• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Gauging interest for a group buy: Tommy Kaira gurney flap and kit

^agreed! If you can test it on someone's seibon wing that be awesome as that's the one I have and I'm sure lots of other members.

^agreed! If you can test it on someone's seibon wing that be awesome as that's the one I have and I'm sure lots of other members.
JDM products are never just “direct bolt ons” as they are manufactured by hand. You should always take them, whether it is a lip, bumper, wing, full kit, etc…to a quality shop for installation so they can make them fit perfect.

My body shop said making the TK piece fit on my R wing is no big deal, almost zero modification and just some good body tape and a tiny amount of sand and paint would make it look good.

This part was moulded on a factory R spoiler. An original Honda R wing, not a replica. There is no way for me to know what will be required to make it fit on various R wings. I am not even sure if all Seibon wings will be the same. So if you buy this, it really is up to you to make it work. I am just helping arrange a group buy guys, I am not a store, a vendor, a body shop, etc. having said this... This little thing really looks awesome. I can't begin to describe how much I like it.

I will start the actual group buy thread next week for those that want it.

Here are a few more photos I received just today to show fitment. The tape is there to protect the original wing. This is just a drop-on check, nothing else. It fits the OEM spoiler perfectly. The center on my downforce has a slight gap but the body shop said tape will hold that down no problem. So essentially at least with mine, I don't have to do any mods other than paint.

608c87f8d693499356d24a53061672db_zps67f9472e.jpg

0ed4233ccf1d19d4ad8f23f585456289_zps9b24b727.jpg

6df990a54c635468d4a894275f3315e0_zps7313ca8e.jpg

I think it's a piece that finally makes the R wing look good. I've never loved the R wing but this thing finally fixes it and when painted ties it in to the rest of the car.

I'm in depending on price. And I don't even currently own an R winy anymore :biggrin:

Depending on price and if I purchase my wife a similarly priced purse, I am in.

No it does not cover the light

- - - Updated - - -

FA3BFBB2-3B0E-4F7F-AFDC-831919F9D303-1131-0000008DCAD12BAD_zpsc3066e93.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

here is a video.

Please keep in mind THIS IS NOT PAINTED< PRIMED< OR INSTALLED. It is just laid on my spoiler by hand and the fit is very very good on my spoiler.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oLT3-NPebVU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Thanx for the updates Dave. The right adhesive tape will hold the middle, I say this as I have the Procar 02 lip and it was also a llittle high on test fit, yet with tape it's a perfect fit. Been on 2yrs and not shifted at all.

Let me know when the GB thread kicks off.

Just as an aside, and I know you appreciate feedback, the back of your car is super clean, no badges and yet you have a 'Comtech sticker' .... Surely that's gotta go?

Regards, Paul

Paul don't diss the sticker... LOL... it's silver on silver and pretty subtle.

I just added another sticker too:

EF88BB74-75DF-4DD5-A927-418F7102A5AB-1329-000000A70EC8E117_zps38389e2a.jpg

Hi.. Can you please take a pics of bottom? I was wondering can it fit it on Oem spoiler? Instead of type r spoiler! Thanks :)

Hi.. Can you please take a pics of bottom? I was wondering can it fit it on Oem spoiler? Instead of type r spoiler! Thanks :)

I can do better than that for you. I can test it on my OEM spoiler.

Damn, just a few inches short.....story of my life! :frown: :biggrin:

please do this!!!

I don't think there would be a huge demand for this. And it would be so different, the bottom doesn't fit either. You may as well start from scratch and make your own part. It's not just a matter of extending the sides. It's a completely different fit.

I don't think there would be a huge demand for this. And it would be so different, the bottom doesn't fit either. You may as well start from scratch and make your own part. It's not just a matter of extending the sides. It's a completely different fit.

Turbo, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to respectfully disagree. If this gurney flap was for the OEM spoiler and I had the Type-R wing, I would gladly revert to the OEM spoiler to use this piece. My humble opinion is that the Type-R wing doesn't flow well with the NSX lines and only looks good on certain cars (with certain mods). I think this gurney flap would look more at home on a modded NSX with an OEM spoiler. Purely my opinion, and subjective of course. :redface:

Yeah I am not arguing over the look, I just am not sure how many would want it. Maybe you are right. Perhaps I will start a poll and see how many real interested people there would be. I also think then we should give TK a chance to develop the part first before we go copying it. I don't like this copy business too much to be honest. It's theft of their design in a way. If they say no we don't want to make it, then nsx1145 or whoever can look into making them. That's just my feelings on it.

For TK to consider a design of the OEM, this first buy has to be a successful one. I can't go making demands when I have barely sold any of the current one for them.

Last edited:
Back