• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest: Comptech Superharger Group Buy

Not to rush you, since you are graciously doing this for the benefit of us. But any prices sorted out yet? So I can set a monetary goal?

Well you have an idea, don't you? We know what the standard price is, and we know that I am getting a discount off of that. For every person that signs up and commits, the entire group price drops slightly. I am negotiating on your behalf, and my position in the negotiation is based on the support of guys like you who sign you and make a commitment. So yes.... I have some pricing.... But that doesn't keep me from going back and saying "hey I have 5 more buyers, can we knock another $250 off all the units?". I have had some preliminary discussions. But every time I get 2-3 more names on here, I go back and I try for a little more.

Your GB's get big because of your efforts Dave, and everyone sees it.

Targa me.

Mike, things have changed, and since you asked I am going to just tell everyone. There will be no coupe kit and targa kit. There will be one kit. The engine cover and triangle brace will be available to those that want it, at a discount. Many guys don't use the targa cover. I didn't, I sold mine. I like my supercharged engine to be visible. I like it when people point and say "OMG is that a blower?" LOL. Also some guys already have braces, or like to use different braces. So for making it easy, I have made it one kit, with two available items for everyone else. I am just not going to keep track of who wanted which kit any more.

i maybe in depending on the final pricing.

Guys I will not be publicly posting the pricing. This was a request from CT Engineering I am going to honor, and I ask that you guys also keep your pricing confidential once I have contacted you.

Whatever the price winds up being, it is the lowest pricing you will see on this kit period. Unless someone else on some other group buy gets 40 buyers on a group buy, which I don't see happening, it just won't happen again. This will be all over in a couple of months, and those who got in get in and those who didn't, didn't. They will just have to pay more later.

Dave,

Thanks for putting this GB together! I have admired this system for a long time and although I am keeping the Turbo in the track car, a little more hp for the road car would be nice... So, I'm putting my name down for this as well!

Guys I just want you all to know that I am working on this and talking to the right people. Just because I am quiet doesn't mean nothing is happening. Please be patient. My #1 priority in this is those guys on the list. That's who I'm working hard for. I'll just say this: CT-Engineering is aware of what is going on here. These things are always delicate. That's all I can really say publicly. I promised I will get you a price not normally possible. I will come through for you.

You should be able to get this down to what they charge for the S2k sc's. :tongue::wink::eek:

Targa me. Depend on the price. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Is CA smog pass?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to get this down to what they charge for the S2k sc's. :tongue::wink::eek:

Yeah that's not gonna happen. LOL...

guys has everyone voted on when it is best for them to pay for their systems? Please make sure you vote if you have not.

Would like to be on the list, thanks

List updated.

Guys this is going through CT-engineering directly. They are in the process of updating their prime vendor status so they can post and get an official group buy thread going. I went direct for a number of reasons including wanting direct connection for support.

For anyone with reasonable expectations, I think you'll be very happy with the pricing. It's excellent, and just cannot be done for less even if we have another 80 buyers. It's just the bottom with the current cost of parts. I'm finalizing some details then sending out PM's to everyone on the list. I am trying to work out a system now for payment so that it meets everyone's needs. Not an easy task. It's taking a lot of work. That will all be handled by CT-engineering.

And for all the guys thanking me for setting these things up.... Thank Lud. He really always wants the best for forum members, and gives great support. Without that these things couldn't happen.

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance but is the supercharger blower specific to our nsx or is it a blower widley used on other vehicles?

The blower itself is made by Lysholm. No supercharger I know of is "car specific" but the rest of the kit that makes it work is car specific.

Guys CTE has come up with a little extra bonus for us. If you give them your car's production number, they will laser etch "Custom Built for NSX#000152 by CT Engineering" on the snout of the blower for you. This is done by a very expensive machine and is free of charge for the superchargers on this GB.

The official GB by them will be up next week. The official GB will most likely last a couple of weeks. Apparently there are still quite a few members who are unaware of this GB. I feel bad for them missing out but I don't know how to reach everyone. If you have any friends that may want this and may be unaware, do them a favor and let them know. I am not looking for more buyers to reduce the price. The price is at the bottom of where it can go even if we had 100 more buyers. I just hate for anyone to miss out I myself almost missed out on the last one. I bought the system before I even had my NSX.

Last edited:
Back