You will enjoy that more than a G35 I imagine. Plus, you get free(paid for) maintence for 4 years of ownership. I am biased slightly as I just bought one. Plus, a BMW is a the "ultimate driving machine." I had to throw that in there.

If you want a really fast NSX than go with a nice Turbo kit. Call Factor X racing and they will hook it up. It will be the best of both worlds. Take a drive in their NSX and you will want nothing else.
That applies to you bro. Once you own an NSX you will understand. I recommend you completed the break in period on your 335i, then floor it, you are going to be surprised.

Stock for stock acceleration: NA2 NSX>335i>NA1 NSX (not really dramaticly different)

I own a E92 335i as well. Ultimate semi sporty daily driver, but no ultimate diving matchine, at least not the non-Ms. For my own 335i to match my own NSX it will need at least 430~450rwhp. Stock turbos isn't going to get there regardless of mods.

Two aspects I really hate about my 335i is:
-Nasty body rolls through turns
-Torque drops like a rock (NSX maintain it through redline)

Unlike other cars. There are only so many NSXes around and combined with fact that weekend 1/4 mile drag strip runs are not exactly a popular activite for NSXers. You not going to find too many 1/4times that really do reflect what the car is really capable of or do the car justice. A high 11, low 12 car is only as fast as the driver.

Sorry if I stepped on some toes by talking about my car plans, but someone earlier in the thread asked, so I thought I'd reply :)
And there is no good, logical reason why I want an NSX. I always compare it to other cars that make more sense to who I am, and my lifestyle. A 335i coupe is a great car, pretty idealy suited to me, and I generally check them out when I see one on the road. But when I see an NSX I nearly cause a multi-vehicle collision. I have to stop and stare. I want one just because. I dunno, have you ever really wanted something? I've wanted one since high school, and I've been out of HS for some time now :D
A 911 Turbo will be faster, and probably more practical too, since it's less noticeable and I can park it almost anywhere because people will think it's a regular 911. A SC240 Exige will more than likely be faster in both a straight and the corners, AND get more looks. But I won't LOVE either one of those cars. It'll be a professional relationship vs. an emotional one.
Either way, this thread has surved it's purpose. I'm getting an NSX... just not.. quite yet...

My advice to you is to stop wasting money on mods for a G35 that you will never get back and just buy a clean NSX that will hold its value rock solid. You are giving up a much better car AND a more sound financial decision for a short term fix. The novelty of all those mods will wear out soon and again you will be back to square one.

My advice to you is to stop wasting money on mods for a G35 that you will never get back and just buy a clean NSX that will hold its value rock solid. You are giving up a much better car AND a more sound financial decision for a short term fix. The novelty of all those mods will wear out soon and again you will be back to square one.

If you were actually worth any good advice you wouldn't have bought a NSX in Volvo silver:rolleyes:

Plus mod advice from you... the mod devil:eek:

After owning my NSX every other "car" feels like a truck to me. With the high door sills, the high dash, the high seating position, the lack of road view compared to the NSX... all other cars SUCK!

There is only one good car in this world: The NSX. Its how I feel and I am not ashamed to say it. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back