• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging Interest, Carbon Fiber Headliner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks great Stephen. By the looks of it, it will be quite easy for you guys to dremel your own sunvisor holes.

Thanks, it's been coming along great so far. I have a ton of time invested now into it but I'm glad I didn't scrap this project and only took a break. I think everyone will be pleased with the final outcome.

As for the holes to the visors. You can not drill the holes to just put visors unfortunately. The reason being is there are recessions there that were filled in. I guess theoretically you could drill the holes, then somehow mimic the bottom of the sun visor stay and bond it to the back of the headliner, but then you'd have to wrap it or if you cut pretty close you could probably get away with it just attached the recession items you made to the hole.

There's a few ways to keep the sun visors or add another type of sun visor from another car that may be less expensive and also not prone to cracking but I have yet to research it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yeah the fabric seems to be pretty much what others have thought too.

Jeff@Carbon6 told me his rep sourced Mugen R fabric or something years back, maybe he can chime in to any leads and such, but as long as there's uv resistance in the fabric you can wrap things in anything. Again uv resistant is key...

Yes, I would be interested in a full Carbon one (Coupe, No sun Visors), depending on price of course.
Same here. Thanks.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to waiting for a version that includes the use of OEM visors.

Last edited:
That's awesome. PM'ed you.

Depending on the material price you could wrap my headliner, the A pillars, and seat belt cover panels with probably 2-3 yards of fabric. When I did my headliner in alcantara I ordered 2 yards but that's only because it's wider then 36 inches but have fabric left over.

Also my local friend Jay who purchased a red nsx recently hasn't signed up for prime but he painted my plug for me at his shop today since I never laid base coat before, only primer and clear and didn't want to chance a mistake. So thank you. "PS, that's my paint area, not his shop".

Here's a picture of the plug and with the sun visor delete.
headliner1.jpg

Looks good so far!!! Seeing your thread reminded me of the carbon headliner I stashed away from 2006 LOL

Haha thanks Gil, this thing is a work of art.

The only other full carbon headliner downforce made which some are floating around but if you ask downforce maybe they'll make more for people that want the sun visors. That's my best suggestion for those who want to keep them. You'll probably need to get the nsx-r visors though from advanscpap since any other color then black is going to look funny. And if you're old visors have split like most have for coupes then that stuff is near unrepairable.

Once I get done the mould then pricing will be announced, should have the first part out early next week.

Nice! But will it creak and make noise?

Shouldn't, nothing some fuzzy tape wouldn't fix if so. I've never had problems with anything making noise with my car out of every part I've replaced. Although I can't hear anything in my car though...

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind. This part is not clear coated yet. It's straight from the mould trimmed and installed since well... I'm busy and have a lot to do tomorrow.

Old saggy crappy headliner that was probably my fault why it sagged and new headliner
Old_vs_new.jpg

Driversside1.jpg

driverside2.jpg

driverside3.jpg

passengerside3.jpg

passengerside2.jpg

passengerside1.jpg

images

Seriously though, I was like "meh" until I saw it. Now, my perfectly good condition headliner needs to be replaced. Thanks a lot!

Out of curiosity, are the indents for headroom the same? I'm 6'4" so every little bit helps (why I run the Source1 Too Tall Guy seat cushion - which has helped marvelously)

Stephen,

You really outdid yourself on this one! It looks awesome, great work!! What are you doing for us targa folks??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back